PDA

View Full Version : Dont you just hate people that dont turn up for a planned boosting session?

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Sorry but i have to vent a bit, I planned a boosting session for tonight i even stayed up late (4am) to accomodate the fact most people were in US time zones, and out of the 16 people that wanted to do it, only 7 responded as a yes for tonight and then even worse only 1 person showed up, admittedly a few turned up later but thats not the point.
i worked pretty hard to sort it so im really annoyed and i think i have the right to be.
so yeah pretty miffed off.
and if this is wrong place to post or shouldnt be posted at all then im sorry.
fell free to discuss failed boosting attempts and join me in my annoyance

A Satyr
08-10-2008, 03:10 AM
Did you get every bodies time zone right...

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Did you get every bodies time zone right...
yep i got it right, around 1 am my time = 5/6pm which was right.
im still on the game now and still only two people online and we need 8, everyone agreed and said they would be there

BlamelessSoul
08-10-2008, 04:21 AM
yeah that sucks but i would gladly take that over the people who show up, want to go first, then leave as soon as they get what they need. I would really like to take them out behind the wood shed.

Viroblade3
08-10-2008, 04:24 AM
yeah it sucks but ive had to miss one before so you just cant know all the time, sometimes things come up.

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 04:45 AM
yeah it sucks but ive had to miss one before so you just cant know all the time, sometimes things come up.
I understand things come up but it annoyed me that only two hours before boosting i messaged everyone and they all said they would be there.
it still stresses me out though

ostriker
08-10-2008, 04:56 AM
im sure you are the one that contacted me and i said i couldnt tonight, tommorow you will have 1 more to count for help

i am ghszeus incase you are wondering

pwjuggalo
08-10-2008, 06:45 AM
i have had many a boosting sessions that people have just not shown up for and i was so pissed, i just couldnt believe that they would volunteer to do it and then not show up , what gets me even more though is those who are online when you are supposed to be boosting but wont join the game or respond to messages...i have also had a few incidents where people show up i decide to be nice and let them go 1st they get their achievements and then magically they go offline the moment they get them, not sure who i want to strangle more but i know this it pisses me off just the same

JC
08-10-2008, 06:46 AM
It really angers me too! :(

I just want to get boosting out of the way quickly...

xENVxGAMERSKREW
08-10-2008, 07:57 AM
This happend to me a lot of times or they find another person to boost and its like niice why add me in the first place then?

I have missed like 3 in total
one cause I accidently forgot and got into a match and kept going at it vs some friends (for some reason i never look at the messages or popups when in a battle till im dead (if ;) )
The second one was because of a clan match I basically put priorities in to everything
the third one was cause I returned the game i rented after waiting a week without playing that game for 1 guy to do the boosting then he didnt show up that night so i returned it the next morning and he showed up at night (wanted to smak him over the head, but then i was like maybe he had something important.. u never know.)

Family
--
work
--
clan
--
boosting
--
XBL friends (regular playing)

Ruthless
08-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Take it your boosting for 8 people on Burnout: Paradise, well i know a few people that want to do it from the UK if you want in just say ; )

It will be 8pm onwards GMT well work out a day when we got the 8 people required.

Yes this pisses me off so much and when people fuck it up when its ur turn etc etc...

xRogue 5x
08-10-2008, 08:40 AM
One of the golden rules of boosting is that if something can go wrong it probably will.

I have pretty much moved on to only boosting with local friends or close xbox friends these days.

Xilynx
08-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Have you ever considered EARNING your achievements rather than "boosting" them? No disrespect intended.

xRogue 5x
08-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Have you considered not being a douche?

No disrespect intended.

Xilynx
08-10-2008, 08:59 AM
I just think that if you can't kill X amount of people or win X amount of matches or whatever the requirement may be, then you don't deserve the achievement. Hence the name 'achievement.' It's an accomplishment. What do you accomplish by winning a match or race that the other player isn't trying?

DJbruce
08-10-2008, 09:36 AM
What annoys me even more is when I help people they just go and dont help me :mad:. Happend to me 2 or 3 times.

Randomnutta
08-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Awwww Beki im sorry :( I knew I should have stayed up just in case
Xilynx its called team effort and as you can see its rather hard to get people on at the same time it IS still an achievement because you need to put the work in

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm so sorry Beki!! I know I told you I would be there but I just couldn't make it at 4 o'clock in the morning :). Even though I don't own a copy of Burnout Paradise I feel some what guilty (still need to get owned for GH3) But I was talking to other people yesterday with the same problem. We are thinking about starting are own little group of players that can play regular. Maybe you should start looking for people in your timezone.

