PDA

View Full Version : Star war fighters..

Malefic
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
C'mon you gotta love'em, well I suppose it's one of those love'em or hate'em type deals. I think that Yoda and Apprentice bring more into the game, I don't really use anyone else but those two, granted I just got the game yesterday lol.

Lewi
08-04-2008, 09:54 AM
well...when i played through arcade with the apprentice i could not for the life of me kill yoda
the little bastard got me every time eg keeping me down and me constantly missing his attacks
gr

Evo Kazz
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Yoda VS Yoda matches online are awesome lol, its the only matchup thats probably fair, as you fly past each other and do flips over each other, awesome stuff.

The apprentice I dont like, dont get me wrong he is awesome, but he just seems overpowered, his moves and combos are awesome, but compared to other fighters he seems in a league of his own, they should have balanced him more.

Lewi
08-04-2008, 10:34 AM
i agree the apprentice is strong but i think , just like with all the other sc4 characters, the he needs to be mastered to become really damaging

starting off with him is hard coz u know hes got all these really powerful moves but theyre hard to master

i just think hes strong but other characters (in the right hands) can be just as damaging

bsorensen2
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
once you learn his force moves, the Apprentice is deadly. Yoda is a pain to hit, which makes it funny to watch Yoda vs anyone thats tall, like Rock.

both are fun to play, it should be neat to see wht Vadar will bring

DuroNL
08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Well thats what i first thougd, those are the best and i will only play with them.

untill i rememberd Ivy, started playing with here and custimized her.
now i got the ultimate Fighter standing next to The aprentice ;)

Its true the aprentice is overpowered, but HEY he just is oke.
look at all the gameplay footage of SW:FU damn that is one bad ass mf you know.

same goes for Darth Vader, it would not be cool if he was not overpowered in such a game out of respect towards the SW universe that is.

And of course Yoda the strongest Jedi/force user of all!
I think if you look at the characters they are balanced enoug, what would hapen if you made the aprentice as strong (or should i say weak) as lets say Lizardman?

That would be the same as making him as strong as Chewbacca, you just cannot compare them. but in the end both can WIN RIGHT >>??<<

matty cheetham
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Really Jedis are NO WAY overpowered just face a kilik spammer online and youll see what i mean.

DuroNL
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Really Jedis are NO WAY overpowered just face a kilik spammer online and youll see what i mean.

ahhaha that is so verry true, encountered 2 of them with my Aprentice i could deal 2 blows before i got swepped away.

but even with my Custimized ivy i really dont make a change against these spammers.

best way i gues is either take a kilik to when you see they select it or maybe use Hilde ?

sklib
08-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm a star wars fanboy so of course I'm a little excited, but I still kind of chuckle at the attempts to fit them into the storyline.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I played them for the achievs, other than that they really don't belong in the SC universe.