PDA

View Full Version : I give up too easily

ReptarFTW
08-07-2008, 10:09 PM
I always tend to give up too easily on games. If i find them hard i always leave them because i can't do a certain part of the game when if i did it i would end up with much more achievements.
Need to sort it out :P haha
And me personally i like to achieve over 600 points on each game to feel iv'e acomplished something, anyone else agree?:confused:

Chaosflare
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I do know how you feel, as I have given up on quite a few games after feeling that it is rather impossible for myself.

For one, I know I'll never be able to 100% GTAIV, and I haven't played it in a while. I also know I'll never 100% Rock Band, so I play it with family or friends, and that's about it.

Then comes games like Ridge Racer. I doubt I'll ever get more than 100 points in that game. It's just way too online directed for my tastes.

vI Starlight Iv
08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
everyone has an amount their comfortable with some people say over 500 for every game. you say 600 not everyone is crazy patient enough to finish all games

Gariom
08-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way. I just cannot get any farther on the Insane campaign for Gears of War and I'll probably never get any of online kills achievements.

Really the only game I feel any accomplished in is COD4 because I have the Mile High Club achievement.

LOCKDOWN123
08-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I settle for no less than 1000GS in my games!:p

Determination is the key to being a great gamer NEVER GIVE UP no matter what if there is an achievement you think you cannot get chances are you can easily get it with practice and patience, just never give up.

Here are some examples of my achievements:

I got the Petrovic achievement in GTA4 took me 4 solid days to get it playing around 16 hours a day but I got it.

Same with wanted in GTA4 took me one week of playing HANGMAN'S NOOSE over and over again - but I got it.

Also all the seriously achievements out there take AGES but in reality if you played Gears of War for just 2 weeks all day every day racking up 20 kills per game you would get it in that 2 weeks.

No matter how hard an achievement is - go for it you will be surprised how easy they actually are.

VeNGeD
08-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Dont feel bad, i gave up at 500 on NBA 2K6 and NHL 2K6. And they are very easy games.

iNSANiTY
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah im like that , I like getting achievements I just dont like whoring them tbh.

kentarulez
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm like that, I'll go for certain achievements on certain games, but forget about other games, (AKA King Kong, NBA 2K6 and NHL 2K6) but put all my time into other games that I'm renting (Tony Hawk's Project 8)

Tenacious
08-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I've given up at 895 on GTA IV. I might be able to squeeze to 920 before it becomes almost impossible.

I'm stuck at 510 in CoD4 also, a game which thousands of people have completed...Veteran is DAMN HARD.

EvilestBean
08-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I am exactly like that to, ive given up on harry potter because of the bloody gobstone challenge then i went to the main menu then reliased i turned of auto save so i had to do all the challenges again lol.

Im currently working on Hulk and im really getting into it, im going to keep at the mini games aswell, but the problem with me is if i get a new game i go of the one im currently working on lol, for example Bourne Conspiracy all i need is the 200 gun takedowns and i have like over 120 so i cant be bothered to go back and get the rest lol but i will get it eventually. I was playing GTA San Andreas once and i failed on one of the missions 4 times in a row and i didnt go on it for at least 2 years lol.

Professor Pie
08-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I'd only 1000 games I really like. If they seem really impossible I'll stop usually after most single player ones are done, I usually skip online ones as they take ages (e.g. Gears of War). 500 is good enough for games like that, I'd say.

ColossalKiller7
08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
It does get frustrating but you just need to take a break and come back in a week. Seeing that last achievement come up is a great feeling.

DevilGuy
08-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I never finish games. I always say I'm gonna 1000 it but then I get a new game, start that, get to like 500 or whatever then start on a new game. Got to the 900s in 2 games :D

DigitalFury
08-08-2008, 01:11 AM
I settle for no less than 1000GS in my games!:p

Determination is the key to being a great gamer NEVER GIVE UP no matter what if there is an achievement you think you cannot get chances are you can easily get it with practice and patience, just never give up.

Here are some examples of my achievements:

I got the Petrovic achievement in GTA4 took me 4 solid days to get it playing around 16 hours a day but I got it.

Same with wanted in GTA4 took me one week of playing HANGMAN'S NOOSE over and over again - but I got it.

Also all the seriously achievements out there take AGES but in reality if you played Gears of War for just 2 weeks all day every day racking up 20 kills per game you would get it in that 2 weeks.

No matter how hard an achievement is - go for it you will be surprised how easy they actually are.

... And then real life and that pesky thing called reality sets in....

AK47Ra1der
08-08-2008, 03:19 AM
No I usually don't give up on games when they are really hard. And I don't really care how many achievements I get on each game.

Artamus
08-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I try to get every possible one, but i usually get that good feeling when i've achieved around 600-700 points, depending on the game. When i finally finished NG2 on Acolyte ( damn hard for me ) i was uber happy ( 620 points ).

master_shake_350
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
I'd only 1000 games I really like. If they seem really impossible I'll stop usually after most single player ones are done, I usually skip online ones as they take ages (e.g. Gears of War). 500 is good enough for games like that, I'd say.

