PDA

View Full Version : The Weirdest Thing

DFILL450
08-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Whats the weirdest thing your xbox has ever done to you (besides give you the 3 rings)?

I'm asking this because I just turned off my xbox and the cooling fans didn't turn off. I was like wait, didn't I just turn you off. I'd have to say thats the weirdest thing.. What about you guys?...or girls :p

Sanction
08-09-2008, 06:44 AM
I shut my 360 off real fast since I had to leave for something, I forget what, and the drive didn't close. -.- Come to find out the eject button doesn't work for putting games back IN but it works for the tray coming out...which is mega lame.

kiwi18
08-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Um, I would be playing and shut off my system as I always do via controller and I would hear the fans and system still running while the Green Ring on the system is off. Weird...

Illution
08-09-2008, 07:25 AM
it slapped my ass.

NO JOKE

I was sitting there, playing guitar, not even facing my 360. When all of a sudden this bird comes in and starts chirping to my song. THEN my cat freaking comes in and is like "OMGWhaddufxup!!!" and like they start chillin then this bear comes, right? It's crazy! Alright, so like he starts breakdancing. Don't even ask, it was insane. After that, this jet liner came flying and landed right in my freaking STREET! The door opens up (YES it's like a Cottage house door like WTF) and out steps obama!?!? I'm like OBAMA!! And he's like YO MOMMA!! And we start laughing (pity laugh) and then like mccain comes in with a sword, right? So they start battling to the death and like obama picks up a man hole cover and throws it at mccain's head, mccain is to quick and dodges to the side, doing this AWESOME roll resorting in him kicking the plate at a light pole, SO hard in fact that it came crashing down on top of my neighbor's house, and the CHIMNEY COVER WENT AND SMACKED OBAMA!! Well, almost! ok then like darth vader came in with the DEATH STAR!? What?! it was mad insane. Then justin timberlake was there but we all booed him away and he started to cry and soak his tears in a plate of salt.

then my xbox totally slapped my ass.

it was crazy. as you can tell I'm bored.

But my xbox actually made this weird noise one time. Like I was sitting there and turned it off to go to bed and it's all BEEeMEE almost as if it was saying play me. crazy.

Pez
08-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Not so much now, but when I first get my 360 back from HQ in Germany after being repaired, the drive button just wouldn't respond unless you hammered it for a good 5 minutes.

I used to have to stand there and continuously press the drive button until it responded. It doesn't do it often now, but every so often the button doesn't respond first time and opens on the second attempt.

Not long before my old 360 RRoD'd, when I used to knock it off, the fans used to carry on running. I had to knock my 360 back on THEN back off for them to stop... Then eventually it RRoD'd... :(

A Satyr
08-09-2008, 07:59 AM
it slapped my ass. *Massive wall o text*
Biggest what the fuck? of the week...

HoodMod
08-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Weirdest I've ever had is my first 360's disc drive wouldn't open out of the box without some toggling with a pin with the faceplate off.

ColossalKiller7
08-09-2008, 01:52 PM
it slapped my ass.

NO JOKE

I was sitting there, playing guitar, not even facing my 360. When all of a sudden this bird comes in and starts chirping to my song. THEN my cat freaking comes in and is like "OMGWhaddufxup!!!" and like they start chillin then this bear comes, right? It's crazy! Alright, so like he starts breakdancing. Don't even ask, it was insane. After that, this jet liner came flying and landed right in my freaking STREET! The door opens up (YES it's like a Cottage house door like WTF) and out steps obama!?!? I'm like OBAMA!! And he's like YO MOMMA!! And we start laughing (pity laugh) and then like mccain comes in with a sword, right? So they start battling to the death and like obama picks up a man hole cover and throws it at mccain's head, mccain is to quick and dodges to the side, doing this AWESOME roll resorting in him kicking the plate at a light pole, SO hard in fact that it came crashing down on top of my neighbor's house, and the CHIMNEY COVER WENT AND SMACKED OBAMA!! Well, almost! ok then like darth vader came in with the DEATH STAR!? What?! it was mad insane. Then justin timberlake was there but we all booed him away and he started to cry and soak his tears in a plate of salt.

But my xbox actually made this weird noise one time. Like I was sitting there and turned it off to go to bed and it's all BEEeMEE almost as if it was saying play me. crazy.
You smoke far too much weed.

The weirdest thing my Xbox has ever done was not listen to me. I could press buttons on it and it would do the opposite. I would press off it wouldn't listen and stay off. The guide button was apparently the start. It was just mad at me or something. :eek:

Randomnutta
08-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Sometimes my xbox turns on for no reason what so ever its either me sleep walking or it wakes me up still both are pretty strange!

LOCKDOWN123
08-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Sometimes my xbox turns on for no reason what so ever its either me sleep walking or it wakes me up still both are pretty strange!

Yeh, my first box just turned on whenever it wanted to, never when I was sleeping I would be on my computer (x360a obviously) and it would just turn on and start up the game (that's the reason I got a new one)

master_shake_350
08-09-2008, 02:10 PM
My first 360 whistled.

filmeister33
08-09-2008, 03:59 PM
my xbox turned on randomly at like 6 o clock in the morning

EvilestBean
08-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I think my 360 talks to its self, but then again it could be ghosts lol

finative
08-09-2008, 04:27 PM
It killed Jonas brothers this morning.

Korix
08-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Slamming your controller on the ground while playing Geometry Wars 2 will automatically give you that moving-screen-around effect.

dm master
08-09-2008, 08:19 PM
korix you sig is wayyy to long lol :)

and mine dont rly do that much odd stuff once the controller decided that it would spazz out and only half the buttons would do what i wanted...

ive had the fans going for like 5 mins while it was off before i realised what was going on then they turned off :)

Korix
08-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I use 'xbox360 wide' down at the bottom and it looks beautiful.

Missis Beki
08-09-2008, 08:29 PM
The other day i was playing burnout and i could here a beeping and i thought it was a car on burnout so i ignored it, 5 mins later the noise was bugging the hell out of me so i muted the tv and it was my xbox, it seriously sounded like a car horn!
that was pretty weird

Illution
08-09-2008, 09:37 PM
You smoke far too much weed.

Weed is for noobs.

I just have an E-MAGIC-NATiON!
Or imagination to you simple folk.

That doesn't make any sense.

ColossalKiller7
08-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Weed is for noobs.

I just have an E-MAGIC-NATiON!
Or imagination to you simple folk.

That doesn't make any sense.
No one sing the Imagination song please. The Imagination Doorway?

Mr. Writer
08-09-2008, 10:18 PM
it slapped my ass.

NO JOKE

That was fucking awesome.

True I Skill
08-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Hm.. Take over my life more than my computer?

Gun-Nut
08-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Before my 360 got the red rings on the odd occasion it would just turn on, funny enough every time I was thinking about playing it would just turn on and I know it was not a controller begin turned on since both that connect to it where with me.

But now its either the tray button has to be pushed 2-3 times to close it and on odd occasions the drive will close just as I'm about to put the disk in.

Matt9340
08-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Mine at one point in time for about 10 minutes was randomly turning its self on. I would turn it back off then it would turn its self on again.

Here it turned out that some of the people in my dorm room were sitting on my bed, and on my bed was my GH3 controller. So they were somehow hitting the guide button to turn it on.

Daywalker-san
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
My fully working Xbox refused to play any DVD film untill this last update, now it works fine.
My GhettoBox (Xbox in peices) wont work while stood upright, it wont boot a game without me pressing on the top of the DVD drive, the disk tray wont open without the DVD drive case being open.

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 03:30 PM
turning on is a common one so is the stupid disc drive braking as for the slapping of asses well its new i would phone support

Rocha12
08-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Just sitting there playing Cod4 (my fave :))

My mate came in wearing his big clumsy motorbike trousers and booted the Xbox over onto it's side, but it didn't quite fall it sort of rested on the edge of the thing that it was next to!

The room fell deadly quiet! all eyes on the box...

It sat there for about 5 seconds looking very cross and then it went

RRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSCCRATTTTTCH!!

As if to say 'Have that you barbarians!'

With a haughty dignity the box allowed me to finish the game I was in ( giving rise to some hopeful speculation that all might be ok after all) before coolly requesting that I insert a game or DVD.

With palpable disdain it spat out Cod4 still spinning in the tray and boy had it done a job on it! Deep rings were etched into the surface. Deep spiteful rings! Worse than any I have ever seen.

That was me told. :|

dm master
08-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Just sitting there playing Cod4 (my fave :))

My mate came in wearing his big clumsy motorbike trousers and booted the Xbox over onto it's side, but it didn't quite fall it sort of rested on the edge of the thing that it was next to!

The room fell deadly quiet! all eyes on the box...

It sat there for about 5 seconds looking very cross and then it went

RRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSCCRATTTTTCH!!

As if to say 'Have that you barbarians!'

With a haughty dignity the box allowed me to finish the game I was in ( giving rise to some hopeful speculation that all might be ok after all) before coolly requesting that I insert a game or DVD.

With palpable disdain it spat out Cod4 still spinning in the tray and boy had it done a job on it! Deep rings were etched into the surface. Deep spiteful rings! Worse than any I have ever seen.

