PDA

View Full Version : Crashing and freezing...

BlackDragon
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
My game ran perfectly untill today... but today alone, I've had the game crash on me 8 times. Seems to happen either while going into combat - during the opening taunts or the 'Fight!' screen, where the screen locks up in a wierd, lined way... or while moving around in the menus, where the screen simply goes black. In both cases, I had to hard-boot the machien to snap it out of it...

Has this happened to anybody else? 'cuz if not, I can only assume that I've gotten a defect disc... but if it HAS, then it's presumably a bug, and there's nothing to do but wait for a fix.

Simonizer1986
08-07-2008, 10:58 PM
mostly its the first sign for the Ring of death....

say4ct
08-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Oh Wow...I remember when that happened to me. Games just randomly froze and then suddenly... Red Rings. I hope you don't get the rings. But that's most likely what it is. Only time will tell.

BlackDragon
08-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Christ... you guys trying to give me an ulcer?

Okay, seriously - what am I supposed to do? Backup my save-data? And if it DOES go RRoD, what do you do then? I've heard people mention sending it in to Microsoft for a replacement, but no details...

kennydanger666
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
When and if it does rrod, call Microsoft deal with their shitty customer service. If your console was made less than 3 years ago they'll ship you a box for your 360. Then you get to wait 2 to 3 weeks. If yours is fixable they will send it back fixed. Otherwise they will send you a different console.
In my case they sent me a whole new console. (that was about the time of the halo 3 launch.)

Lewi
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
oh shit this happened to me online
i was at character selection and the game sorta froze but i was able to open the blade and TRY to go to the home screen but i couldnt......uh oh

i havnt had RRoD yet....touch wood

Simonizer1986
08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
oh shit this happened to me online
i was at character selection and the game sorta froze but i was able to open the blade and TRY to go to the home screen but i couldnt......uh oh

i havnt had RRoD yet....touch wood

i got it 2 times... but its no drama... just give ms a call and send it to them...
a crashing/freezing xbox is a sign for the ring of death... maybe in one week or one month but it will come...