PDA

View Full Version : Venue Requirement Question

Tekken
08-05-2008, 07:07 AM
So if it takes X number of fans to unlock a venue, what happens if your fan count falls below X? Does the venue lock back up?

I'm getting ready to take on the endless setlist on expert (dual wield), but I know sometimes it takes me a try or two to claw through some songs. In the process I'm definitely going to lose alot of fans (I already hit 1 million so I'm not too worried about that) but I don't want to endless setlist to lock up in case I fail out entirely.

Would this be a concern?

Dla911
08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
If i'm right they are still unlocked even if you drop below the amount you need to unlock them.

Dex
08-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Venues that are unlocked, stay unlocked.

Hammer 5O2
08-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Venues that are unlocked, stay unlocked.
yes but if you get below the necessary fans to play an event you cannot play that event but the venue will stay unlocked.

RINGO
08-05-2008, 07:56 AM
also.....if you are playing the endless setlist and run out of fans.... I believe it's game over.....at least thats what a friend told me.... but I could only see that happening if you repeatedly failed over and over near the end.

edd__
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure that the max you need for a venue is 580k, so if you're over 1m, i can't imagine you losing that much?

Tekken
08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
So, regardless of whether or not the endless setlist requires a number of fans to play, if I run out of fans in during my attempts, it will not let me retry?

OldWIKI TIK
08-05-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that the max you need for a venue is 580k, so if you're over 1m, i can't imagine you losing that much?

You could, I lose about 325k fans every time I mess up. Could be because I have over 25 million fans now.

Tekken
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I think I've figured out the solution to my predicament. The game doesn't save until the end of the setlist right?

If so, if I run out of fans before I finish the setlist I could simply turn off my xbox before it saves and start over. Otherwise, I finish the endless setlist and mission accomplished.

RuFiO
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I think I've figured out the solution to my predicament. The game doesn't save until the end of the setlist right?

If so, if I run out of fans before I finish the setlist I could simply turn off my xbox before it saves and start over. Otherwise, I finish the endless setlist and mission accomplished.

LoL once you get to 50 of 58 and you decide you need to turn your console off your not going to want to just "finish it".

Tekken
08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, if I run out of fans, I have no choice in the matter of stopping. The game will bar me from continuing at that point (that is my understanding). Thusly, at that point, powering off the console to save my fans would be strictly better than letting the game save and having to grind back all those fans again in order to attempt the setlist again.

edd__
08-06-2008, 11:49 PM
If you fail one song you lost fans, no matter what the setlist is. Normally it isn't too bad, maybe 7000? But i dunno what it'd be like in the ES.

Poisonheadcrab
08-07-2008, 03:18 AM
You could, I lose about 325k fans every time I mess up. Could be because I have over 25 million fans now.
I hope so; don't want to lose half my fans because I failed on a rediculously long setlist.

DiGGeR
08-07-2008, 03:15 PM
So I thought about this a bit, as I had same question before I started the Endless Setlist. First off you do lose around 300k fans when failing a song (at least that's how many we lost when we failed GGHT). The only reason fans are needed are to unlock cities, the venues within the cities are unlocked by stars you accumulate within the cities. Once you get enough fans to unlock a city it will not lock again even if you lose the required fans you needed to unlock. So in theory if you have gained enough fans prior to starting the Endless Setlist to unlock all cities you can lose all your fans and continue as they have no value anymore. An easy way to test this is to start a new band and get enough fans (220000) to unlock the first city, then proceed to lose all yours fans. Note: This is all theory and has not been proven to be fact.

worldsk8r
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
So in theory if you have gained enough fans prior to starting the Endless Setlist to unlock all cities you can lose all your fans and continue as they have no value anymore. An easy way to test this is to start a new band and get enough fans (220000) to unlock the first city, then proceed to lose all yours fans. Note: This is all theory and has not been proven to be fact.

I thought that if u lost all of your fans it was game over and u had to start the whole band wold tour over??

edd__
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
@worldsk8r - that can totally not be true. That'd be appalling if it were.
also, you sig is blatantly false and completely ridiculous. There's more than just two genres, and listening to a bit of hip hop doesn't surround your mind with rap.

worldsk8r
08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I dont know thats just wat I have been hearing about the Band World Tour. Also, I didnt make my sig up but I somewhat believe it.

edd__
08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I think i've had more than my fair share of arguments on these forums so i better not start another about this ;D Ah well!

Tekken
08-08-2008, 08:02 PM
So I thought about this a bit, as I had same question before I started the Endless Setlist. First off you do lose around 300k fans when failing a song (at least that's how many we lost when we failed GGHT). The only reason fans are needed are to unlock cities, the venues within the cities are unlocked by stars you accumulate within the cities. Once you get enough fans to unlock a city it will not lock again even if you lose the required fans you needed to unlock. So in theory if you have gained enough fans prior to starting the Endless Setlist to unlock all cities you can lose all your fans and continue as they have no value anymore. An easy way to test this is to start a new band and get enough fans (220000) to unlock the first city, then proceed to lose all yours fans. Note: This is all theory and has not been proven to be fact.

I believe this is the most probable explanation. However just in case I finished off all my other gigs before going for the endless setlist. When I finish it I'll post what happens if I manage to lose that many fans.

Update: Woohoo! I finished it on my first try. I didn't even fail a song, so all that worrying for nothing. With that I'm done with Rock Band achievements, 1000/1000.