PDA

View Full Version : Is An-I-MAL really that hard?

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 01:56 AM
I just bought rock band off ebay for $100 and I am an achievement whore and was wondering if beating expert career with drums is as hard as everyone says it is. I beat expert GH2 and GH3 careers easily and 5 starred every song and beat tdwdtg and ttfaf so is this still going to be a problem for me to get?

TooMuchCowbell
08-06-2008, 02:00 AM
There is no way you can compare your GH skills with Rock Band drums. They are totally different. And yes, it is very difficult. I barely beat the drums on hard.

laundryman
08-06-2008, 02:02 AM
I can barely beat it on Medium :(

Yes, it's the hardest in the game other than maybe the endless setlist.

And how can you compare your GUITAR HERO skills to drums on Rock Band?

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah I know they are totally different, I tried the drums at best buy and sucked, but that's how I was with GH when I first started and I was able to get this good with guitar so I figured with enough practice is it even possible for me?

Th3 Apache Dog
08-06-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm pretty good at the guitar...however I'm trash at drums. I've been stuck on Dont Fear the Reaper on expert since December or so:mad:I've pretty much given up until GH:WT and RB2

Netnabi4
08-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Anything is possible for anyone. I was on my way to getting the achieve when my green pad broke. With practice will come passing for sure. 5*ring takes time and skill building and GSring is even more so.

Pro Kiing
08-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Drums didn't seem to hard to me. Though I don't own the game I have played it at a friends house and he asked me to try a song for him on his career, it was Run to The Hills on Expert. I failed the first time but I beat the song my second try and got four stars. I didn't think that the drums were to hard, I could probably FC most the songs if I owned the game.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, I am willing to practice a lot with the drums since the songs are new to me and I enjoy playing drums. Hopefully I will be able to at least pass the career on expert with enough practice, that's all I'm hoping for.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Drums didn't seem to hard to me. Though I don't own the game I have played it at a friends house and he asked me to try a song for him on his career, it was Run to The Hills on Expert. I failed the first time but I beat the song my second try and got four stars. I didn't think that the drums were to hard, I could probably FC most the songs if I owned the game.

Damn man that's crazy haha

RINGO
08-06-2008, 02:19 AM
YES...

It is as hard as people say it is.... however... it isn't impossible by any means... especially if you are a drummer in real life. (In fact... one of my drummer friends said he didn't have much trouble at all.)

I would say that if you are at least a bit musically/rhythmically inclined then with tons of practice you should be able to beat it. So in this case I wouldn't totally say that you can't compare guitar skills to drums.... sometimes it the people who are great with music and timing that make the best of both.

I never was a drummer.... but I played piano for 6 years (level 8 out of 10) and i had a few troubles in the beginning. Once I got the hang of it though I started getting better like I did with the guitar.... There was a few hang ups along the way though expert career (like Dead on Arrival) but
I was eventually able to work my way through everything until Run to the Hills....

After about 50 times though the song...lol.... I was able to beat that and finally get the AN-I-MAL Achievement.

So yea.... you potentially could get it....but keep in mind I got the game at launch and didn't get this until about two months ago.

animeaddict42
08-06-2008, 02:19 AM
If you are musically-minded towards these games (counting out beats to help you and stuff like that), drums may come easier than guitar. It took me a month to get to expert guitar in GH 1, and it took me 2 weeks to get to expert drums.

CriscoDisco878
08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
if you started with medium and went up to hard and to expert, then you will get used to it. thats what i did.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Hey thanks for the replys guys, I had my worries that it was this impossible achievement that was impossible unless you were born with the drumming gift. It's good to know otherwise.

RINGO
08-06-2008, 02:32 AM
No prob!

Enjoy the game.... and get ready for ROCKBAND 2 in just over a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xKNIGHT617x
08-06-2008, 02:41 AM
You call your self a completionist
anyone can be a campletionist when they get every gears achievement in two days..enjoy your banage time.

ThtPepsiNagger
08-06-2008, 03:34 AM
just take my advice... if you play hardcore like me and other people... keep band-aids handy... i cant tell you how many blisters ive gotten playing on expert. Guitar is nothing like Drums... Guitar and i know saying this will get me some heat but takes very little little skill to move your finger over 5 buttons in different variations... drums on the other hand... doing rolls, keeping beat... its gonna be hard as hell... it comes natural for real drummers and even then some drummers cant play past medium... drums are definatly the hardest instrument in the game

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 03:49 AM
You call your self a completionist
anyone can be a campletionist when they get every gears achievement in two days..enjoy your banage time.

