PDA

View Full Version : Tower Of Souls Made Easy.

matty cheetham
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I Take no credit for this guys just thought it might help.

Prerequisites:
-Complete 30 Honors. This is not hard to do at all, and makes all equipment available for purchase. Highly recommended.
-A rudimentary understanding of Astaroth. Go learn his throws and some quick low pokes, then report back here.

Tower of Souls:
To get through the entire tower with little to no effort, both ascent and descent, do the following. Create 3 custom Astaroths, or 3 characters with Astaroth's moveset. Equip them as such:

Nightmare Helm Agony (from DLC pack 1)
(nothing)
Juok Chaplet
Warthog Pauldrons
Chain Mail
Noble Garment
Death's Gauntlets
Guiman Yecha
Shinobi Tabi
Warthog Boots

Weapon: Nanbanfu
Skills: HP Drain A, Venom Fang C

Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale, and go to the tower. Spam the HELL out of 1A(hold) A and 1A (hold) B. Almost all opponents will fall easily to this, and you'll gain a good amount of life back on each hit. If any Astaroth gets hit too much and you have tag partners, switch to another for a while. Rely on 1A(hold) B mostly, mixing in the other variation for ringouts or if you keep guard breaking them. Toss in a throw or 1A if they get too close, and poke low if they begin harassing you at close range. This makes the entire tower a JOKE.

How to get gold ridiculously fast:

The main idea here is to farm Algol on floor 60. To do this, use the wonder trio from above. Keep your distance, and don't even try 1A(hold) B, use 1A(hold) A exclusively at mid to long range. When he gets close to you, go for a throw. If you switch out effectively, his ridiculous life regain should be stamped out eventually by your cheese and you may even hit him enough times to score a critical finish. DO NOT rush him, no matter how low his health is, trust me. You score about 12500 gold in under 2 minutes once you get used to doing this effectively.

miraged
08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
The gold thing fails, you can use the AI stupide and let Agol jump over the edge. Takes a few seconds for 12.5k :).

Astaroth well I couldnt get it work like that but it seems to work for most people.

BullZeye
08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll definetely try that,but what do you mean by 1A and B?
Can you name the actual controller buttons you have to press?

Evo Kazz
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Its stupid bullshit control language lol, took me awhile to figure out, what you need to do is this (also note this works a treat):

When in game spam Down/Back (Hold) and X, note Astaroth will start charging up a swing, as he lets rip, hit either Y or X again for a double hit, 2 hits sounds crap, but this attack rips them apart, and cures you aswell, its not foolproof, not by a long shot, but when the AI start to click what your doing, throw them off by doing a grapple. As soon as your second hit connects, charge up again for the next, and repeat over and over......

On the stages where you fight more than one person, just as the KO message pops up, start charging again, and the next opponent will run right into your attack.

Please also note this move helps towards ranking upto level 20, but you may have issues trying to initially pull it off against real person AI., Once your in the move though you should win the game easy enough.

BullZeye
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Ah,the great move that also got me the Hero on the Battlefield Achievement ;)
I'll give this a try rightaway,I can't wait to be over with this tower.

Rolyatkcinmai
08-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I've done precisely as the guide says, and I can even easily chain the moves you recommend, however it still doesn't beat the enemy in the allotted time limit. I've been stuck on ascend floor 37 and descend floor 16 due to time limits, not health or any other problem, and this hasn't helped unfortunately.

It seems to work reasonably well, but I get further by just repeating throws over and over again, and even then I still run out of time.

Evo Kazz
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Have you added those skills to your weapon, and using the weapon the guide states? It only took a few swings for me even on later stages, Its very easy.

I started today on Tower floor 17, and in a couple of hours I was starting the descent after beating Tower, whats funny is this also work when going down, I got to Floor 31 going down before I got bored and suicided, made sure I got the Floor 20 achievement first lol

Rolyatkcinmai
08-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Have you added those skills to your weapon, and using the weapon the guide states? It only took a few swings for me even on later stages, Its very easy.

I started today on Tower floor 17, and in a couple of hours I was starting the descent after beating Tower, whats funny is this also work when going down, I got to Floor 31 going down before I got bored and suicided, made sure I got the Floor 20 achievement first lol

Yes, I did everything precisely as it states. I can get them down no problem, but they refuse to perish before the time limit.

sklib
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Good stuff, thanks a lot

matty cheetham
08-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Glad i can help you all.( Yes the controller input is the same as the numkey on your keyboard.)

mksystem74
08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
good method, worked up until floor 45-46. I hate this level, can't grab them.

danjohnson58
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I played with the above and modified it to make it easier,

for mine you dont need 30 honours, i made it on 26. It may cost you in the region of 20k if you haven't brought many items.

