PDA

View Full Version : Need a little push?

Chaosflare
08-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey, have you ever had a game that you've felt reluctant to play because you had no one to play with? Happens to me all the time. In fact, I barely use the opportunities and features of Live as I have no one to play with. Maybe it's because I feel that my skills are rather embarrassing; not too sure, but that's always a possibility.

Anyway... I just wanted to ask:
What games do you feel you'd play more often if you had a friend to play with?

EDIT: I also wanna apologize if I have placed this in the wrong forum, as I'm wondering if I should have simply placed it in the Games forum. If so, and it can be moved, I'd appreciate it.

Method
08-09-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm personally not too big a fan of online achievements, so that usually sways me away from some games. But I would have been playing RSV2 a long time ago if anyone on my friends list had been playing it.

Chaosflare
08-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm personally not too big a fan of online achievements, so that usually sways me away from some games. But I would have been playing RSV2 a long time ago if anyone on my friends list had been playing it.
I also feel discouraged by games with an astounding amount of online achievements, but I guess that's one reason why Xbox Live has the largest online community.

As for RSV2, I felt discouraged by the online and vision camera achievements, and thus, I decided not to purchase the game. >_<;;

EvilestBean
08-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Im the same, i cant even get the achievement on battlefield bad company were you invite a mate in to your squad and play a complete round lol, but there are more games i wish to play with someone, guitar hero, rock band, scene it, my family arnt into game with two players lol, there barely into gaming, my dad only plays resident evil lol.

Chaosflare
08-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Im the same, i cant even get the achievement on battlefield bad company were you invite a mate in to your squad and play a complete round lol, but there are more games i wish to play with someone, guitar hero, rock band, scene it, my family arnt into game with two players lol, there barely into gaming, my dad only plays resident evil lol.
That's funny. I think the only games I can play with someone else, on a shared console, are Rock Band and Scene It!. Both of which I play with my mother, though rather rarely.

As for my friends on live, they all play Halo 3 and CoD4. v_v

Gun-Nut
08-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Depends what game it is really :) Though most of the time I won't go online and unless a friend plans on joining me.

Tenacious
08-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I play Guitar Hero III with someone but we can't 5 star those last couple of songs on Hard >_<

We did manage to get Platinum Artist in Rock Band and Millionaire Pair in GH2 though :>

Chaosflare
08-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Are there any particular games that you (referring to x360a members) have that you would rather play with other members to possibly increase your interest in that game?

EvilestBean
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
RSV2, Guitar hero, rock band especially this i luv playing this and guitar hero but im the only one that plays it lol, id luv to play it online more, rock band for example i cant get the achievements for band world tour because im the only one that plays it lol.

EvilestBean
08-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Are there any particular games that you (referring to x360a members) have that you would rather play with other members to possibly increase your interest in that game?

RSV2, rock band, guitar hero III, especially rock band i luv playing this:) but i cant get the achievements for band world tour because im the only one that plays it in my family:(, also id luv to play guitar hero III more online lol.:)

EDIT: Im soooo sorry for the double post i posted it but then wanted to quote something so i went back then i forgot and posted a new one now i got two posts lol sorry.

DevilGuy
08-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I play Guitar Hero III with someone but we can't 5 star those last couple of songs on Hard >_<

We did manage to get Platinum Artist in Rock Band and Millionaire Pair in GH2 though :>

You can do the endless setlist on xbox live? I didn't know that.

Anyway, I was playing GRID, a racing game, but I wanted some online achievements and there's like NOBODY playing online. It sucked. :(

Chaosflare
08-09-2008, 11:58 PM
RSV2, Guitar hero, rock band especially this i luv playing this and guitar hero but im the only one that plays it lol, id luv to play it online more, rock band for example i cant get the achievements for band world tour because im the only one that plays it lol.
Now my question is... can you get the world tour achievements via Live? If so, then maybe I can be saved. My problem lies with the fact that I'm the only person in my household (1 of 2) that has the capability of playing on Expert (though I'm currently practicing on Hard via Guitar and Vocals). My mother doesn't spend enough time on it, yet also complains about the inability to practice (she gets lazy, so she doesn't wanna play), and thus, my possibilities for the Million Fan and Platinum Artist achievements are rather... lost.

If anyone could find me a way to get these on Live, that'd be great. If not, and I should pay attention to the features in game, feel free to toss glass bottles at me.

>>;;

EDIT: Don't worry about it, EB. It happens. ^^

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I ave soooo many games I only need to fullfill online that it isn't even funny anymore. I find i quite hard to complete these online achievements because in the mst games you need to be playing this at once otherwise you are gonna get owned.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:04 AM
If you wanna get together any time ChaosFlare and play some multiplayer games give me a shout ill ad you on xbox live if you want, and Devil Guy ive got GRID and i need the online achievements, do ya wanna get the online achievements together sometime?

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
If you wanna get together any time ChaosFlare and play some multiplayer games give me a shout ill ad you on xbox live if you want, and Devil Guy ive got GRID and i need the online achievements, do ya wanna get the online achievements together sometime?
Thanks much. I'll gladly accept.

