PDA

View Full Version : Easy alterntive Domination victory on Deity

xTaylor 94x
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Sorry if this is already mentioned(couldn't find it mentioned anywhere) but anyway for the people who don't know, you don't have to take over anyone for a domination victory, instead you just have to wait until the end and be the most populated capital or city, you can check your population when the top ten cities screen appears I think every ten turns(may be different amount of turns but close to that) just make sure the other civilizations don't take each other over(almost never do) or win another victory type(Also almost never do) you can check by waiting for the who is winning screen to appear every ten or so turns or by pressing the back button(its the last option) and if all of the people are tied in domination(including you) and if you are the most populated city AND if they aren't close to winning another victory then you will win!!! it is easier than it sounds.:) THIS IS ON BETA CENTURUIM!!! (sorry if I spelled it wrong) WAIT UNTIL END (year 2424) I think

TIPS:
*build a modern infantry army and other defense
*try to stay at peace
*build all buildings and wonders
*after everthing is built, build defense the rest of the game
*use any civilization
Have FUN
hope this helps
THANK YOU!!!;)
Edit: to people like dirtymchater who have the same problem as he does Never Explore, wait until the other civs find you and if they find you at the very beginning or somewhat close to the beginning start over, also best to build a temple then factory then grainary then be first to build all the wonders, go from the one that takes least to the ones that cost most production so they wont be able to build one easily and the wont be able to get even near to a cultural victory, also if you can build the world bank or united nations DONT!!!!!!!! this will end the game
*****hopefully you can get a great builder at the very beginning as this cuts all wonders and buildings production cost in half(if u want to, play as the americans because they get a free great person at the beginning and just keep restarting until you get a great builder)

*****also never give them geat people or gold
2nd Edit: let the barbarians attack(if they never show up i would save but then restart) until u get a fully upgraded modern infantry army... and if u want something else upgraded make an army of ur choice then move out ur modern infantry then let ur new army(anything such as tanks, bombers, more modern infantry artillary, ect...) defend the city until they are fully upgraded***u can do this multiple times...*****if real civs find u move everyone back to the city immediatly *****eventually barbarians will stop coming****DONT search for them unless u have too haha or they get really annoying but save before u search and if u find a civ I personally would load the save and not go and find the annoying barbarians but thats just me thanks everybody who thought this helped :)

Jackso O Gilead
08-03-2008, 12:49 AM
That makes sense thanks for the tip thats the only achivement I have left for that game. You are the Shiznt. Civ FTW!!!

A Satyr
08-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I wondered why that happened on King but didnt on Deity... thanks for clearing this up.

:woop:

xTaylor 94x
08-03-2008, 04:54 PM
;)your welcome

jjpettybones
08-05-2008, 04:33 AM
How do you keep the other Civs from achieving Cult or Eco victories in such a large amount of time?

OldWIKI TIK
08-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the tip! If people get into trouble with them getting close on economy or culture, you can just build veteran spy rings and steal gold and/or great people!

spackhead
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Tried this last night using the English

Worked a treat

got my population up and built 8 of the wonders and all of the buildings

I was actually on for 3 of the 4 victories as the cash and culture ones were ready and almost ready too but just waited for the game to auto end for domination

Thanks for the tip

Doubly thanks as Homer the last famous person arrived long into the game. He had eluded me for far too long so it was 2 sets of 45point achs that I was very happy to get.

Just that 1000Ad monkey to get now and the Deity Tech victory and I am 1000/1000

Top tip action mate

xTaylor 94x
08-09-2008, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the tip! If people get into trouble with them getting close on economy or culture, you can just build veteran spy rings and steal gold and/or great people!

thank you for adding this;)

miss G
10-04-2008, 03:23 AM
worked for me, I've been trying to get that for ages! thanks

DirtyMcHater
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
this is fking bogus.. I"ve tried everything, and there's no way to make peace.... they all attack at the same time.. and by the time I'm actually doing well defending, another civ wins for cultural or some other type of shit :/

FoxRacing1234
10-07-2008, 01:56 AM
this is fking bogus.. I"ve tried everything, and there's no way to make peace.... they all attack at the same time.. and by the time I'm actually doing well defending, another civ wins for cultural or some other type of shit :/

Well, other civilizations are going to want to be at war with you. It's part of the game. What I did was play on the Kombat (don't remember the exact name but it has that in there) and everyone is at war with each other. So you could have other civilizations fighting right in front of your city. I found it very easy and I barely got attacked.

Jay Kay JOEY
10-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Are you sure? I have been playing the same game for like five hours and the year is 2388 AD and it has not ended. I'm about to shoot my xbox.

SlayerKing
10-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey guys,

I have a question. I have a game going as america on the beta centuari (r however you spell it) on Deity mode. And I only have about 14 more years until it ends and I got the Aztecs down to their last city but they're SO FRIGGIN UNFAIR! The Aztecs have that stupid ability to replenish their health after every battle. It is IMPOSSIBLE to kill them. I have the means if only they weren't so damn unfair. I'm just worried that one of the two civilizations will win before me. Can anyone give advice? Thanks :(

OldWIKI TIK
10-10-2008, 01:50 AM
My suggestion is to use armies that have the scout ability so that you can see what you are up against before hand. They only replenish if they win. If it were me, I would not even attack them unless it is lopsided to your favor. If that does not work just make sure you have the largest city at the end of the game ( I assume you are going for domination since that is the topic of the thread). Good Luck.

Tekoa55
10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the thread man! You helped me get "Such Joy Ambition Finds"

Tekoa55
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
How do you keep the other Civs from achieving Cult or Eco victories in such a large amount of time?

Build a bunch of wonders. When you have a lot of gold start building the world bank but do not finish it.

xTaylor 94x
11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
your welcome dude

GL080 GYM
12-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I followed the OP's advice and made it all the way to 2424. I had the highest ranked city, with more buildings and wonders and great people and everything else. I had even conquered a capital city, which nobody else had done. At the end, however, I came in third. Is it possible that it's because I didn't have as many total cities? I didn't expand at all because I figured it would be easier to defend just a couple of cities...

I'm pretty frustrated right now, I just spent 3+ hours on that game for nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

FDM13
12-11-2008, 10:29 PM
thanks man, nice method

RHYS JONES SAFC
12-17-2008, 02:19 AM
cheerz mate;)

xTaylor 94x
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I followed the OP's advice and made it all the way to 2424. I had the highest ranked city, with more buildings and wonders and great people and everything else. I had even conquered a capital city, which nobody else had done. At the end, however, I came in third. Is it possible that it's because I didn't have as many total cities? I didn't expand at all because I figured it would be easier to defend just a couple of cities...

I'm pretty frustrated right now, I just spent 3+ hours on that game for nothing. Anybody have any ideas?
Only build 1 or 2 cities, do not explore unless u have to

martnic
12-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Your suggestion worked a treat.

From your idea I got Domination victorys, Economic and Cultural + if I did'nt have them already I would have got 'Curse of The Drinking Class' and 'Will to Win is Everything' plus a few others.

So If this has'nt been added the the main guide I'd like to suggest it is because it helped no end and was really simple.

Many THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

IXISHADOW
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Trying this now I will post when done.

IXISHADOW
01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
I got to 2424 and it said the Germans won by domination victory even though everybody had 1 city conquered which is bs. Please help.

Phil the Bear
01-14-2009, 08:19 PM
If everything is all square in terms of Domination Victory by 2424 on Beta Centauri it is down to who has the largest population I believe. You should only need 1 or 2 cities but the key is to ensure they are large.

I have won domination victories a number of times on Deity this way. I tend to find the Americans the best civilisation to be in this game for some reason.

Just concentrate on Culture and expanding your population quickly. You may find that enemy cities will be converted to your cause due to your culture also. Just ensure you get these cities defended quickly.

knightsljx
01-18-2009, 04:15 AM
this is a pretty dumb method. its fairly easy to takeover all capitals on Beta Centauri even on Deity. As long as you are playing right, you should have more than enough Bombers, Spies, Modern Infantry to pwn every other civilization. Of course, don't go to war with everyone at once, do it one civ at a time and replenish any lost troops.

of course, move against the civ nearing cultural/economic victory first

spies are especially important. use them to demolish buildings in the city until they take out the walls. thats 100% defence advantage gone. then use them to disrupt as many defence units as possible, then mop up with bombers and modern infantry

rowain
01-22-2009, 06:03 PM
This was an easy win for me. Took around 30-40 minutes maybe?

Played as the Americans, not that it really matters too much. I rushed Temple and Factory and Granary, then just grabbed every building and wonder I could, wasn't too hard at all. As others have said, DO NOT EXPLORE. I was only discovered by one civ by the game's end, and they never declared war on me. Once you hit 31 population, keep in mind this is the city max.

The AI never even got within three milestones of an economic victory, but what I did was set the World Bank to build and then focused my workers on "Gold" production. This meant I wasn't producing any resources, so the World Bank was paused indefinitely. I'm not sure if this actually blocks the AI from getting the world bank, but again, they weren't even within 3 milestones even at the game end.

