PDA

View Full Version : Recovering my Gamertag on my friend's hard drive lowered my Gamerscore..

ExcrementHammer
08-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I went to my friend's house the other day for a LAN party and I didn't bring any of my stuff (TV, Xbox, etc.) because my 360 recently broke. I had to take turns with one of my friend's so I recovered my Gamertag on his hard drive. After a few days I went to a different friend's house to play Gears Of War online (my internet connection is horrible) and it wouldn't let me sign in with my hard drive on his console, so I had to recover my Gamertag on my own hard drive. Well I recently got all of the achievements on Conan and had a Gamerscore of 21,700 and when I signed into Xbox Live it said I had a Gamerscore of 21,320. Is there any way to get my achievements back without having to play Conan through like 2-3 more times again after I get a new 360?

Ubidan
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry, but you've probably lost those achievements. Only one copy of your profile is valid at a time. So if you gain achievements while offline, then recover your gametag on a friend's console, only the copy on the friend's console is valid and the old copy with the achievements will no longer work.

DCS 23
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
well why didnt you just take your hardrive?

Heroine923
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
well why didnt you just take your hardrive?

Yeah if you took your Hard Drive none of this would of happend.

xepherys
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Just to explain another way for future use in this thread.

If you do not sign into Live, it would not update your GS after completing additinal achievements. Then your Xbox dies and you recover your GamerTag on another system. Since you've pulled it down, it's Microsoft's last known good copy, including your old score. At that point, you've verified with MS that their information is correct. When you recover back to your hard drive, it discards the info it already had and replaces it with the data from MS' servers. This prevents some degree of GS hacking and duping with hacked 360's and the like.