Make a new character based on asteroth.

Equip the following -

Skills -

HP Drain A
Venom Fang A
Start Dash B

Weapon -

Nanbanfu - gives + 50 power, +30 Boost, Guage, Special
Note: You may or may not need to beat Asteroths Story for this one, i have done all so i am unsure, if someone could let me know please, thankyou.

Equipment (in order) -

Lusca Armet
Thiefs Mask
Dark Knights Cloak
Usurper's Spaulders
Usurper's Suit
Asura Breastplate
Usurper's Gauntlets
Guimian Yecha
Shinobi Tabi
Ashigaru Greaves

This will allow you to heal with heavy hits and cause poison until they hit you.

As well as the constant throw technique you can also use the low spin, high hit move (whatever its called).

To do this hold down-back+(X) then press (Y), this will sweep the floor and follow up with a heavy hit down on them.

If this misses it will push the opponent back, so you have nothing to lose. Combine this with the above and you should be able to breeze through the levels.

This also works in Arcade mode and will land you the 450k achievement rather easily.

chaosisover
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I Take no credit for this guys just thought it might help.

Prerequisites:
-Complete 30 Honors. This is not hard to do at all, and makes all equipment available for purchase. Highly recommended.
-A rudimentary understanding of Astaroth. Go learn his throws and some quick low pokes, then report back here.

Tower of Souls:
To get through the entire tower with little to no effort, both ascent and descent, do the following. Create 3 custom Astaroths, or 3 characters with Astaroth's moveset. Equip them as such:

Nightmare Helm Agony (from DLC pack 1)
(nothing)
Juok Chaplet
Warthog Pauldrons
Chain Mail
Noble Garment
Death's Gauntlets
Guiman Yecha
Shinobi Tabi
Warthog Boots

Weapon: Nanbanfu
Skills: HP Drain A, Venom Fang C

Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale, and go to the tower. Spam the HELL out of 1A(hold) A and 1A (hold) B. Almost all opponents will fall easily to this, and you'll gain a good amount of life back on each hit. If any Astaroth gets hit too much and you have tag partners, switch to another for a while. Rely on 1A(hold) B mostly, mixing in the other variation for ringouts or if you keep guard breaking them. Toss in a throw or 1A if they get too close, and poke low if they begin harassing you at close range. This makes the entire tower a JOKE.

How to get gold ridiculously fast:

The main idea here is to farm Algol on floor 60. To do this, use the wonder trio from above. Keep your distance, and don't even try 1A(hold) B, use 1A(hold) A exclusively at mid to long range. When he gets close to you, go for a throw. If you switch out effectively, his ridiculous life regain should be stamped out eventually by your cheese and you may even hit him enough times to score a critical finish. DO NOT rush him, no matter how low his health is, trust me. You score about 12500 gold in under 2 minutes once you get used to doing this effectively.

Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale

What does the color thing mean

SuperGaz
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
just done 20 floors descend in one go, great tip. Thanx

Rolyatkcinmai
08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Now, color one red, one white, and one blue to boost morale

What does the color thing mean

It means har har har he's being funny.

chaosisover
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Oo gothcha

BullZeye
08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
This Method is very good but there a few enemys I'm having serious trouble with :
1.The two cat-bitches using the most annoying styles and most ridicilous gear while descending on Floor 5 and 15.
On 5 its still very doable but the one on 15 always costs me a ton of Health and one of my characters.The result is that I'm starting Floor 16 with one character who's almost dead and I'm taken apart within a few seconds.
Any advice how to take those down?

2.I'm getting close to the top but of course they're making the last 3 floors freakin hard.I'm on 57-59 now and hoping to get through this soon.
Now,floor 57 isn't that bad but Setsuka on Floor 58 is,she left me with one character who had almost no Health left to face the 3 opponents on 59.
Maybe some tips for this next to last part?

danjohnson58
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
which method are you trying? With my one you should be able to gain health and if you can block effectively the poison will pretty much deal with your enemy.

xRogue 5x
08-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Let me just say matty that you are the fucking man! Thanks so much for posting this. I have been struggling through the damn tower for days now making next to no progress.

Then I saw this built the character got use to the moves and it works like a freaking charm!

Again Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

BullZeye
08-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, I tried another Method I found(didn't come up with it myself) that worked really well on floors 50-52 and 53-56(I was shocked at first that they only give you 1 character for 4 stages but I got through them first try - Still surprised about that) and that got me well through descent until that cat on floor 15 stopped me:
A custom made Cervantes character,wearing soul egde equipped with HP Drain A, Impact Edge,Strenghten Vertical and Auto Unblockable Attack A,spamming the <- Y+B Attack(Where he lunges Into the Air and Swoops down near the opponent).I can't post the exact gear right now but I can add that later).

hyourinnmaru
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
i made it, real simple with my lina inverse with hp drain a

MrBibby
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I tried this once and it did not work so I changed the soul to Cervantes and just spam grabs.