That was me told. :|

mine makes that noice loaddsss and the disks seem to work all fine for me but the falling wont do the disk good :(

Rocha12
08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
mine makes that noice loaddsss and the disks seem to work all fine for me but the falling wont do the disk good :(

Yeah mine makes its normal groan scrape noise when I exit to dash etc. ( I always exit by ejecting now)

But this one was something altogether more serious.
The disk was a Write off and I had to get a new copy.

also I swear my box makes little tiny beep noises from inside. only occaisionally.

NoShineMM
08-11-2008, 08:43 AM
make nasty scrape nosies, then put a huge scratch on my cod4 disc.

Pootcrum
08-11-2008, 08:49 AM
The turning on problem happens to me sometimes. I blame the Wii, it gets a message and lights up blue so the xbox says "get stuffed hes playing with me" and turns on.

But as for the "cooling fans" and such not turning off when you tell the xbox to turn off is normal if the box is doing something that it can do whilst idle eg. downloading and such. Freaked me out the first time it did it until I figured out what was going on.

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
My Xbox can talk to the Dead!I'll be asleep and I'll hear it making plans to take over the World.

Krawk
08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
My Xbox turned itself on; I turned it off by shut-down but it didn't work so I pushed the power button; It did turn off... I go to Cinema, (Kung Fu Panda, By the way it was Awesome) and when I got home the Xbox was on?! Dont Know How?

I Blame The Cat!

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
My Xbox turned itself on; I turned it off by shut-down but it didn't work so I pushed the power button; It did turn off... I go to Cinema, (Kung Fu Panda, By the way it was Awesome) and when I got home the Xbox was on?! Dont Know How?

I Blame The Cat!

Your Xbox is posessed!Or maybe your House is Haunted!

Krawk
08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh No!, Who am I going to Call?
GHOSTBUSTERS!

No Seriously though, I dont know what could of happend! :confused:

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh No!, Who am I going to Call?
GHOSTBUSTERS!

No Seriously though, I dont know what could of happend! :confused:

Are you sure you turned it off?Maybe you didn't press the Button?

Krawk
08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you sure you turned it off?Maybe you didn't press the Button?

Well, Its a pretty Big Button lol,
But like I said, Probably my cat, She always climbs on my desk top!

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
08-12-2008, 04:58 AM
One time my xbox froze while playing SVr08 in the middle of a lowblow, like it was telling me to watch my king kong's.

oneandonlytommo
08-12-2008, 09:30 AM
sometimes my xbox will be really loud then after a while it will go really quiet like that you cant hear it is on then it will sound like a plane taking off 10 mins later. :confused:

Fonkey Monkey
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
when i try to use my white controller when a friend is over, the battery pack wont work, even though its fully charged. i then have to put it on the charger for about 10 minutes or so for it to work:confused:

Eternal
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
When I sent a message to a friend, then exit the dashboard thing. The little 'message sent' thing turned tiny and stayed there. I had to turn off the console for it to go away. The thing was small, like a quarter of the message thing.

Junafani
08-12-2008, 10:52 AM
My Xbox dosen't like alway play some sounds in game. In Halo 3 it didn't play speeches in cutscene and after it until I restarted console.

Also when I finally finished GTAIV I though that Rockstar did have some money problems because they didn't put music into credits... Then I watched some video from Youtube and guess what... It had music.

Oh, it is those older XBOXes that dosen't have HDMI port in back. They sell them in Finland with bundle games (Forza 2 and Viva Pinăta).

Royle
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
The other day all the arcade games I had bought were all trails. I was like FFS! Then I went out and came back and they were all fine again. I found it pretty wierd :S

mjc0961
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
It killed Jonas brothers this morning.
Your Xbox is the best Xbox in the world for that. :woop:

Anyway, one afternoon last week the power went out briefly. It was just enough to wake me up from the sound of all the electronic devices and fans shutting off, and then the power kicked back on and I went right back to sleep. When I woke up that night to go to work, I noticed my Xbox was now turned on. I had no idea why that happened, because I was sure I had turned it off before going to bed, and even if I hadn't, it should have been off because the power went out.

WezCorp
08-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Sometimes when I first turn on my Xbox it doesnt turn on properly, just kinda sits there humming. But if I turn it off and back on again it works fine everytime, tis weird.

dragonboyandy
08-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Whats the weirdest thing your xbox has ever done to you (besides give you the 3 rings)?

I'm asking this because I just turned off my xbox and the cooling fans didn't turn off. I was like wait, didn't I just turn you off. I'd have to say thats the weirdest thing.. What about you guys?...or girls :p

Did you possible leave a controller charging via the USB port? I've got a plug and play kit (with the USB charger) and if I turn the console off while the controller is still pugged into the console it does the same thing to me, but not if the controller isn't plugged in.

Other than that my HD DVD player always stays on a little longer than my xbox, and the screen comes up green occasionally. Oh yeah, and every now and then I get signed out and then back in for no reason. But other than that...
:drunk