2 days? More like 8 months....and like 2,000 ranked matches...
Yeah I do have trouble keeping the beat with drums lol it is just confusing because it is harder to follow the music when it sounds the same...even trying to explain it is confusing.

xKNIGHT617x
08-06-2008, 03:57 AM
o really check out your gamercard and let everyone on this site check your gamercard
please tell me how you managed 2000 ranked matches and 10000 kills from july 4th 2008 to july 5th 2008. you will surely be banned from this site. bye

TooMuchCowbell
08-06-2008, 04:02 AM
Wow, if you actually got 10, 000 ranked matches kills in one day, you would be playing Gears professionally. Cheater, ban time.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Wow, if you actually got 10, 000 ranked matches kills in one day, you would be playing Gears professionally. Cheater, ban time.

Not for anything, but the achievement unlocks anywhere between 5,000 and 20,000 kills, so the achievement description is wrong. I definitley have 12,000 kills. I don't know why you are attacking me about something irrelevant. I thought I had my achievements set as private. I have 2 accounts, my main is KRAUS3R.

xKNIGHT617x
08-06-2008, 04:15 AM
so the cheater who will get banned just blocked his achievements because he knows hes not gonna be on this site for a while. o well i got two witnesses you can suck my balls in banville

animeaddict42
08-06-2008, 04:22 AM
so the cheater who will get banned just blocked his achievements because he knows hes not gonna be on this site for a while. o well i got two witnesses you can suck my balls in banville
One, the first part of your reply makes no sense, and two, stop being an ass, even if this guy is cheating or whatever (can't check), no reason to start spewing out crap instead of honestly contributing to the thread.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 04:22 AM
You are so pathetic. I clearly don't cheat. Just because you have no achievements doesn't mean I didn't get mine legit.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 04:23 AM
One, the first part of your reply makes no sense, and two, stop being an ass, even if this guy is cheating or whatever (can't check), no reason to start spewing out crap instead of honestly contributing to the thread.

God damn, thank you.

TooMuchCowbell
08-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Not for anything, but the achievement unlocks anywhere between 5,000 and 20,000 kills, so the achievement description is wrong. I definitley have 12,000 kills, check the leaderboards. Also, how the fuck did you see my achievements on xbox.com if they are locked to anyone other than my friends? You definitley aren't on my friends list.
Lol, I'm not on your friends list, but I could still see your achievements on xbox.com. Looks like you didn't put your settings right.

Anyways, good luck on drums.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Lol, I'm not on your friends list, but I could still see your achievements on xbox.com. Looks like you didn't put your settings right.

Anyways, good luck on drums.

Thanks = /

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Explanation - I renewed live on 8/4/08. The achievements I had up to that point had the renewal date as the unlock date (spoke with microsoft support over email they have no idea what I'm talking about). The day I unlocked seriously, I had my friend help me boost achievements over the japaenese or korean (w.e the last language is) until I finally unlocked it at 12K + change kills. If you get 6 people in a match and kill 2 then let them kill your team and repeat, you get 1K kills in 1 hour and like 45 minutes. I had about 9500 when we started boosting. I also had him help me boost annex achievements in player matches. If you check my main tag (KRAUS3R) you can see that I knew what I was doing when I got the achievements. We went though insane campaign and finished it (after about 15 hours of straight GeoW, yeah that was lazy ass day) and got sick of it and turned it off. I went through the game again on casual to get the cog tags. If I had glitched the achievements, then why would I have gotten half one day, half the next, then gotten the cog tag achievements on 3 seperate dates withen 2 weeks?

RINGO
08-06-2008, 05:23 AM
I thought Microsoft had a way to tell if you cheated though?.... correct?..... In other words... I didn't think you could cheat by gamesaving or anything like that?....

anyway... good luck.

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 05:26 AM
RINGO they do have ways of doing leaderboard / achievement comparisons and banning the cheaters. There are achievement glitches for about 75% of games that you can get away with, the "Seriously Glitch" is the only one that they ban people for since it is a major retail game. I already spoke with microsoft support about it.

Blue Radium
08-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I have finished the expert guitar career, but the drums are something else. My friend, who is the one that actually owns the game, can beat all but Run to the Hills on expert. It sure is fun watching him fail over and over again. I really can't blame him though, his arms wear out at the part that is about 45 seconds of non-stop really fast reds, without small breaks in-between the really fast reds like the rest of the song. I can't blame him though... I fail 30 seconds into the uber fast red section (which makes up about 90% of the song.)

King Krauser
08-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I have finished the expert guitar career, but the drums are something else. My friend, who is the one that actually owns the game, can beat all but Run to the Hills on expert. It sure is fun watching him fail over and over again. I really can't blame him though, his arms wear out at the part that is about 45 seconds of non-stop really fast reds, without small breaks in-between the really fast reds like the rest of the song. I can't blame him though... I fail 30 seconds into the uber fast red section (which makes up about 90% of the song.)

lol great...I have a torn rotator in my right shoulder, and I have no rhythym, I doubt I'll ever be able to do it then :P

OldWIKI TIK
08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
┏┫ ┏┓ ┏┓ ┣┓    ┃┃
┗┫   ┃   ┣┛ ┏━━┻┃
 ┃ ┗━━━┛ ┃  ┣━━ ┃
 ┗━━━┳━━━┛  ┣━━ ┃
 ┏━━▇▇▇━━━━━┻━━━┛

shiningcheese
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
If you really want to get it done, have one person on the kick pedal and you on the drums... That way you can mow right though it. I haven't done this yet because I am 80% through hard mode legitly.. Just don't have the dexterity for iron maiden or blue oyster cult.

Th3 Apache Dog
08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
If you really want to get it done, have one person on the kick pedal and you on the drums... That way you can mow right though it. I haven't done this yet because I am 80% through hard mode legitly.. Just don't have the dexterity for iron maiden or blue oyster cult. Hmmm I've tried that also...didn't go as planned:(:mad:LOL I still failed...

Tenacious
08-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Incredibly difficult. I actually had trouble FC'ing Silver for the Flawless Drumming achievement.

I wish I'd never bought the drums tbh.. as soon as I started playing them I very quickly realized they weren't my forte

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
08-07-2008, 12:44 AM
Well it all depends on if you was born with rhythm in your blood. None of my family has drummed a few own sets though nothing crazy. I got rock band downloaded metallica pack first thing and I said fuck failing im going to go try ...And Justice For All on expert. Mowed through it first try with 4 stars. Never touched a drum set in my life :p
Not really trying to brag I am saying that you can pull up the game and struggle on easy like every single person in my family scratch me does. They just don't get the rhythm.
But one of my girlfriend's girlfriend's (not lesbian type you pervy guys :p) got the game on the wii and can hold herself fairly well on most hard songs. Given nearly 3 stars in every song.
Even though I love her to death my girlfriend can't do that well ;) (SECRET!)

But good luck dude it still took me practice to beat RTTH but I could beat the rest 1-2 tries once I hit expert.

B1GgYsMA1lz
08-07-2008, 02:50 AM
yea this acheivment isnt that hard if you practice for hours or just get a sibbling and or friend to man the bass pedal

Poisonheadcrab
08-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Unlike the guitar, the drums when you get good at them will let you play a real set with decency. This means that effort on your end will be necessary. Go slowly and don't throw your stick if you keep failing; there are 3 things that you need to succeed: Hard work, Perseverance and...HARD WORK!

Although I said hard work twice, that's because hard work is twice as important.:Bounce:

Gun-Nut
08-07-2008, 03:13 AM
I would say it can't be too hard if you have someone else do the bass pedal but meh I only had to do that for Run To The Hills on Hard I passed the rest :) still plan on going back and getting it done solo.

HoodMod
08-07-2008, 03:16 AM
It depends, I play the drums IRL so after I got the hang of it this didn't take too long, but I can see how this would be insane for somebody who didn't and am in awe at those who can do great w/o previous experience.