Lilballer59
08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
wow this actually helped a lot. Im on 53-55 now ! :woop:Thanks to you. hopefully it doesnt get any more difficult than what it is

FlamedLiquid
08-03-2008, 11:33 PM
They need an accessory to freeze the clock. lol. Than I'd have no probs using this method. The time always gets me.

:(

matty cheetham
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Is there any way to keep this in the top page as its no help down here.

Perxxxxx
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Working perfectly for me so far man , nice find :Bounce:

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I've done precisely as the guide says, and I can even easily chain the moves you recommend, however it still doesn't beat the enemy in the allotted time limit. I've been stuck on ascend floor 37 and descend floor 16 due to time limits, not health or any other problem, and this hasn't helped unfortunately.

It seems to work reasonably well, but I get further by just repeating throws over and over again, and even then I still run out of time.
i used the guy wit the broad swoard ( forgot wat his name was) Then i equiped him wit his strongest weapon as well as puttin health drain a and the thing that drains their gauge a. Then i spammed his forward y y move until i put them in soul crush and then used critical hit. Its hardest on sigfried or watever his name is cuz he has high soul gauge defense.

DuroNL
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
great il try it out tonight :)

KFZ Scrubs
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
ohhh yea.... any tips wit the invisible floors?

matty cheetham
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Yes just spam the combo the computer just run into it half the time.

The Afterburner
08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
worked like a charm thanx had 2 do critical finishes for 45 and 46 cos it doesn't take off much HP Descended to floor 30 with it 2 but got ringed out!

LanEvo
08-06-2008, 04:19 AM
I played with the above and modified it to make it easier,

for mine you dont need 30 honours, i made it on 26. It may cost you in the region of 20k if you haven't brought many items.

Make a new character based on asteroth.

Equip the following -

Skills -

HP Drain A
Venom Fang A
Start Dash B

Weapon -

Nanbanfu - gives + 50 power, +30 Boost, Guage, Special
Note: You may or may not need to beat Asteroths Story for this one, i have done all so i am unsure, if someone could let me know please, thankyou.

Equipment (in order) -

Lusca Armet
Thiefs Mask
Dark Knights Cloak
Usurper's Spaulders
Usurper's Suit
Asura Breastplate
Usurper's Gauntlets
Guimian Yecha
Shinobi Tabi
Ashigaru Greaves

This will allow you to heal with heavy hits and cause poison until they hit you.

As well as the constant throw technique you can also use the low spin, high hit move (whatever its called).

To do this hold down-back+(X) then press (Y), this will sweep the floor and follow up with a heavy hit down on them.

If this misses it will push the opponent back, so you have nothing to lose. Combine this with the above and you should be able to breeze through the levels.

This also works in Arcade mode and will land you the 450k achievement rather easily.

Thanks a lot mate, i used your setup, since i dont have any DLC. Worked fine on first attempt of descend. Goin upwards now :) thanks

matty cheetham
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
as long as you get enough points to get the 2 skills it dosent matter about losing a bit of health.

Goobines99
08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
How do you get Algol to ring himself out on the 60th floor, do you just stand at the edge of the ring and guard?

KFZ Scrubs
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
watch the vid, if u don't understand it then try to have him knock u down and jus lie near the edge. Its good if he's lookin towards the edge, eventually he'll use a move where he'll hit u wit a low sword slash and jump over u. He'll then ring himself out and u have a easy win

Goobines99
08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Haha worked like a charm just tried it and he did the move straight away, what a berk. Thx for the tip.

KFZ Scrubs
08-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Np, the only difficult part is his two hits he does wit that move. Sumtimes the soul crush is on the first hit rather than the second and the other attack follows right after so u lose ur soul crush

Yann
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Can anyone post a youtube of the Astaroth move in question?

Kahler Hahn
08-06-2008, 05:52 PM
I am stuck at 45f coz i always run out of time... that bastards block too much and/or it does not do enough damage

oops.. done now... i did not see the "modification" that danjhnson58 posted... that really kicked ass
thx a lot

CrustyDirtDemon
08-06-2008, 09:17 PM
thnx for the tips, they worked like a charm on arcade, however does still take some amount of skill... My ending arcade score was 550K so I had room to spare using the method...

matty cheetham
08-07-2008, 08:44 AM
By the way if anyone is having trouble with algol use YODA and set his skill to nullify ring out.
Stand on the edge and wait for ALGOL to knock you down dont get up and hell just decide to jump of the edge.

baddawg12
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the Astaroth strategy! It works perfectly!

mxzshadowwolf
08-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Woked for me too!

