PDA

View Full Version : Mic and Drums online.

SlinksNine
08-08-2008, 04:21 AM
So today started out like any other day, I went to Dunkin` Donuts, got a coffee, and came back to play a little Rock Band before work. Lately I've been working on my drums, and I'll go online occasionally for fun. I got into maybe 2 bands using the "Find Players" function. As soon as I got in with the other 2-3 players, they almost immediately kicked me for not having a mic. Don't people see that using a mic with drums would be annoying in their ears? I guess it's me, but isn't that common sense? It may just be inconsiderate of me though. :P

tl;dr: Why do people hate drummers without mics?

TooMuchCowbell
08-08-2008, 04:24 AM
It's not just drummers, I find if you don't have a mic, people will kick you out, period. It gets annoying when they say, "Do you have a mic?", then I walk over to get it, but before I can, they kick me. I don't want to talk with you, I want to play a song with you. Ok, you do need to talk a bit, but its not mandatory either.

Matrarch
08-08-2008, 04:34 AM
On the rare occasion that I play drums online, I mute my mic before the song starts so that no one on the other end can hear me flailing away at the drums. ^^; I don't care much for hearing the drums from someone else when I play since what I hear through the headset is not at the same timing as what I hear through my TV. Just if you do that remember to unmute yourself when the song's over. :)

SlinksNine
08-08-2008, 04:40 AM
It's not just drummers, I find if you don't have a mic, people will kick you out, period. It gets annoying when they say, "Do you have a mic?", then I walk over to get it, but before I can, they kick me. I don't want to talk with you, I want to play a song with you. Ok, you do need to talk a bit, but its not mandatory either.

Yeah, that's another thing that happens to me quite a bit when I play guitar online. I only usually put on the mic before hand with friends inviting me and such.

The funny thing is, I ran into the same bands at least twice everytime I searched. :p

Poisonheadcrab
08-08-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't know why they want you to have a mic; I mean what? Do they WANT you to mess up in the song because you're talking and playing at the same time? o.0

I usually just have it in case and say that I don't care what song you pick and I'm good :Bounce: