PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Warranty

KingGotenW
08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I just recently (yesterday) received my 360 back from being repaired, does that entitle me to another year of warranty or do I have to renew it?

#1 How do I renew my warranty? I bought my 360 last year at Wal-mart and i doubt they can do anything about it.

#2 What number do i call to renew my warranty? I live in the US

any information would be appreciated.

could we have a sticky about warranty renewal?

Daywalker-san
08-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I belive that the warrenty is automaticaly updated after repair, if in doubt, check the MS site. i remember their is a tool on there which lets you check the staus of a consoles warrenty

Distilled84
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
If your repair was under warranty (free) then you will either keep your original warranty or get three months, whichever is longer. If the repair was out of warranty (paid for) then you will have a 1 year warranty.

As far as warranty renewal, just call 1-800-4-MyXBOX and they can help you renew it, keep it mind that it has to be under warranty to be renewed.

RuFiO
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
When they replaced my 360 and sent out my new one. They automatically updated the xbox.com serial number, but my warranty end date stayed the same. That was actually how I knew they were sending a different one :)

Missis Beki
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
When i sent my console in the first time for a broken disk drive i got a years free warranty on top of my existing warranty (which was about 3 days left) but everyone says i shouldnt have.
best just to ring them

dm master
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
i dont think you get the whole year again i think that your warenty is extended for a shorter period of time and i think you have to call them and ask if you can pay for an extended warrenty

KingGotenW
08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
When i sent my console in the first time for a broken disk drive i got a years free warranty on top of my existing warranty (which was about 3 days left) but everyone says i shouldnt have.
best just to ring them

The EXACT thing just happened to me. I called Xbox and they said my warranty was good until september next year. It was due August 10 (3 days) before I sent my 360 in. I also got a free 1 month of gold, it's not that great but the card is cool looking. It only cost me 3 weeks of complete and total boredom, not to mention it was 3 weeks before school started and received my 360 back after I got home from my 1st day of school.....
Is it possible that some malfunctions deserve a year of free warranty?