PDA

View Full Version : Changing my xboxlive name...

True I Skill
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Im thinking of changing my xboxlive name... Will this change anything on my profile apart from my xboxlive name? Like.. Ranks on cod4, gamerscore, Gamerpics/themes/arcade games i have brought, Save files, and friends?
Will i loose any of that? Or will it change any of that?
Also what do you guys think is Worse.. A Ok Name with numbers in..
Or a name that dont stand out but with no numbers in?

Tenacious
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Im thinking of changing my xboxlive name... Will this change anything on my profile apart from my xboxlive name? Like.. Ranks on cod4, gamerscore, Gamerpics/themes/arcade games i have brought, Save files, and friends?
Will i loose any of that? Or will it change any of that?
Also what do you guys think is Worse.. A Ok Name with numbers in..
Or a name that dont stand out but with no numbers in?

No you don't lose anything when you change your name. Everything on your account stays exactly the same.

It really depends on the name in my personal opinion. If it works and looks good with numbers then go for it.

Hi Im Steve
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
The only thing that will change will be the name. Everything else stays the same, so you'll be fine.

As for the name change, make a name without any numbers in it..original gamertags are amazing ^.^

ColossalKiller7
08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I hate gamertags with more than one or two numbers in it. Like Smith304040.

But your rank and profile will stay the same. Just your name changes.

vI Starlight Iv
08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
depends what you want the tag to be if you can get it without numbers then do it but alot of people are going for batman tags at the mo and it ends up like

xth3d4rkkn16htx

batman is awesome but you basically cant read it

True I Skill
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Hm, Cool i guess im changing my Name soon... Btw is there a way i can change Killerchris121 on thsi website to what my new name will be? It will get a little confuzing being called KillerChris121 on this website when its changed..

And on the 1000 clubs, will they be able to change killerchris121 to my other name? Or do i just tell them my new tag and they leave killerchris121 up there?

Chaosflare
08-07-2008, 09:50 PM
If you're gonna add numbers, make sure they represent something important to you. After all, you're the one who has to use the name, or pay to change it. You don't wanna wind up having a name with, say, 6 random numbers that just popped up in your head.

Most people just use the numbers represented by their birthday, or their age, etc. But if you can get a pretty cool name, then usually you don't need numbers.

VeNGeD
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Hm, Cool i guess im changing my Name soon... Btw is there a way i can change Killerchris121 on thsi website to what my new name will be? It will get a little confuzing being called KillerChris121 on this website when its changed..

And on the 1000 clubs, will they be able to change killerchris121 to my other name? Or do i just tell them my new tag and they leave killerchris121 up there?
PM one of the mods, im not sure if they still do name changes though.

True I Skill
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Hm, I was about to change my name.. And then randomly didnt :S i will change it soon, So il pm a mod and ask if they can change my name and stuff... il probably do it in a week or 2.

Tenacious
08-07-2008, 10:36 PM

I'm pretty sure Webb got a name change a while back, in old threads he was DaWebb..

I dunno if you're significant enough to get a name change, but yeah, possibly.

Artamus
08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
His old forum name was DaWebbmeister :P
Killerchris, i hope your new tag is original :D

True I Skill
08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
His old forum name was DaWebbmeister :P
Killerchris, i hope your new tag is original :D

Hm, Yeah i think its pretty original, I made it up myself, And havent seen any1 with it before.