Yes! This is exactly what i do if i like the game then ill try get 1000gs, but ill settle with 500gs on games i have.

ReptarFTW
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah i agree on GoW, im not a fan of it online and am settling for the 590 i got from the offline, haha.

ColossalKiller7
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I usually play with two mindsets. Some games like Gears and Orangebox I play just for fun. There are some games you just don't want to try for. But giving up all together just ruins the game. You need to go back and try.

A Satyr
08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I usually play with two mindsets. Some games like Gears and Orangebox I play just for fun. There are some games you just don't want to try for. But giving up all together just ruins the game. You need to go back and try.
You defiantly need to play Gears more.

ColossalKiller7
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
You defiantly need to play Gears more.
I never got into the online which is a shame. I just don't like that its not pure deathmatch. Its unique with the rounds but I think I am going to play the story once more before the sequel comes out then start playing online in the 2nd game.

blackflame0729
08-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Me too man. No worries. Example, I dont wanna get all flags on Assassin's creed because its boring and takes awhile

Bax x360a
08-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm the same as you Reptar. Unless its a game I really enjoy and get stuck at, I'll just leave the game and move onto another. Its a bad habit of mine but it saves me from getting frustrated too badly, but unfortunately can prove rather expensive!

Bishop24
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm the same as you Reptar. Unless its a game I really enjoy and get stuck at, I'll just leave the game and move onto another. Its a bad habit of mine but it saves me from getting frustrated too badly, but unfortunately can prove rather expensive!

I'm in the exact same boat as you. If the game is too hard or too boring it's going back to where I bought it from or I'm selling it on Ebay.

Raven1709
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I also collect the games so I never sell my games. Sometimes I replay them even if I already got a 1000 points for it. Because of my collectors addiction, I bought so many games that I hardly even started playing them. I forced myself to stop buying and start working on achievements and completing games for a 1000 points. These days I completed 7 games and working on a few aswell, but my collectorsaddiction also came back so got more games to work on and to completed.

ColossalKiller7
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I also collect the games so I never sell my games. Sometimes I replay them even if I already got a 1000 points for it. Because of my collectors addiction, I bought so many games that I hardly even started playing them. I forced myself to stop buying and start working on achievements and completing games for a 1000 points. These days I completed 7 games and working on a few aswell, but my collectorsaddiction also came back so got more games to work on and to completed.
I wish I could have that addiction. Collectors addiction sounds fun. :)

But my addiction is always messing up on collecting shit and getting one under the required. Like 199/200 pigeons.

vI Starlight Iv
08-08-2008, 08:36 PM
achievements are about skill and some require no skill and are boring like flags on assassins creed and pidgeons on gta

A Satyr
08-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Pigeons... i played through the whole game 1 and a 1/2 times and saw maybe 10 pigeons...

vI Starlight Iv
08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Pigeons... i played through the whole game 1 and a 1/2 times and saw maybe 10 pigeons...

yeh i think there are 200 to find for one of the achievements

ColossalKiller7
08-08-2008, 09:06 PM
yeh i think there are 200 to find for one of the achievements
Yeah 200. I am more of a completionist than a gamerscore whore. So I go for the full 1000 but usually come up short. ;)

xBoricua Killax
08-09-2008, 04:03 AM
i like to get at least 750GS and if that is to hard or if the achievements are so ridiculous to site there forever to try and get i just dont worry about them...

Parkerktm
08-09-2008, 04:15 AM
I understand where your coming from, there are so many occasions that i think to myself if there were no achievement points i would not be playing this right now.

I'm stuck in Prey and Timeshift but i just continue to remind myself of the points waiting there for me at the end push.

Ruthless
08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
God look at my GT mate ive played 240 odd games and completed 32!!!

I give up on shit games really like Bourne, Cars: Mater National etc....

AndRr3zZ
08-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I think that the xbox 360 is not 1000's all the games you play just enjoy them i really like to get achievements but, i not just play for get some achievements when i play and get the easiest of the game that i am playing.
(Sorry if my english is wrong I'm learning it just tell me my errors)

Odiumruse
08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
It depends with me, I started giving up too easy. But i'm going back over old ones now, so will soon be growing on in GS. But as said, play the game for the fun, not just the score.

Raven1709
08-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Well I bought games like Darkness and Alone in the dark, but I don't really like them so I'm saving those for a rainy day. Now started playing the Godfather and I kanda like that game.