LumberjackNate
08-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Ya my cousin hasn't gotten it yet. He has basically every other achievement(minus vocals) but just can't get it. He got the game at release and plays it daily. I personally can't even play medium. Its definitely an achievement that will require a ton of practice as your basically learning how to play the actual drums. Good luck

SlinksNine
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Guitar and Drums aren't anywhere near the same. Drums take more recognition and acceptance for tedious things, hand-eye-foot coordination, and plenty of other skills. I've only beat it on Hard, and I'm on the first to last tier on Expert.

hansen578
08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
my friend beat ttfaf on expert too and it took him maybe a couple hour of play with me to start playing on hard i know theyre diffrent but u know the timing alot better in the game than u wuld if u never played GH before

xKNIGHT617x
08-10-2008, 12:39 AM
You are so pathetic. I clearly don't cheat. Just because you have no achievements doesn't mean I didn't get mine legit.
you got every fucking gears achievement in two days you dick and then you blocked your gamercard
why don't you open it up so we can see bitch.
lol great...I have a torn rotator in my right shoulder, and I have no rhythym, I doubt I'll ever be able to do it then :P
dont worry you can gamesave them like gears i bet

D3adcell86
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
It is very very hard. The hardest parts are songs like Dead on Arrival which has no rhythm what so ever. Most songs however you can keep the rhythm and kind of play by ear. Dead on Arrival i believe is the toughest song on drums though. I can not pass it but can pass most of the harder songs.

jello
08-10-2008, 09:11 PM
As most will agree, drums are harder than guitar. I was able to move onto hard guitar back in GH1 on the first night of play and was on expert within the week. For drums, I started on hard so I could make it through the game without too much failure and managed it pretty quickly. Moved onto expert pretty quickly. You definitely get a lot better with practice though. When I first moved to expert it was a pretty poor job, but now I have quite a few gold stars and mostly everything I have is 5 starred.

Honestly, I don't find Run to the Hills THAT hard to PASS. I can't keep a multiplier going long enough to score well (my red pad doesn't pick up well, and I have to hold the sticks extremely tight and make tiny strokes to get anything to work that fast) I honestly had more trouble passing it on Hard than I did expert.

jmac61
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
at first the drums can be difficult to play; i got RB last christmas and it took me about 4 months to beat the expert tour, but it takes a lot of practice to beat expert. RttH and DFtR were the toughest to beat IMO because both songs have constant red pad sections, and if you have broken red pads like i do that can be tricky. but if you do keep practicing though you should unlock it soon =D

KFZ Scrubs
08-11-2008, 12:25 AM
If you really want to get it done, have one person on the kick pedal and you on the drums... That way you can mow right though it. I haven't done this yet because I am 80% through hard mode legitly.. Just don't have the dexterity for iron maiden or blue oyster cult.
i think that you should find someone who at least has a general understanding of hitting the bass pedal and use them to hit it only worrying about the other notes.
The only downside is that you rely on them to do it for you:(

nightmare975
08-11-2008, 12:44 AM
you got every fucking gears achievement in two days you dick and then you blocked your gamercard
why don't you open it up so we can see bitch.

dont worry you can gamesave them like gears i bet

Will you shut the fuck up? You have given nothing to this topic except lol u cheet fagor! Seriously.

yea this acheivment isnt that hard if you practice for hours or just get a sibbling and or friend to man the bass pedal

My brother and I had to do that on Maps Expert, there was soooo much bass pedal!

xKNIGHT617x
08-11-2008, 03:04 AM
My brother and I had to do that on Maps Expert, there was soooo much bass pedal!
thats what i just did on dead on arrival song blows. I knew I could ebat three songs in the 8th now i just got reaper and foreplay.

animeaddict42
08-11-2008, 03:42 AM
thats what i just did on dead on arrival song blows. I knew I could ebat three songs in the 8th now i just got reaper and foreplay.
I don't know why everyone thinks Dead on Arrival is so bad, is it just because it's hard? It HAS rhythm, a good rhythm at that, it's just not easy to keep up with with the lack of a steady bass. And Knight, stop ripping on this guy for supposedly gamesaving, everything he has said is pointing to the fact that he is trying to get it legit, he's the one who started the damn thread! Jesus, the idiocy of some people.

RINGO
08-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't know why everyone thinks Dead on Arrival is so bad, is it just because it's hard? It HAS rhythm, a good rhythm at that, it's just not easy to keep up with with the lack of a steady bass. And Knight, stop ripping on this guy for supposedly gamesaving, everything he has said is pointing to the fact that he is trying to get it legit, he's the one who started the damn thread! Jesus, the idiocy of some people.

agreed and agreed...

Dead on Arrival is only hard the first few times.... once you get the hang of it in practice mode.... it's way easier to beat than one might think....

