PDA

View Full Version : DLC for 8/12

Matrarch
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
From the rockband.com forums

Hey Rockers,

Here's your weekly fixing of DLC for August 12th, 2008. It's a rip roarin' Roadrunner 6 Pack, filled to the brim with metal mayhem. The pack will be 480 MSP (aka $5.99) and single tracks will be 80 MSP (aka $0.99) for the first month. From that point on the pack will be 800 MSP (aka $9.99) and the single tracks will become 160 MSP (aka $1.99). GET STOKED!

Tracks will be out on Tuesday on Xbox Marketplace and Thursday on the Playstation Store.

TRACKS:
Airbourne – Runnin’ Wild - 80 MSP - $0.99

DevilDriver – Clouds Over California - 80 MSP - $0.99

Dream Theater – Constant Motion - 80 MSP - $0.99

Killswitch Engage – My Curse - 80 MSP - $0.99

Machine Head – Aesthetics Of Hate - 80 MSP - $0.99

Megadeth – Sleepwalker - 80 MSP - $0.99

All tracks are masters.

Also, there was a nice helping of new Rock Band 2 info (Including one achievement, I think!) at the Rock Band forums. I posted that down in the RB2 forums, but thought I'd mention it here since I know I often forget the RB2 forums are there and as such, don't check them. ^^

Figgsy91
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
AMAZING! I cant wait to play my curse on drums. IM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Dla911
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
see this is what i'm wounding is when will this song hit,

In an interview with the creators of the music video game Rock Band in October 2007, it was stated that Metallica had given the rights to MTV Games, the game's publisher, to have the first single off Death Magnetic available for playability on the game before the album's release.[2] On August 1, 2008, that first single was ultimately revealed to be "The Day That Never Comes."

Dont know aout this weeks Songs but i will have to take a look at them

Chris PW
08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Good release, be picking up a few of these.

xMx Scarred xMx
08-08-2008, 05:53 PM
oh my god. thats crazy.
i'll be buying all of them for sure. except maybe airbourne. theyre kinda meh.
wish it wouldve been a different Killswitch song though. rose of sharyn would be my pick.

RINGO
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
AWESOME...

Dream Theater, Killswitch Engage and Megadeath!!
and for just $0.99 too....

Last week and this coming week have been insane for awesome downloads!

animeaddict42
08-08-2008, 06:28 PM
That'll silence the metalheads that have been complaining on every Rock Band forum I've gone to.:p

RINGO
08-08-2008, 07:02 PM
No kidding... n these are some seriously heavy songs. lol

Although Rock Band 2 seems to have a lot more heavy metal than the first.... so that should quiet them even more.

silentbob0
08-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Awesome selection of songs. I'm not sure why they are a pack though because the price still adds up the same if you buy them on there own. So at least you can by the ones you want without losing out.

Chris666
08-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Awesome !!!!

Dizzy Domes
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh my god! Thank you Matrarch! This news totally made my day.

Piccolo549
08-08-2008, 10:17 PM
finally some more decent songs

TwistedFate
08-08-2008, 10:18 PM
W00t! DT FTW!! I'll get them all, but Constant Motion is the one I'll play most. Portnoy is right up there with Peart as one of my personal drum heroes.

Now if I just had a 360 to play. :( May have to ninja mine back from Sharon.

sharonoagain
08-08-2008, 10:43 PM
You know you're welcome to come down and play anytime.

TwistedFate
08-08-2008, 11:28 PM
You know you're welcome to come down and play anytime.

hmmm that would bring the cost of that 1 track up to $35 once I calculate in the gas it cost me to get there and back.

Dex
08-08-2008, 11:41 PM
hmmm that would bring the cost of that 1 track up to $35 once I calculate in the gas it cost me to get there and back.
Yes, but you get to spend time with Sharon, which I'm guessing is priceless? ;)

On topic - I'll be getting at least 4 of these songs, if not all 6:

Dream Theater – Constant Motion
Killswitch Engage – My Curse
Machine Head – Aesthetics Of Hate
Megadeth – Sleepwalker

Longhorns
08-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Very nice, awesome DLC.

sharonoagain
08-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Yes, but you get to spend time with Sharon, which I'm guessing is priceless? ;)

I knew you were my friend for a reason.

Dla911
08-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Only one i probly will not play but Because they cheep i probly will still play it from time to time, so i more then likly will get them all

AJHMAVERICK
08-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Toxicity is awesome on expert. My favourite song to play. Can't do B.Y.O.B for the life of me on expert though - may try it on hard soon.

laundryman
08-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Cool. I'll definatley be getting My Curse.

Dla911
08-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Toxicity is awesome on expert. My favourite song to play. Can't do B.Y.O.B for the life of me on expert though - may try it on hard soon.

