PDA

View Full Version : Christ this game is frustrating!

DazParker
08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
God damn Tower of Ascension! So many times I've wanted to throw my pad at the screen after beating 12 people and then getting thrown by the 13th when they've got a miniscule amount of health left! Argh!!

Online this game pisses me off aswell. Not once have I played against someone who hasn't spammed the same combos. Even worse is that loads of people seem to go as Astaroth and just try to shove you off the stage for a ring out. Its getting damn annoying! Yes its a simple case of blocking, but i'm getting tired of everyone doing exactly the same thing every match.

This is one of the main reasons why I prefer Virtua Fighter 5 to this. Its so much more balanced and requires more skill. Button bashing gets you a long way in Soul Calibur, which just annoys me, particularly online.

Anyone agree?

KFZ Scrubs
08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
no... not really.
I've spammed for the online wins... also not everyone spams.
For tower of ascension use agaroth and spam his move, jus look around the site and u'll see a thread about it.
For online, find sumone u know how to use really well, then learn how to block and impact block and u should do fine online. That helped me a lil to stop them and start my spammin.

Bleeding Star
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree that the online poor

But the rest of the game is awesome, you must just be bad at it :/ [no offence]

KFZ Scrubs
08-06-2008, 02:17 PM
online is hard as hell, specially their stupid win 2 in a row rank up thing. It lagz a lot and its flooded wit spammers *im one, jus sayin its annoyin to the ppl wit skill"
The rest of the game is actually pretty good, fun to play and i luv the custom character feature. Already made like 6 ppl!

Evo Kazz
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah this is one I will be going back to even after 1000

KFZ Scrubs
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I can't wait for more customizable features..... like make sumone really buff (for the hulk) And using barehand style would be cool as well...lotsa of the customizable ppl look weird wit weapons to me ( ryu, ken, the hulk)

Stagier
08-06-2008, 02:33 PM
The online in the game is good just not the ranked part of it.Such as me and some friends always play player matches because we don't spam moves like 3/4 of the ppl in ranked SC.

Yann
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I got called Lame for spamming the same 3 moves, but if the guy just learned how to impact and block he could of beaten me so easily.

ABR
08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Online this game pisses me off aswell. Not once have I played against someone who hasn't spammed the same combos. Even worse is that loads of people seem to go as Astaroth and just try to shove you off the stage for a ring out. Its getting damn annoying! Yes its a simple case of blocking, but i'm getting tired of everyone doing exactly the same thing every match.

Just get Auto Impact A with a character that has quick attacks and you should be fine. People who do that really piss me off. I want another DOA.

Custom SpinOut
08-06-2008, 10:06 PM
God damn Tower of Ascension! So many times I've wanted to throw my pad at the screen after beating 12 people and then getting thrown by the 13th when they've got a miniscule amount of health left! Argh!!

Yes i know what you mean. The tower is like the hardest thing ever.

Dr Pepper 6pk
08-06-2008, 10:37 PM
fighting the Apprentice caused me to smash a controller. I can get a perfect on everyone, but I lost to the apprentice about 8 times. Bad sign for force unleashed

KFZ Scrubs
08-07-2008, 07:46 AM
how is that a bad sign for the force unleashed?
Anyway your talking about arcade aren't you?
Im assuming your spamming Agaroth, if that isn't working out for you then try using Rock. I beat arcade with him topping 500k or more. Just spam his throw (x+a) because he picks them up and throws them forward. As soon as you see them getting up use the throw again before they have a chance to attack

DuroNL
08-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Frustrating YES, especially floor 31-33 i think where you encounter Zasalamel as the last enemy.

Damn every fcking time i reach him with 180% health, but he keeps on killing me instantly without me dealing any blows :( frustrating been working on that one 2 hours straight last night BAH....

Online Ranked is anoying, go play playermatches you should have a lot more fun!

KFZ Scrubs
08-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey duroNL are you using the agaroth method? Should be easy, if not i know i constantly say this but i jus wanna help. Use Rocks x+a throw to pick them up and throw them foward. If they don't have auto grapple break it should be easy to ring them out.

Lewi
08-07-2008, 08:28 AM
i personally hate astaroth and rock
theyre my two most hated characters
not due to their cheap online fan boys but the fact that if u dont use their ONE move then they are really slow and not that powerful in my opinion

anyone agree???
lots of you wont:)(not trying to piss anyone off btw)

KFZ Scrubs
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
no.... actually your right. I learned this when i went to my first auto grapple break stage in tols. Thats the only reason i use them, for their cheap tricks..... thats pretty much it.
And both of them are probably really good if someone knew all their moves and how to use them

DuroNL
08-07-2008, 09:31 AM
@ Go8888od, i will try His atack out tonight.
Altough i doubt Zasalamel in that form will fall for it, damn that guy has got some moves :P

@ Lewi i share youre opinion on that one, countered a few of them online once you break there spam atack, and start dealing some combo damage on them they wont have time to do that spam atack.
and then they have to use normal atacks, wich arent so powerfull.

None the less i did complete arcade with 500.000 points using astaroth :P

DazParker
08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Frustrating YES, especially floor 31-33 i think where you encounter Zasalamel as the last enemy.

Damn every fcking time i reach him with 180% health, but he keeps on killing me instantly without me dealing any blows :( frustrating been working on that one 2 hours straight last night BAH....

Online Ranked is anoying, go play playermatches you should have a lot more fun!

Thats the floor I'm on man!

I get perfect against everyone leading up to Zasalamel, but no matter what I do the bastard always takes me down! So frustrating!

I started doing some player matches yesterday and they are a lot better. I'm not gonna bother going for the level 20 achievement, and I got the consecutive wins achievement yesterday so I'm completely done with ranked matches.

Naish360
08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
I've never been so angry with a game before, and I'm usually the kinda guy who just isn't bothered. I dunno why, but SC4 (up until I randomly managed to clear the TOLS and get down to level 32 with Astaroth.... I had trouble before but with the exact same strategy) is infuriating.

sklib
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
There are easy ways to avoid people using the same move over and over again. Just guard the 3-set combo or whatever then get up in their grill with your own moves... and don't stop.

Falcongale
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
There are easy ways to avoid people using the same move over and over again. Just guard the 3-set combo or whatever then get up in their grill with your own moves... and don't stop.

Seriously pal, again, try reading the topic we've already discussed that.

On a lighter note, I just got my descend 20 achievement :)