PDA

View Full Version : are people this desperate for achievements!

ThtPepsiNagger
08-08-2008, 05:44 AM
i got a message on xbox live and this kid is asking me...
"Hey ill give you 3200 microsoft points if you do drums on expert for me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!"

is this sad or what

Rutawitz
08-08-2008, 05:45 AM
you def cant send microsoft points to other people..he was def playing you for a fool

ThtPepsiNagger
08-08-2008, 05:59 AM
you def cant send microsoft points to other people..he was def playing you for a fool

i know that but i think its halirious how desperate some people are

revenge7777
08-08-2008, 06:27 AM
He can give you microsoft points, he just sends you those codes for the points.

A Satyr
08-08-2008, 06:29 AM
I'd do it... the receiving not the giving.

Th3 Apache Dog
08-08-2008, 06:50 AM
yeah I would go for the points. You ask for the code first, make sure it works, than beat the game for him;):drunk:p

ThtPepsiNagger
08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
yeah I would go for the points. You ask for the code first, make sure it works, than beat the game for him;):drunk:p
or pull the obvious dick head manuiver and get the code and not do the achievements...

i think hes stupid cause hes giving his account to a total stranger... i think its the funniest thing in the world... gonna give me a $40 card and his account to get him 140 achievement points. loser

SaCkaveli20
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I'd do that in a hearbeat.
I would actually beat it for him too....Just so karma doesn't kick my ass later on if I didn't do it. hahah

TwistedFate
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Actually you can send points to other people now without sending codes. They introduced that last year some time.

Rutawitz
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Actually you can send points to other people now without sending codes. They introduced that last year some time.
how do you do that?

TwistedFate
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
https://points.microsoft.com/instantbuy/

SooperSmurph
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
You should have seen Diablo II, people would pay hundreds of dollars for high level accounts, especially hardcore ones.

animeaddict42
08-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Man if I could start making money off my favorite game, I'd be ecstatic. XD

SooperSmurph
08-09-2008, 03:07 AM
People really did this on Diablo II for a while, the game was so popular, and the HardCore gameplay was considered so elite, that accounts on a super high level were sometimes considered priceless. I'm not sure what the highest price ever was, but I recall auctions ending at 300+ dollars for these accounts.

Several elite gamers made a lot of money doing this. They'd work with friends and play up several characters to a very high level, and auction them all off, then start over again. The process had a way of being highly accelerated with large numbers of people in the game, and so I imagine that some of these fellas made thousands of dollars during DII's golden age.

RockstarSuicide
08-09-2008, 08:45 PM
My buddy makes some decent coin levelling and selling WoW toons

A Satyr
08-09-2008, 08:50 PM
From what ive heard playing Final fantasy online is like having a full time job, you collect rare things and sell them for real money and sell in game money for real money etc.

spankyNspronkle
08-09-2008, 09:15 PM
there are actually a lot of people who sell achievements... they sell 1000/1000 on games for $5 or $10... usually doesn't go much higher because the games they offer it on just require the time of playing an easy 1000... those people are insane...

why pay $5 for a 1000 on madden 06?

Piccolo549
08-09-2008, 09:21 PM
i would do it if i knew the guy and could actually beat it on expert :(

Tenacious
08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Some guy on the Final Fantasy XI forum sold his account for over $5k, he bought a huge plasma tv, etc.

It's crazy. A year's worth of fun and you're in the money.

A Polish Panda
08-09-2008, 11:27 PM
I hope this thread wasn't made with the intention to brag about you beating it on Expert.

laundryman
08-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Happens to me for Bioshock and The Orange Box all the time. They are actually from this site most of the time.

darquesyde
08-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow I can just see these kind of things popping up on those classified sites. "Need gamer to help me get achievements. Will pay $$$." Wouldn't mind if was asking for help on a co-op, but for $$$ or points makes it sound like solicitation.

sharonoagain
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I've heard of Achievement Whores, but not Achievement Johns. Sheesh! The things some people will do.

Jagsfreak27
08-10-2008, 05:25 AM
dude your a fag if your not good enough to get it then you shouldnt get it

animeaddict42
08-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Happens to me for Bioshock and The Orange Box all the time. They are actually from this site most of the time.
In that case I'm offering Expert careers (except vocals) for 1600 points! Lol jk... unless you are seriously desperate. That's kind of low for me though, offering my skills so people can get false bragging rights... I don't know :p

CriscoDisco878
08-10-2008, 06:16 AM
thats really embaressing. ive had people on my friends list ask me to beat ttfaf for them, i usually just delete them

rockhopper
08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
yeah there's a couple people on my friends list that keep bugging me to do the profile glitch for Gears of War and Assassin's Creed for them. Since I got all achievements for those legit, you can just sign in and get 1000 pretty easily for them. But I won't do it. Took me too long to earn on my own. People just need to play the games themselves and if they can't be bothered to earn them then they don't deserve them. And I wonder why so many people on my friends list have had their accounts hacked. And the one guy that keeps asking me to get achievements for him apparently found someone else and the guy changed the password and wouldn't give him his profile back. Friend had to start all over from scratch and he had about 30,000 GS before! HAHA.

As much as I love music games, I will never get anything above medium expert on any of careers because I'm just not good enough. Medium is fine for me and as much as I would love to have expert careers complete, I'm resigned to the fact I will never earn them.

LFCDANNY 2k8
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
dude your a fag if your not good enough to get it then you shouldnt get it

The thread starter? He already has it, he said he got a message off some guy desperate for them.

darosa321
08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
LoL im just happy to see so many hockey fans yeeee

sharonoagain
08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
LoL im just happy to see so many hockey fans yeeee

WTF??? :spam1

<snipped for brevity>

As much as I love music games, I will never get anything above medium on any of careers because I'm just not good enough. Medium is fine for me and as much as I would love to have expert careers complete, I'm resigned to the fact I will never earn them.

:whs

The only solo achievements I can do on RockBand on Expert is Vocals ... I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be better than a Medium drummer or guitarist. I bought this game knowing that, not thinking I wouldn't get my money's worth if I didn't get 1000 GS out of it.

I love Achievements as much as the next girl but I wouldn't be as proud of my achievements if I got them illegitimately.

Bergashnurga
08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
i'm pretty desperate for achievements but i'd only ask. if you'd said no i would've been fine. i wouldn't give microsoft points for ach. though. kinda goofy.

Stufin135
08-31-2008, 11:59 PM
i'm pretty desperate for achievements but i'd only ask. if you'd said no i would've been fine. i wouldn't give microsoft points for ach. though. kinda goofy.

Your saying it's kinda goofy for someone to pay altough you say you would happily let someone do them for you?

Can i ask what exactly do achievements give you?

ThtPepsiNagger
09-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Your saying it's kinda goofy for someone to pay altough you say you would happily let someone do them for you?

Can i ask what exactly do achievements give you?

As a very funny pic from 4chan says.

"I love my xbox 360 not cause i can beat the games but just cause i can have my friends do it and make it look like i did it!"

Blue Radium
09-06-2008, 01:13 AM
The simple answer is yes, they are. These are the sorts of people who want to brag about things that they didn't actually achieve, wanting a number that basically describes how much free time they have to waste on video games to be big. Achievements, to me, are a thing for me, not a thing to show off. When I unlocked the likes of Wanted, Free Runner, and Complete Package, I felt good. They would be empty if I didn't do them myself, so I don't see why people would want these achievements to be unlocked in any other way then doing what you are supposed to do to unlock the achievement.

brak4222
09-06-2008, 10:45 AM
It is sad that people would pay for points or try to cheat. With that being said, I do find earning points to be pretty addicting...