PDA

View Full Version : Drum Pads...

Aaronc281
08-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Right. I got this game last wednesday so that means that I have had it for just under a week. It was going really well until the blue pad on my drum kit started to get a bit faulty. I thought that it was nothing but today I finally snapped. It won't register any contact unless I absolutley smash it as hard as I can. This is really annoying and I am worried that if i start hitting this pad hard I will do the same to the others and break them.

I was thinking about returning them to were I bought them. I thought that that would be ok. Then I realized i bought them from www.amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk). Oh Snap!!! It costs me a lot to send them back and they say it could take up to 6 weeks to replace/fix!!!! I'm definately not waiting that long!!!

Then I remembered that EA covers them for the first 60 days. So I might send it back to them but before I do I have one quick question...

Is there any way of making the pads more sensitive or to try and fix them? I'd appreciate any help that you can give me.

APX
08-05-2008, 09:41 PM
If you broke it, meaning it doesn't register the hit at all, then return it, if you can still hit it and it registers a few notes, then you can mod it.
The videos tell you which model you have, so good luck. :D

EL Model
YouTube - How To Repair/Fix/Mod Rock Band Drums (Coin Mod)

QM Model
YouTube - Sock Mod Tutorial

Poisonheadcrab
08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I would listen to the guy above you; not only would you have to wait awhile to get a replacement, but if I recall, EA is no longer accepting replacements...I could be wrong, but that's what I heard...

animeaddict42
08-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm a frequent flyer on the RB forums, and the state of warranty is this... You can send in all broken parts, at any time after you bought them, until October 1, in which the 60 day warranty will take effect. This was a response to the big community outrage at the 60 day idea. So yes, you should just send it in and hope to god you get the good set... which I can't remember the code name to it.

Dla911
08-06-2008, 01:47 AM
i have posted it on this site abit ago so here ya go

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78880

RINGO
08-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Basically.... I would send it in and see if there are actual problems with it...

Like people have explained.... the warranty was extended until October 1 so you have plenty of time to log onto EA's website and file a warranty claim for free.

However... I still feel that sometimes the drums don't have any real manufacturing problem and they will still break your combo every once in a while.

So if you get the drums back and still have problems with it then modding them like the vids above may be a good idea.

I personally wanted to send in my drums... however... I do not believe they would honor my problems because the most likely reason mine aren't working is from obsessive overuse :).... and general long-term wear and tare isn't covered.

edd__
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM
As you live in Ireland, you cannot send it to EA.

I had the same problem, only with the blue and red pads, and eventually the blue just gave up altogether. But i bought it off play.com and they were fantastic. Didn't have to pay for a thing because some guy from Parcelforce came and collected and redelivered it.

I'd recommend the Rock Band rubber pads that you can get, dunno the name of them, they were a present for me. But they protect the pads and make them quieter and just incur less worry about them.

Lucent Beam
08-06-2008, 02:46 PM
I personally wanted to send in my drums... however... I do not believe they would honor my problems because the most likely reason mine aren't working is from obsessive overuse :).... and general long-term wear and tare isn't covered.

You broke Noah's drums and we complain every time we play. Just letting you know. DRUM BREAKER.

RINGO
08-07-2008, 05:26 AM
You broke Noah's drums and we complain every time we play. Just letting you know. DRUM BREAKER.

HEY.... its not my fault me AND Noah play the drums too hard....lol...

I am working on a lighter touch for my Rock Band 2 drum set.

branDONEson
08-07-2008, 07:09 AM
If you broke it, meaning it doesn't register the hit at all, then return it, if you can still hit it and it registers a few notes, then you can mod it.
The videos tell you which model you have, so good luck. :D

EL Model
YouTube - How To Repair/Fix/Mod Rock Band Drums (Coin Mod) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtHN1YE_mYc)

nice, just did the coin mod, worked great. :Bounce:

Aaronc281
08-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Cheers. Thanks for all the input. So what you're all really sayin is send it back to amazon as I cannot send it back to EA. Then when I get it back and It still isn't working use the sock mod?

I think that I'll try that out but I don't like the fact that I'm gonna have to wait a long time... Aw well!!