PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Question

AK Punk
08-04-2008, 07:12 AM
For the achievement Thanks to all the little people do you need to beat the last level on co-op or is it every level in the campaign?

Decaying Rat
08-04-2008, 08:17 AM
every last level of each chapter.

bplayak
08-04-2008, 08:56 AM
A wonderful question.....for the above stickied achievement discussion thread...

:lockedFTW

Asturgis
08-04-2008, 09:54 AM
every last level of each chapter.

Please don't be positive like this about stuff you're not sure about. The guy who asks is going to believe you and in the end be screwed. Try to say "I guess" unless you have proof please ;)

So as a matter of fact, you can just finish the last one only and it will unlock. I played until the 15th level with my best friend (so we only concluded chapters 1 and 2), did the 41th and got 3 achieves in one go.

So maybe you have to already have the 10 missions coop achievement and you can go to the last one, or maybe you can play the last one from the start. Anyway, I don't know why you ask since it took me more time to write this than for you to play Sentinel on Join Campaign and see for yourself :)

Icegod
08-04-2008, 10:42 AM
You just need to finish the last level in coop to get the achievement.

I'm 100% sure about this. The first coop level I played was the last one (I couldn't beat Akasha on my own on Insane ;)).
Once I finished the level I unlocked 3 Achievements: "Thanks to all the little people", "I need some backup" and "Fear the Reaper".

GrUnTxSKaTeR
08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow, too bad I didn't know that before I played the entire campaign through in co-op, took like 4 hours..

AK Punk
08-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, sorry about not posting in achievement thread my mistake. Won't happen again. :(

mossberg
08-05-2008, 07:01 AM

I'm 100% sure about this. The first coop level I played was the last one (I couldn't beat Akasha on my own on Insane ;)).
Once I finished the level I unlocked 3 Achievements: "Thanks to all the little people", "I need some backup" and "Fear the Reaper".

I hope you got ( im not on a holy war ) achievmennt too, let me know if you did, im only gonna run thru it 1 time and hope it unlocks all campaign achievments. From what i understand is- Im going to play on normal to the last level of every chapter and then quit and continue on insane to unlock- beat chapter and beat chapter on insane. Or can i just join a game on insane thats on the last level of the chapter and still get both achievements by only play that last level of every chapter, i think insane is very hard

Icegod
08-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I hope you got ( im not on a holy war ) achievmennt too, let me know if you did, im only gonna run thru it 1 time and hope it unlocks all campaign achievments. From what i understand is- Im going to play on normal to the last level of every chapter and then quit and continue on insane to unlock- beat chapter and beat chapter on insane. Or can i just join a game on insane thats on the last level of the chapter and still get both achievements by only play that last level of every chapter, i think insane is very hard

I already finished the campaign on Normal before doing it on Insane. So I had all the achievments for going through the campaign on normal.

I didn't find it that difficult on Insane to be honest. Just play your cards right and you'll get it. The only one I couldn't get was the final mission (seeing you can't use any cards ;))

BBE
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
im wondering the same exact thing. can anyone give a definitive answer on this?

Art
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
im wondering the same exact thing. can anyone give a definitive answer on this?

Yes, you only have to play the last level of each chapter on insane to get both sets of achievements...i.e. they are stackable. And yes, you can join a game already in progress over LIVE and you will get them the same way.

BBE
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
awesome. thanks for the quick clarification art :)

BBE
08-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Actually, two more questions. Do you have to have every level leading up to the final mission in the act beat in order to actually PLAY the final mission online with somebody? I mean for instance, if you didn't, you could literally just start the game up without ever having played it at all, jump right in with somebody who is doing the last mission of the last act, and get the achievement for beating the game.

Also, if you complete the last mission of the act online with somebody, does it still progress your single player offline campaign? For instance, say I played all the missions in an act offline single player, but then played the final mission of it online with somebody else, would it still progress my single player campaign progress?

Thanks for any clearing up on these questions anyone can do.

AK Punk
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Should be the same as in System Link, you join to the part where the host is at. My sister joined a game with my near the end of act 4 and she hadn't even played the game yet and there was no problem. Don't foresee it being different over LIVE.

BBE
08-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Wow, that just blows my mind that assuming you play on insane, and ONLY play the last mission of each act, you could literally get EVERY SINGLE campaign achievement by only playing like a total of 5 or so matches....

Art
08-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Should be the same as in System Link, you join to the part where the host is at. My sister joined a game with my near the end of act 4 and she hadn't even played the game yet and there was no problem. Don't foresee it being different over LIVE.

Yep, it's no different over LIVE.

Asturgis
08-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Wow, that just blows my mind that assuming you play on insane, and ONLY play the last mission of each act, you could literally get EVERY SINGLE campaign achievement by only playing like a total of 5 or so matches....

That's exactly right, problem is you don't know when you're joining an Insane or Regular mission, so it might take some time and be quicker to prepare a match with some friends.

As for the cards, I tried to stock them all, because I like my choices, and when I finally needed them, they were gone (the next day), so great fucking game EPIC...

Center 5O
08-08-2008, 10:08 PM
What if you have finished the entire chapter on normal..... Can you go back to the last level by 'picking a level' in that same chapter you already completed? Would this be the same as quiting before the level starts and restarting it on Insane?

I didnt see this until I already finished chapter 2..... I would hate to go through the whole chapter again.... its so boring compared to MP....

THX Guys!

Asturgis
08-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I think you can't. You can just select a Chapter, not a level. So yeah, if like me you missed Level 15 on Insane, you have to re-do 2-14 before :)

Ypuh
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM

I can confirm that :).