Edable Giraffe
08-11-2008, 11:48 AM
any suggestions for a replacement for the helm? i dont want to buy the DLC for this game.

KFZ Scrubs
08-11-2008, 12:02 PM
The one helmet that looks like an octous mouth.... i forgot what its called.... it has a werid puckered up mouth

Falcongale
08-11-2008, 02:28 PM
The one helmet that looks like an octous mouth.... i forgot what its called.... it has a werid puckered up mouth

Lusca Armet :)

KFZ Scrubs
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Hahaha thnx... y don't you wanna buy the dlc for this game... its awsome!

Falcongale
08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Hahaha thnx... y don't you wanna buy the dlc for this game... its awsome!

Dont see the point in buying extra armour when the game gives you enough as it is. :P

matty cheetham
08-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Dont see the point in buying extra armour when the game gives you enough as it is. :P

Because they want to rip you off.............................

mxzshadowwolf
08-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I wish Xbox gave us free DLC. I mean seriously, as if they're not making enough money on us yet..

Kioku
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
It worked great.

Qbisst
08-11-2008, 11:32 PM
wow, this has been very helpful, as soonest I made this set up for astaroth I ripped through the floors on descend. thanks so much for sharing this tip.

matty cheetham
08-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I wish Xbox gave us free DLC. I mean seriously, as if they're not making enough money on us yet..

Usually Devs want the Content to be free such as the map pack on gears and MS step in and tell them it cant be free. But in this case Namco have gone too far theres DLC worth about 2000 points for music. its absolutely ridiculous.

mark212
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Ok 33-35, what is a good idea, Ive tried the astromach or what ever, and he dont work. I get ripped up and spit out on 35. 33 I have not been able to get through with my first character, 34 - I just chuck them off the boat, 35 - I haven't even been to the 4th opponent. Im only asking this after about 10 play throughs of failure, but made some money in the process

LSmith92
08-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Works on descend until floor 15, I can beat that stupid cat :(

matty cheetham
08-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Ok 33-35, what is a good idea, Ive tried the astromach or what ever, and he dont work. I get ripped up and spit out on 35. 33 I have not been able to get through with my first character, 34 - I just chuck them off the boat, 35 - I haven't even been to the 4th opponent. Im only asking this after about 10 play throughs of failure, but made some money in the process

It works on both descend and ascend i descended the tower untill 29 then got bored thatshow easy it is.

DetonatorMole
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Awesome 60 floor thread! I'm stuck on 53-56: Worshipped Sacrifice. Enemy - 3 Voldo, 3 Yoshimitsu, 4 Asteroth and 4 Lizardman w/ only one character to fight with! Geez!

I've been using the above Asteroth build with the Titan Ax (x+y), Bull Rush (down/back, kick) and the Ax Lower Cannon (4, B+K) to stun/knock down the enemy in the beginning followed by the Maelstrom Divide throw (A+G), making it to floor 56 with full health. I also use a few low/mid horizontal short ax swings if the enemy is very close before using a throw attack.

The problem I'm having is with the Lizardman. He is so low to the ground...difficult to stun and follow up with a throw or ax attack. I'm not sure if down/back x,y (Discus Breaker) will work because I died pretty quick trying to throw the lizard. I'm also working on the best move to stun the lizard from close to mid range before trying the ax attack or a throw. I've worked with the Lizardman in training mode and set him to Very Hard. He is a beast - very difficult to hit and throw! Any suggestions? :confused:

All of the lizards on floor 56 have Nullify Ring Out and are very good at getting on all fours to ring me out. I'm considering removing Venom Fang and replacing it with Nullify Ring Out. What do you? Thanks.

BTW...the Cervantes flying attack tip almost works for me as an alternative for clearing the 60 floors (Shadow Flare 4, B+K or Shadow Flare [Hold] 4, B+K). Maybe a little more practice? Any other character/attack suggestions to get through the final levels would be most appreciated. Thanks again! :)

How many on this forum have cleared all 60 floors...and who is still pulling their hair out. :rant:

baddawg12
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
How many on this forum have cleared all 60 floors...and who is still pulling their hair out. LOL! I cleared it but I might start pulling my hair out again cause I'm trying to make a guide for TOLS.

RIOT HAVOC
08-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Nice i will try this out later today

Edable Giraffe
08-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Hahaha thnx... y don't you wanna buy the dlc for this game... its awsome! i do not approve of DLC that comes out before the actual game

although i do agree, the game is awsome =]