Royle
08-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I have a terrible completionist rating. I used to buy games get like 100g and trade it in again. I have stopped doing this as it's just costs way too much :(

pavementpoop
08-09-2008, 09:23 PM
i've kind giving up on trying to go out and get achievments in games, i mean i would do something for an achievement but would never do it for the sake off it, just getting them as they come almost, but i always try to get them, but if ive finished with a game dont like a game, i dont go play it just to whore achievements. i play for the fun of it :D enjoying games alot more.

but yea getting achievements are fun and enjoyable but dont go to far with them :)

ColossalKiller7
08-09-2008, 09:48 PM
i've kind giving up on trying to go out and get achievments in games, i mean i would do something for an achievement but would never do it for the sake off it, just getting them as they come almost, but i always try to get them, but if ive finished with a game dont like a game, i dont go play it just to whore achievements. i play for the fun of it :D enjoying games alot more.

but yea getting achievements are fun and enjoyable but dont go to far with them :)
It just makes you hate the game more if all you are doing is going for achievements. There is a point where you have to draw the line, if its at Pigeons or Stuntjumps for instance.

LOCKDOWN123
08-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeh, but some people like getting 1000/1000 (like me) I can see why people may think that getting flags in Assassin's Creed is a waste of time and getting the jumps and pigeons are a waste of time but I have to get 1000/1000 because it gives me great satisfaction if I do. I mean when I get 1000/1000 on a really hard game (Capcom) I just think Yeh, I done it, I freaking done it! I am not boasting or anything I am just saying that people can do what they want if some people like getting to 800 or 900 in their games then thats fine and if some people like getting 1000/1000 thats fine too.

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 12:13 AM
The problem I have with the pigeon thing is what is the point. You are a badass Eastern European Killer and you need to collect 200 pigeins???? You are a master assassin and you need to find an unhealthy number of flags? What makes the game more loveable or better if you need to do these kind of things to complete a game. Or play the entire game of Lost Planet Colonies 4 times to only get a handfull of points. That's my main problem with some games. They make really crappy achievements. I don't mind working for a lot of achievements but some of them are too ridiciouslous

Freefloater
08-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't give up. I come back to old games all the time. I've only 100%ed two games so far, but I am pretty close on a few more.

I think the key is to just stay focused and change your games around. If you're getting too frustrated, just try something else for a while and then come back to the one you're stuck on.

I totally agree with the user who mentioned that seeing that last achievement pop up is a great feeling.

Rocha12
08-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I gave up on Jumper. I despised playing that game so much I didn't finish it

I didn't bother with the really long surviving one on Dead Rising.

There are some gaping holes in my Halo 3. Lol.

Otherwise I'm unlikely to give up. I'm quite disciplined really.

Persistance got me into the Mile High Club.

And the GTA 4 100% Club! Although I'm still waiting for my keyring or whatever!! Huff.

I made it through the level in Cabella's Alaskan Adventures where the gun doesn't shoot straight! Hurrah!

Viva Pinata really tried my patience! It insisted on crashing at crucial moments! When my Swananas had just got Jiggly for example!
And then it would point blank refuse to load my garden so I'd have to start again from scratch.
It was no coincidence the timing of those crashes. That game had an awareness! A malevolent awareness with a cruel sense of humour.

But did it beat me NO! back in your box Viva Pinata! you horrid wolf in jolly sheeps clothing!

oh the highs and lows.... sigh.

ColossalKiller7
08-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I gave up on Jumper. I despised playing that game so much I didn't finish it

I didn't bother with the really long surviving one on Dead Rising.

There are some gaping holes in my Halo 3. Lol.

Otherwise I'm unlikely to give up. I'm quite disciplined really.

Persistance got me into the Mile High Club.

And the GTA 4 100% Club! Although I'm still waiting for my keyring or whatever!! Huff.

I made it through the level in Cabella's Alaskan Adventures where the gun doesn't shoot straight! Hurrah!

Viva Pinata really tried my patience! It insisted on crashing at crucial moments! When my Swananas had just got Jiggly for example!
And then it would point blank refuse to load my garden so I'd have to start again from scratch.
It was no coincidence the timing of those crashes. That game had an awareness! A malevolent awareness with a cruel sense of humour.

But did it beat me NO! back in your box Viva Pinata! you horrid wolf in jolly sheeps clothing!

oh the highs and lows.... sigh.
Very inspirational? Good speech.
It's just your preference and how far do you want to go. When I get my xbox back, tomorrow!, I plan on starting to boost for CoD3 or GTA. I want to get more Games 1000s and buy a vision camera.;)

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Same here, i get some many games one after the other, the only problem is when i get so many games i play one of them then i get bored and go onto the next one which i hate doing, for example i was going to go back on timeshift and was looking forward completeing the game also i was going to boost some of the online achievements which i did, then the following day i went on a day out and came back with Lost Odysessy and Hulk on xbox 360, now ive gone of timeshift for a bit:(

But one game that drove me to get 1000/1000 was Viva Pinata i was so pleased when that 50hr achievement popped up, and i feel so happy that i have 1000/1000 this game, its even in my sig lol.