I also grabbed "Absolute Power is kind of Neat" (win without changing governments on King or higher) really easily here, as well as "Curse of the Drinking Class" (Over 200 Resource production in a city). What I did was save, switch my government to communism, and then focused on resource production. Because I was the Americans and because I had multiple hills and mountains nearby, I had over 230 production. After I had the achievement, I reloaded to the point before I switched governments and continued the game. If you don't have those ones yet, this is a great chance to get them.

hamplitude
02-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Wow, that took me about 5 hours, but I got it to work. I had about 5 cities all maxed out in population and managed to get it. Those damn French Howitzer armies were almost the death of me though.

tadpeters
03-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I tried this and had World Bank set on building but set it on gold production but the Chinese still built it.

Even if your blocking it out the AI can still build it.

45 minutes down the drain on this one.

zombies risen
03-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I can't believe I just did this. It came down to the very last turn and I mean that in every sense of the word.

First of all, I was lucky enough to spawn beside two other civilizations (Americans, Chinese) but didn't come across them until way later. I built myself up and could have built the world bank and united nations but didn't. I realized that another civilization was coming close on the world bank, but before I could start searching them out they found me first. It was the Americans and Washington was only about 6 spaces from London! (I was the English on this go).

I couldn't believe my luck. So, I began spamming spy ring after spy ring into Washington and after about 9 of them I sent a massive wave of tanks and artillery down there and just bombarded their defense over and over again. Finally, I took Washington and Lincoln was out of the game, saving my premature loss via econimics.

So now, the other civilizations got pissed and started to all gang bang me at once. From here it got really crazy. The Arabs, Chinese and Russians all began bombarding me at the same time, but despite all of this my 10+ defenses on my three cities held up.

And this is where I get REALLY lucky.. The Arabs were one bar away from building the world bank but never got to it. I guess this is what the OP meant. Not sure if it's a glitch if you take out the first AI getting close and the others don't pursue it after that; who knows. In any case, I saved my game and just tried to spam the A button to the end of the game. Guess what happens? The Chinese wins by Domination. Greaaat.

So now I reload my save and finally start looking for Beijing. It's about 9 spaces from London! ROFL. To make it even better, the Chinese have built another city in between Beijing and London, making it even EASIER! I send all of my armies up to London and get my 10 spy rings ready to go. Here we go! They all go up to Leuzang (or whatever it's called) and I take it over really easy. While this is going down, Russia is just trying to obliterate my ass. They have probably 40 fighters circling all around my area and it's getting hard to see.

So I take this Chinese town and I now have a direct road straight into Beijing and it's only 4 spots away. Unfortunately, time is now working against me. I only have about 9 turns left before the game goes to 2424. With that said, I start building more artillery, tanks and spy rings from all 4 cities and using my gold stockpile to spam them all every chance I can get. The first time, I tried to bombard Beijing with my newly built units but then remembered.. I have 10+ tank/artillery/military defenses on London, Washington and Leuzang!! I restart my game from my new save point and start pulling all of my tank/artillery defenses from my cities up the road into Leuzang and get ready for the final battle of my life. I have probably 10 artilleries, 8 spy rings and 17 tank armies all parked in Leuzang but left my modern infantry to defend my other capitals. We sure don't want to lose them to Russia.

I look at the year and it's 2422. My last turn. I had planned everything out to take Beijing on the very last turn of the game. I send my spy rings into Beijing and disrupt defense units and begin tearing down their buildings. After that, I send in my artillery and pound away at their defensive units. Their starting defense was over 100 but my spies and artillery slowly start dropping them down. I had the luxury of getting DAVID earlier in the game so all of my units had special abilities like "lightning" or "ninja" thank god for that.

My artillery is getting close to running out of turns so I now start pulling my tank armies out of Leuzang and into Beijing. Their defenses are at about 60-40 at this point and dropping each time I bombard them. Finally, it comes down to their last remnants of an air force as they have two groups of fighters defending Beijing. My tanks take care of them and finally... FINALLY... I send in another tank army with about 8 more to spare and the defensive units flee from the city.. BEIJING IS MINE!

I now have London, Washington and Beijing with only Russia and the Arabs still left. However, I have economic and culture maxed out and now have 2 capitals, with one of them being the 31 rank Beijing that would've won regularly.

After a few more seconds of Russia still trying to take Washington and London with fighter planes, the round ends and the game is over! The English win! 4 achievements unlocked and the headache of Domination on Deity now complete.

