PDA

View Full Version : Save a bit of money on Rock Band DLC!!

worldsk8r
08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Im not sure if this is on another thread but I have found out a way to copy your Rock Band DLC. All you need to have is a 64mb memory stick. You have to go to the dashboard then select memory on the the far right bar. Have the memory unit plugged in but choose the hard drive. Go to games and click on Rock Band. Here it will have all of your DLC, so click on the song that you want to copy. Go to it press copy then click the memory unit to copy it there. After it copies turn the xbox off and switch hard drive to the hard drive u want to copy it onto. On that hard drive go to memory once again but click on memory unit. Go to games, Rock Band, then click on the song that u want to transfer. Click move and it will move it onto that hard drive.

This may take a while if you have a lot of Rock Band DLC that u want to copy over because the 64mb is only enough to do 1 song at a time (in most cases). The only bad part about this is that the memory stick isn't big enough to copy whole packs over. Also, I am pretty sure that u need to be connected to live to be able to play these songs.

animeaddict42
08-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Im not sure if this is on another thread but I have found out a way to copy your Rock Band DLC. All you need to have is a 64mb memory stick. You have to go to the dashboard then select memory on the the far right bar. Have the memory unit plugged in but choose the hard drive. Go to games and click on Rock Band. Here it will have all of your DLC, so click on the song that you want to copy. Go to it press copy then click the memory unit to copy it there. After it copies turn the xbox off and switch hard drive to the hard drive u want to copy it onto. On that hard drive go to memory once again but click on memory unit. Go to games, Rock Band, then click on the song that u want to transfer. Click move and it will move it onto that hard drive.

This may take a while if you have a lot of Rock Band DLC that u want to copy over because the 64mb is only enough to do 1 song at a time (in most cases). The only bad part about this is that the memory stick isn't big enough to copy whole packs over. Also, I am pretty sure that u need to be connected to live to be able to play these songs.
Erm, yes, that is the non-complicated and obvious idea, but the actual main problem with this method is buying the memory stick. And yes, you will need to be online, unless you use the license transfer at the Xbox website, so if you go to friend's with it and he doesn't have connection available, your screwed. All in all, it is just better to get the license transfer and redownload it all, so you don't have to be online.

Dla911
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
if your talking about pirating songs over to another Xbox (as getting it off your buddy etc...) Be gone, not wanted here

But the easy way of changing it over on to a new hard drive is but just redownloading it, (ones you bought befor) I need to do this soon my 10Gb is not going to last too long