I know I have to be warmed up to beat it usually...but it didn't take me nearly as long as Run to the hills, for example...

although.... I have gotten better at that song now too.

xKNIGHT617x
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I thought it was really hard for some reason. I couldnt get the pedal going good and thats what usually screwed me.

D3adcell86
08-12-2008, 04:07 AM
agreed and agreed...

Dead on Arrival is only hard the first few times.... once you get the hang of it in practice mode.... it's way easier to beat than one might think....

I know I have to be warmed up to beat it usually...but it didn't take me nearly as long as Run to the hills, for example...

although.... I have gotten better at that song now too.

So easy you failed on it like 5 times in a row before we played the endless setlist, although you had a 4x multiplier through most of RttH.

The song does not have rhythm it does not match guitar or bass at all, so the 'rhythm' that it does have is random.

rockhopper
08-12-2008, 11:44 AM
hey King Krauser if you really want to see what to expect from expert drums search some videos on youtube. There's this one guy: azuritereaction that does all the songs on expert 100% FC and he actually films himself doing the drums and kick pedal during the song as well as the note chart. They get pretty insane. Something I will never accomplish. I'm only on medium tour myself.

KFZ Scrubs
08-18-2008, 12:48 PM
hey King Krauser if you really want to see what to expect from expert drums search some videos on youtube. There's this one guy: azuritereaction that does all the songs on expert 100% FC and he actually films himself doing the drums and kick pedal during the song as well as the note chart. They get pretty insane. Something I will never accomplish. I'm only on medium tour myself.
OMg,ive seen his videos b4 and he's amazing!
JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I JUST GOT ANIMAL!!!
IM SO HAPPY!!!

DevilGuy
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, it's impossible. I've only ever seen like, one person with AN-I-MAL! I can barely beat it on hard. My brother is a pretty good drum player and can barely been RttH on Hard. :)

I suck at drums, can barely play on Medium.

iTz a Ninja
08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Drums are easy as hell for me (because I'm a drummer?), what I really have problems with is expert vocals.....stuck on Reptilia.

King Krauser
08-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I started on hard, and I couldn't believe it was as easy as it was. I can clear expert songs that I know the beat too, like dani california, ok go, etc, but the later tiers with changing bass pedal are inpossible. My drums broke 3 days after using them, hope EA sends me some SL pads so I can sock mod instead of coin mod = /

KFZ Scrubs
08-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I beat it with someone on the bass pedal... becuase there is no way i could do it alone.

Son of Kyuss
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I went straight into Expert Drums after playing the first tier on Hard. It honestly isn't that hard (I'm mainly a guitar person myself) but the bass heavy songs will kill you. For instance my pedal broke on Don't Fear the Reaper during the crazy ass solo section. I'd find it best to invest in either an Omega Pedal or Destroyer Pedal if you want to actually enjoy drumming without the worry of your pedal breaking.

xKNIGHT617x
08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
yea im stuck on dont fear the reaper my pedal shat the bed too. it is held now by duct tape. any tips for this song.

KFZ Scrubs
08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Find someone to hit the bass pedal for you... easiest way to do it if you want to.

JMills109
08-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Drums are easy as hell for me (because I'm a drummer?), what I really have problems with is expert vocals.....stuck on Reptilia.

Agreed, stuck in the same spot in vocals.....

I just got RB in June, and just got the drum kit like a 2 weeks ago. I basically beat all of Hard and the first 35 or so songs on expert in 1-2 tries. Really, after that, if you have rhythm, its just about knowing the songs. (Haven't had a chance to play the last 2 tiers yet though, so I guess Ill find out)

The hardest part for me was not playing cross-handed like a real set, and having to watch the screen rather than just listen to the rhythm and flow from it....

Edit: Also, alot of you complaining about fatigue on some songs, just roll like EVERYTHING possible. Its way, way easier. You won't get tired, and it's is a roll in the actual song most of the time.

xKNIGHT617x
08-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Find someone to hit the bass pedal for you... easiest way to do it if you want to.
I finally got animal. I beat every song buy myself except for dead on arrival and run to the hills. I was shocked when i beat wont get fooled again first shot and same with next to you. I made vids of me playing these songs but im sort of a clown in them, but ill see if i can get them up.:)

Son of Kyuss
08-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Finally got my new bass pedal so now I'm finally able to finish the Drum Tour either later today or tomorrow.