PDA

View Full Version : Overdrive kicks in by itself

nfgmusicPaul
08-07-2008, 05:02 AM
hey everyone. As soon as I acquire enough overdrive, it kicks in by itself which is really sad cause on Green Grass and High Tides I need to save it until the solos.

Is there something wrong with my RB guitar?

thanks

nightmare975
08-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Guitar's tilt sensor is broken, give it a nice whack and that should temporarily fix it, otherwise, get a new guitar.

nfgmusicPaul
08-07-2008, 05:13 AM
a tilt sensor is on the Rock Band guitar?

RINGO
08-07-2008, 05:14 AM
yep....its the tilt sensor..... has happened to me...

where just the simple movements of strumming triggers it.... I don't think just giving it a thump will really solve the problem though....

if it bothers you enough......and the reason isn't overuse or damage caused by imporper use then send it in and get it fixed before October 1...(via EA's Rock Band website)......

my sensor ended up breaking entirely and I now just use the button.

Poisonheadcrab
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
my sensor ended up breaking entirely and I now just use the button.
LUCKY! Mine's screwed up too, although these days it only does it 1/25-30 times I get overdrive, so it's not as much of an inconvenience...but when it decides to go on its own during the long pause near the end of Won't Get Fooled Again...:mad:

Seraph Metatron
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
I am having the same trouble. I am glad that Rock Band extended the warranty because I was having issues before my 60 day went up but i didn't get around to tweaking them.

SlinksNine
08-07-2008, 10:00 PM
My guitar does the same thing, but is more lenient. Sudden movements set it off, like a tiger or some shit.