Thanks OP and everybody elses input. This was about my 6th try at doing this method but I finally lucked out. I'll put the stuff that made my life easier right here:

#1: Getting DAVID early on. All my units were upgraded (ninja & lightning FTW)

#2: Spawn placement. I can't say this enough. London was surrounded by capitals. The Arabs were the only people far off, but they were just a bit past Beijing by about 13 spaces. I could've taken Moscow but they had so many military units it would have been a long, long, LOOONG trek to get there. I was fortunate to see Washington and Beijing just a few spaces from my own capital which also happened to be the two civilizations threatning to steal the win from me. USA by economy and China by domination (popularity points via TIE)

#3: The Chinese road from Leuzang to Beijing. Seriously, this made what could've been a 6 turn invasion turn into one. There were tons of trees and hills around here so they did me a MAJOR favor by connecting the two cities. Once I took Leuzang it was just a one shot ride right into communist central.

#4: The USA were on the verge of building the world bank. It hadn't been announced yet, but I've tried this so many times I knew when they'd start. I eliminated them before they could start actually build it and this left the Arabs which was one bar under the world bank building. For the rest of the game they didn't go up at all. They remained at the same spot. I figured I was screwed because the Arabs were the furthest power from me as I'd have to fight through China to even get to them, but I guess they glitched out and never went anywhere after I took out Lincoln.

I could've done this with any civilization but one of the above posters said he used the English and I had never used them before so I figured WTF. Turns out he was either right or I just got totally lucky on this one and everything fell right into place. I couldn't have planned it out better myself really.

I didn't use any naval units at all. Between Russia and China they had between 10-20 naval units already floating all around the coast of Washington at any given time. I tried to build some battleships but they got owned within 2 turns everytime. After a while, I kind've figured that it served more or less as a distraction for Russia while I turned my attention to China 100% and it seemed to work for the most part. I built some bombers which helped take Washington a little bit but other than that I didn't use any other aerial units.

It boils down to modern military defending my towns and I just resorted to using spy rings first to tear their shit up from the inside, then sent in legions of artillery to get the tougher defensive units cracked, then mopped up with several tank units afterwards. It worked a treat but I definitely got lucky.

I can win all day long with culture, economy or technology but I guess I'm just not a domination player in my heart. Eh well.. Thanks for reading my life story I just figured I'd share all the coincidences and luck with everyone. Seriously, 2424 AD? That's cutting it close! :D

DUBBLEUP
04-04-2009, 02:46 AM
Sweet action

I got 7 different achievements using this method which included domination and cultural win on deity. Woot woot! :woop:

nateeasy
04-14-2009, 04:17 AM
I would recommend getting the nuke and then using it if the AI is getting close to victory. Just bomb their biggest city and it should tank their economy.

ponypo2001
04-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I would recommend getting the nuke and then using it if the AI is getting close to victory. Just bomb their biggest city and it should tank their economy.

Wish I'd have done this as I've just flushed 5 hours down the toilet with the OP's method.You're always going to get nobbled by another Civ winning Eco.If I'd got a nuke,I could've won.I was totally blocked off getting any foot units in so couldn't even take the city.I think I'll just try and win domination how you're meant to as waiting so long to fail is just wank.

big red marino
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
So using the BETA Centauri Scenario I have achieved both my Cultural and Economic Deity Wins. However, I still need Domination and Tech. With my current save I have the numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, and 10th top cities. My question is: Is it total population of all of your cities or having the one most populated city? Also, I am about 10 - 12 turns away from hitting the time limit. So should I reload an earlier save (I have about 4 that I can jumo back about 20 - 50 years and not lose much) and get my ass moving on taking down some of the more populated cities? Or would a government change help increase my population as I have always been a Monarch. I have roads to three Capitols for Spain, Russia, and Greece. The arabs are off the other way. I have tons of armorment to head out for war and my cities are pretty much impregnatable. With the GOLD I have, (40K+) I was able to persuade the three other powers to attack the Russians...who have been relentless on my ass to say the least. I have been knocking off or converting smaller cities no problem, but have not attacked a capitol yet. Some advice would be great and I am especially curious about Government change.

PropertyofWyatt
07-19-2013, 07:08 AM
I feel so lost and confused. I need the following achievements still: Dom on K, Dom on D, Tech on K, Tech on D, and 1000 AD win. I played on D for a Dom victory, and had the top city as my capital yet I came in third? How does that work? Can someone please tell me, I thought sure with the top city I had the Dom in the bag since I had a bunch of cities around me and my top city was my capital. This is driving me nuts. I've been going after these achievements for ever! Please help!

CreepyUncleMike
03-18-2014, 09:24 PM
This is the last achievement I have for this game. I'm not sure the Beta Centauri method is working for me. Lately, I've been watching some youtube videos of someone who seems to make Deity look easy. Like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSDlvx_y7bQ&list=PL24D0D0056B013467