Maybe when I have some spare cash, I'll pick up GRID to help you guys out. ^^;

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:20 AM
That would be great, ill send you a friend request now ChaosFlare so i dont forget lol. You dont have to spend your money on a game just to help my and DevilGuy out, it would be very nice of you anyway mate.

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 12:27 AM
That would be great, ill send you a friend request now ChaosFlare so i dont forget lol. You dont have to spend your money on a game just to help my and DevilGuy out, it would be very nice of you anyway mate.
Well, I won't be buying any games for a few months, unless I find a great deal. If by that time you guys still need the achievements, I'll see what I can do. ^^

ColossalKiller7
08-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I am always online and always playing multiplayer because all of my friends play the same games. Thats why they are my friends, except A Hades Satyr. :)

But seriously, you can always find a decent person to play with here at x360a. There is a sticky dedicated to it in every multiplayer game.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Well, I won't be buying any games for a few months, unless I find a great deal. If by that time you guys still need the achievements, I'll see what I can do. ^^
kk, looking forward to be playing with you in th furture lol.

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 12:31 AM
I am always online and always playing multiplayer because all of my friends play the same games. Thats why they are my friends, except A Hades Satyr. :)

But seriously, you can always find a decent person to play with here at x360a. There is a sticky dedicated to it in every multiplayer game.
True, but a majority of members will forget about certain games they own, and thus will not frequent particular forums. Unless they are trying to 100% of course.

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I know but I don't really like asking people just to play with me. I have a select group of players which I really like to play with and have fun. But just asking random people hey do you have play a game wih me doesn't really sit right with me. Of all the players in my list I have like only 1 person from my own country and he plays GTA all day long.

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I know but I don't really like asking people just to play with me. I have a select group of players which I really like to play with and have fun. But just asking random people hey do you have play a game wih me doesn't really sit right with me. Of all the players in my list I have like only 1 person from my own country and he plays GTA all day long.
I too normally feel the same way, but since joining x360a, I've had the desire to work harder when it comes to community life and making the best of my Live subscription.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Same here, and i know what you mean raven, i added a guy to play BF : BC company with for just some friendly games but i havent played with him once lol.

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Same here, and i know what you mean raven, i added a guy to play BF : BC company with for just some friendly games but i havent played with him once lol.
Oh yeah. Just wanted to remind you that my GT is KitsuneChaos, if you didn't know. Didn't want you sending a friend request to Chaosflare. xP

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Well the problem I got most was if people I never spoke or even seen there names in these forums start adding my name. Always gives kind of a creepy feeling. And of course I too want to work on online achievements. Even thought about starting a little group of 4 to 6 people just to play for achievements. And I can get random players here but I would rather have a solid group. And the friends I have now are the coolest people I've met but they mostly stick to a few games.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:47 AM
lol, cheers for telling me, my gamertag was EvilesBean then EvilestBeanXX then SouRxJellyBeaN now im absoultly sticking eth xJOKERxFACE lol, im really happy with this gamertag.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Well the problem I got most was if people I never spoke or even seen there names in these forums start adding my name. Always gives kind of a creepy feeling. And of course I too want to work on online achievements. Even thought about starting a little group of 4 to 6 people just to play for achievements. And I can get random players here but I would rather have a solid group. And the friends I have now are the coolest people I've met but they mostly stick to a few games.
i tried to do that but just forgot about it, but im down for that if you do start a group.

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Shouldnt'be too hard on making a small group that can play a few times together. Most people are free in the weekends or later in the evening. I'll think about it. Best would be a European group of players. Or people that can be available on CET time.

ColossalKiller7
08-10-2008, 12:55 AM
True, but a majority of members will forget about certain games they own, and thus will not frequent particular forums. Unless they are trying to 100% of course.
That is true. I am never on half the game forums that I own.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Shouldnt'be too hard on making a small group that can play a few times together. Most people are free in the weekends or later in the evening. I'll think about it. Best would be a European group of players. Or people that can be available on CET time.
im free any day till 2am UK time except saturday evenings, ( Im still looking for a job lol )

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Shouldnt'be too hard on making a small group that can play a few times together. Most people are free in the weekends or later in the evening. I'll think about it. Best would be a European group of players. Or people that can be available on CET time. And yet again I am envious of those in Europe. x_X

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Hey we have weekends here too. I've got friend on almost every continent and I play with older people, younger people, men, women, good people, criminals etc. And I don't know what you do in live but like I said. We can mix a lot. Some achievements need 2 people other 4 or more. We also can't all have the same games so that's why I just want a close group people that buy / rent games that are pretty common. And I'm flexable enough to buy an older game are a game that I wouldn't have thought about.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey we have weekends here too. I've got friend on almost every continent and I play with older people, younger people, men, women, good people, criminals etc. And I don't know what you do in live but like I said. We can mix a lot. Some achievements need 2 people other 4 or more. We also can't all have the same games so that's why I just want a close group people that buy / rent games that are pretty common. And I'm flexable enough to buy an older game are a game that I wouldn't have thought about.
Same here, also im reliable, and friendly lol, not in a kinda gay way lol, but im of now people, nice chatting to you all, ill send you a friend request no Chaos, and ill add you if you want Raven whats your gamertag?