BYOB is hard i will tell you that, Still hard on Hard i find, but it was a good buy, both of them were

HoodMod
08-10-2008, 07:08 AM
BYOB is hard i will tell you that, Still hard on Hard i find, but it was a good buy, both of them were
Not to be mean but did you guys read the original post? :confused:

This DLC I cannot wait for, mainly the Megadeth and Dream Theater portion though I'm sure the rest will be great. My Curse, ehh, just for guitar I wasn't crazy about the GH3 chart, which didn't seem to be overcharted.

If anyone wants to play these in a full band, I will be playing them first day out and will play guitar or bass.

D3adcell86
08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I will be getting all of them. This is going to be the best week of DLC so far.

Piccolo549
08-10-2008, 08:54 PM

I havent downloaded BYOB yet is it really wirth the buy?

D3adcell86
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM

The drums are like blackened. The guitar is really hard but passable.

animeaddict42
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh hell yea on of the best songs by a good band and challenging on all parts. But, can we get this topic back on talking about 8/12 DLC instead of 8/5 DLC?

Sofa KingSavage
08-11-2008, 04:04 AM
very nice release - I'll be getting a few

bodomchaos
08-11-2008, 10:25 PM
finally, someone who i can agree with. but instead of my curse, im thinking daylight dies or this is absolution. still, my leg is gonna hurt after 4 am this morning.

MistersalJack
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! did i say this dlc is awesome...

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUK6Qh9tFrQ)

HoodMod
08-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Wow! This DLC is incredible, I just need 5* on the Megadeth song X Guitar.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Oh hell yea, but only ONE Kill Switch Engage?

xCOBRAx
08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
^^ give it time, if this one some sells well, then there is hope for future songs.

first impressions on two songs.

Killswitch Expert guitar: if you can alt strum while moving your left hand at the same time then this song will be a piece of cake, if you cant then get ready to have two tired wrists. the guitarists pretty much picks all of the verses so its a tough song.

dream theater...well shocking its impossible! lol. its in the impossible tier for a reason. the start of the song is basically like kilswitch, a lot of fast picking and if u can alt-strum and move ur left hand ur fine. after the intro it moves into something like BYOB and thats where i failed. have fun everyone :D

Matrarch
08-13-2008, 02:00 PM
All of the songs this week have a major aversion to hammer ons (save for a couple of solos!) so there's lots of alt strumming to go around. :)

I can't get the hang of alt strumming though, so all of these songs are very difficult for me. I've passed all but two so far, and unfortunately don't have a whole lot of fun with them since I just wind up with two very achy wrists at the end. No problem with the songs themselves though.

Don't get me wrong, I can totally see why this is a fun pack, especially for people looking for more difficult songs, it's just so difficult as to not be terribly fun for me. Though, perhaps, dropping to hard may make the songs more passable and as such more fun. I'll try that later. :)

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-13-2008, 08:24 PM
^^ give it time, if this one some sells well, then there is hope for future songs.

first impressions on two songs.

Killswitch Expert guitar: if you can alt strum while moving your left hand at the same time then this song will be a piece of cake, if you cant then get ready to have two tired wrists. the guitarists pretty much picks all of the verses so its a tough song.

dream theater...well shocking its impossible! lol. its in the impossible tier for a reason. the start of the song is basically like kilswitch, a lot of fast picking and if u can alt-strum and move ur left hand ur fine. after the intro it moves into something like BYOB and thats where i failed. have fun everyone :D
I strum down on this song...manly:)

Flavo5000
08-14-2008, 03:09 AM
I was just going to let everyone know that all of these songs are very awesome on X drums.

Runnin Wild is the easiest of the bunch, but it's fast and changes up enough to keep it interesting.

My Curse is probably the easiest after that. It's a very fun song to play with a good amount of bass pedal (pretty much all of these do) and some cool and interesting rhythms.

The Devildriver song is I think the most exhausting song to play in the game. This song is like one long crazy driving bass pedal. It just doesn't stop. It's not terribly difficult (Tier 7, I think?), it's so just fast and plentiful on the bass that it gets tiring very quickly.

Megadeth's Sleepwalker is a pretty fun song with a very tricky beat. I'm not even sure how I beat it honestly. Just looking at the chart I didn't seem to register it. I played it almost on reflex. It was a weird rhythm that just seemed to make sense. Lots of bass on this one too. Although it's a Tier 9, I didn't think it was as difficult as Dream Theater. Speaking of which...

The Dream Theater song is completely awesome to play. I failed the first time through on the crazy blast beat section toward the end but beat after playing it again. Pretty much this entire song is full of constantly changing, really interesting and unique rhythms with various time signatures alternating. The drum solo that's going on during the guitar solo is definitely one I will be enjoying trying to get down for some time to come.

Aesthetics of Hate is a ridiculously difficult song (think Blinded By Fear, but slightly slower and more varied). I personally didn't enjoy this just because I can't get more than 9% through it. It's a good song though.

xKNIGHT617x
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
is sleepwalker kicking anyone elses ass