PDA

View Full Version : Scratched Disks Solution

TheColdWolf
08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey, do you think the new dashboard update will allow me to play my scratched games like gears of war and halo 3 again since you only have to put it in once? Just asking becuase if so that would be great:) I would never have to worry about scratched games again lol. Just a thought and would like to know what you guys think.:p

PnutButrSkippy
08-06-2008, 02:49 PM
itll have to be able to access all of the information from the disc so that it can copy it to the harddrive. if its too scratched, then it still wont work. its basically future damage-proofing the discs

TheColdWolf
08-06-2008, 03:36 PM
itll have to be able to access all of the information from the disc so that it can copy it to the harddrive. if its too scratched, then it still wont work. its basically future damage-proofing the discs

Wonder if you can rent that scratched game and still have the same data on the harddrive and can use your scratched disk after you put the non-scratched one in:) Well will just have to wait and see won't we:p

PnutButrSkippy
08-06-2008, 03:44 PM
good point, i didnt even think of that. as long as the xbox recognizes the particular game, then it can read it enough to know that its the game stored on the harddrive. but like you said, we'll just have to wait

narcolepticshee
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
even if you rip a game to your hard drive, you still have to have the game in the drive to play it...

Peace

Tenacious
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
even if you rip a game to your hard drive, you still have to have the game in the drive to play it...

Peace

so the only point of this is so the disc isn't spinning, therefore it can't get damaged by the scratch rings?

LumberjackNate
08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Its meant to cut down load times. And are your discs scratched by normal wear and tear or do they have the "ring"? Theres a local store where I live that will resurface your disc (as long as it doesn't have the ring) for a dollar. Works like new, you might look into that.

TheColdWolf
08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Its meant to cut down load times. And are your discs scratched by normal wear and tear or do they have the "ring"? Theres a local store where I live that will resurface your disc (as long as it doesn't have the ring) for a dollar. Works like new, you might look into that.

It doesn't have the ring what store is it?

LumberjackNate
08-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Its a collectibles shop, can't remember the name sorry. You'll have to ask around your area to see if anyone provides the service. Its just a small town shop, not a big string of stores. Depending on where you live (close to a larger city) there's probably another shop that can resurface discs. Good luck on finding one.

TheColdWolf
08-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Its a collectibles shop, can't remember the name sorry. You'll have to ask around your area to see if anyone provides the service. Its just a small town shop, not a big string of stores. Depending on where you live (close to a larger city) there's probably another shop that can resurface discs. Good luck on finding one.

Alright thanks:) For the help with that. Can't wait for fall update:woop::p

LumberjackNate
08-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Ya looks like it could have some potential as long as Microsoft doesn't rush it. Sadly I'll need to upgrade my harddrive since a measly 20gigs won't last long when saving games to the harddrive. Hopefully Microsoft will have a trade-in service for upgrading to larger harddrives...

Goober
08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Wolf - I know that Game Crazy does resurfacing for free for there members and for non members it's only $1 or $1.50. If you have one of those in your area, you might want to pop in there and check it out. Hope that helps!

TheColdWolf
08-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Wolf - I know that Game Crazy does resurfacing for free for there members and for non members it's only $1 or $1.50. If you have one of those in your area, you might want to pop in there and check it out. Hope that helps!

Wow thanks:) Just checked google maps not near me but there is one close to prince fredrick thanks again.

dm master
08-06-2008, 07:12 PM
if your in the UK gamestation has a "game fixer"

also you could be naughty and rent a game swap the disks and keep the nice non scratched disk (IM NOT SAYING DO IT i havent but some people do,)

TheColdWolf
08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
if your in the UK gamestation has a "game fixer"

also you could be naughty and rent a game swap the disks and keep the nice non scratched disk (IM NOT SAYING DO IT i havent but some people do,)

I don't want to do that lol unless you can't get cought:p

ClevelandRocks8
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I have a cleaner that gets rid of scratches on discs.

I recommend picking one up, my friend's XBox scratched his CoD4 disc really bad but my cleaner fixed it up.

Just go to Best Buy and get one. Probably like $30 and it seems like it happens a lot to you so it should be a good investment.

narcolepticshee
08-06-2008, 10:31 PM
you know what the best solution is...?

Take better care of your discs

Pece

TheColdWolf
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
I was trying to edit something and then i pressed back and submitted with my fixed corrections sorry for double posting

TheColdWolf
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
I have a cleaner that gets rid of scratches on discs.

I recommend picking one up, my friend's XBox scratched his CoD4 disc really bad but my cleaner fixed it up.

What is the cleaner called? Also does it fix discs that have cracks in side the little circle like my halo 3 and gears of war does?

Just go to Best Buy and get one. Probably like $30 and it seems like it happens a lot to you so it should be a good investment.

What is the cleaner called? Also does it fix discs that have cracks in side the little circle like my halo 3 and gears of war does?

you know what the best solution is...?

Take better care of your discs

Pece

I try to every time i buy a new game like the last new game i got was GTA4 it has scratches on it but still works i just don't know what it is i mostly play my 360 during the day nothing to do here outside(Just moved last October Novemember and can't do allot of stuff like soccer which i really want to do) because i have heart problems.

KWEY516
08-07-2008, 12:37 AM
wow you actully bought up a good topic

my friend scratchs his disk all the time so i wonder if he saves it from a rental disk and uses his broken 1 if that will work. will save people alot of money

TheColdWolf
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM
wow you actully bought up a good topic

my friend scratchs his disk all the time so i wonder if he saves it from a rental disk and uses his broken 1 if that will work. will save people alot of money

Yea, but i bet it will also have businesses loose money lol maybe though becuase there are always new gamers.