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Same as my name. Raven1709

Tenacious
08-10-2008, 02:53 AM
You can do the endless setlist on xbox live? I didn't know that.

Anyway, I was playing GRID, a racing game, but I wanted some online achievements and there's like NOBODY playing online. It sucked. :(

No, none of those achievements are online achievements. My partner was sitting right next to me ;D

Royle
08-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I need a push in completing Kane and Lynch (online achievements) and in all my arcade games. I get so bored of boosting so easily :(

kentarulez
08-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm borrowing SVR 2007 from my mate, and no one goes online anymore, with it being an old game, also, there is barely anyone on SVR 2008 anymoere, as everyone else has the achievements.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I tried playing smackdown vs raw 2008 online and i found a few macthes but people are so hard to beat lol.

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 03:11 PM
having memebrs from this website on your fl will give you a diverse group of gamers playing a variety of games

so get some ppl from here on your list and you woll rarely struggle to find a game

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, I just downloaded Gauntlet, so I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to get some help. ^^

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, I just downloaded Gauntlet, so I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to get some help. ^^
how much was that because i had 400 ms points left and i could of downloaded it and helped you out with some of the achievements.

Chaosflare
08-10-2008, 07:07 PM
how much was that because i had 400 ms points left and i could of downloaded it and helped you out with some of the achievements.
It's 400 points for Gauntlet. The only downside so far, is that I've begun falling asleep while playing.

I'm wondering what the in game high score is, as I reached 250k as the Warrior, and still no achievement.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:11 PM
It's 400 points for Gauntlet. The only downside so far, is that I've begun falling asleep while playing.

I'm wondering what the in game high score is, as I reached 250k as the Warrior, and still no achievement.
lol, sorry to hear that, by the way ive got some people who wanna do that group thing were we boost now and again.

Violet Avenger
08-11-2008, 07:05 AM
I feel that Marvel Ultimate Alliance is better played with friends. Its a boring game alone, but if you have a friend or two its amazing fun.

Yid1984
08-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I wouldnt mind joining your online group, i have loads of games where i need online achievements and can do almost any night

Chaosflare
08-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Well, it's rather unfortunate that I'm going to be in New Jersey, with most likely a lack of an internet connection. I know for sure that I won't have access to a computer, but if I can rig my Xbox to Live, then I'll be on. As for the games I'll have, it'll most likely be the arcade games listed in my collection, and a few retail games.

My guesses are:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance / Forza Motorsport 2
Halo 3
Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit
Beautiful Katamari
Bullet Witch
Wartech: Senko no Ronde
Two Worlds
Ninety-Nine Nights

If there's anything that's in my collection that anyone needs help with, I'll bring it in case I have the option of successfully acquiring Live.

DTwirler
08-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Sometimes I don't like to play online just b/c everyone else is so good, and I'm not, since I've just gotten into online gaming. But I will persevere... until my free Gold account runs out.

Raven1709
08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah I have the same problem. You need to be one of the first people that play the game. If you wait a long time it is hard to become good enough to compete.

Chaosflare
08-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah I have the same problem. You need to be one of the first people that play the game. If you wait a long time it is hard to become good enough to compete.
That's the problem I have with Halo 3 now.

Well, I tried Rock Band for the first time, in Score Battle. Only problem was that after every three wins, I would lose a match by less then a thousand points. x_x

Missis Beki
08-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Sometimes I don't like to play online just b/c everyone else is so good, and I'm not, since I've just gotten into online gaming. But I will persevere... until my free Gold account runs out.
Hey your'e a girl (no sh*t sherlock) sorry lol
If you ever want anyone to play online with (halo 3 especially) id be happy to play with you, im not great but who cares

On topic Im glad we have this little group going for two reasons, first it gives me the push to play and second i know that i have reliable people to boost with so thanks guys

Chaosflare
08-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey your'e a girl (no sh*t sherlock) sorry lol
If you ever want anyone to play online with (halo 3 especially) id be happy to play with you, im not great but who cares

On topic Im glad we have this little group going for two reasons, first it gives me the push to play and second i know that i have reliable people to boost with so thanks guys All the reason why I made this thread. xD

Bloody Countess
08-13-2008, 02:09 AM
I have been playing Gears online (which I completely suck at) with about 5 friends...simply because I suck and they don't care. I don't think I would just randomly join a game. I would not want my whole team mad at me and my suckiness. :D

Crimson Ridley
08-13-2008, 02:53 AM
I'd like to play with friends, but they never want to. I've found that I'm skilled at Single Player on games, but I just suck online, and it makes me feel stupid. So now I like to boost all online achievements, and then stick to what I do best. A lot of my friends play COD4, but the thing with me is, I beat a game, I move on to the next.

Raven1709
08-13-2008, 08:03 AM
So you kind of see you boys and girls what I was talking about. We all need some help and we all kind of suck at some parts of games. And we don't want to hoping on strangers. Allthough we all are strangers cause the most people haven't met. So that's why we started this group. And we are having a little bit of succes but with our social group active nw we should getting booming.