Ruthless
08-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I just think that if you can't kill X amount of people or win X amount of matches or whatever the requirement may be, then you don't deserve the achievement. Hence the name 'achievement.' It's an accomplishment. What do you accomplish by winning a match or race that the other player isn't trying?

Please remind me again why you are on this site? This site is based around boosting... Like for instance i boosted the 1, 25, 50 flags on Blacksite, im wondering why i would ever attempt that legit... wait.. i wouldn't.

Consider yourself OWNED!!! :p

dda24
08-10-2008, 10:08 AM
It is also hard to even catch people on a lot of the games that you need multiplayer achievements in. And others you need people to get the achievement like in co-op games. And yes it is very frusterating when people get the achievement and then bounce before they help you get yours...

RFT 123
08-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I was gonna start boosting, but if this is what happens regularly, I'm not that sure any more.

Artamus
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Well the general idea is, that if you're from Europe, don't boost with americans. It just takes too much effort, and you'll probably find plenty of people from around Europe willing to boost.

I haven't boosted yet myself so i haven't experienced people not being there. :P

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Beki, but like Raven said me him and Chaosflare were talking last night and we was thinking of getting a small group together so we can boost some games now and again that way we will playing together for a while and it will be more reliable because we will be doing it alot and we will get to know each other which will make it easier. Let me know what you think.

dda24
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Hey now don't turn this into a brits vs american thing.. I have boosted with brits before and I love it because that is one of the things I love most about playing online is meeting people from all over the world.. Plus since I live in Japan I usually get to play with Brits more than Americans anyways.. Anyways it makes no difference who I play with since we are all gamers. But I do hear some good things about Europe and hope to make it over there fairly soon....

Well the general idea is, that if you're from Europe, don't boost with americans. It just takes too much effort, and you'll probably find plenty of people from around Europe willing to boost.

I haven't boosted yet myself so i haven't experienced people not being there. :P

Santa
08-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Don't you just hate boosters?

Tbh, staying up, for a game to boost seems a bit sad. I was at a party last night, and i would never stay up for anyone, especially in a different time zone.

Convercide
08-10-2008, 01:26 PM

Tbh, staying up, for a game to boost seems a bit sad. I was at a party last night, and i would never stay up for anyone, especially in a different time zone.

Why the hate?

Surely if someone enojys doing something and it doesn't affect other people, then what's the problem?

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 02:30 PM

If people like staying up and boosting then its up to them, i do it know and again but I tell the other boosters that i have to go at a certain time that way they know that i havent just quit and gone offline.

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Beki, but like Raven said me him and Chaosflare were talking last night and we was thinking of getting a small group together so we can boost some games now and again that way we will playing together for a while and it will be more reliable because we will be doing it alot and we will get to know each other which will make it easier. Let me know what you think.

im up for this send me a friend request mate

Yid1984
08-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Any1 wanna boost on prey right now? im hosting a deathmatch. Hit me up a FR 4 a invite :uzi:

ColossalKiller7
08-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Maybe it was just too late for everyone. 4 am I can't see straight, the people just got tired and got off probably. Try earlier next time. Good luck.

Artamus
08-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey now don't turn this into a brits vs american thing.. I have boosted with brits before and I love it because that is one of the things I love most about playing online is meeting people from all over the world.. Plus since I live in Japan I usually get to play with Brits more than Americans anyways.. Anyways it makes no difference who I play with since we are all gamers. But I do hear some good things about Europe and hope to make it over there fairly soon....
Sorry, i didn't mean to sound like it was Europe vs. USA, in fact i meant that the problem there is just the difference of the timezones (so these are just examples, boosting with people from China is just the same thing ). For a larger group of boosters it's just more beneficial to use people from a nearer timezone, since GMT-7 and GMT+2 boosting together are obviously going to cause uncomfortable situations for at least one of them ( one has to stay up late, or the other one has to play earlier, which is bad if he/she has a job ).
Peace.

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Maybe something happend to the people that didn't turn up,sometimes it's not their fault.

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 05:18 PM
As i said before i understand people have other commitments, i mean i do too im a single parent so at any time i could gave just pulled out
@ColossalKiller7 it was supposed to be from 12pm GMT which is like 4pm roughly in parts of the states but i said id stay up till 4am GMT so that it wasnt too late for my american counter parts.
the one guy that stayed up with me was actually scottish so i was thankful
@ all my friends its ok you wernt to know that it wouldnt work its cool
@Ruthless Potato yeah it is burnout paradise so ill send you a message or something

True I Skill
08-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Hm.. I Dont boost that much, The only times i do boost.. Is when some1 Messages me, and gives me the time.. And i agree on that time, Hm.. i always hate having to get every1 together online at the same time -.-

LOCKDOWN123
08-10-2008, 05:22 PM
This is why I only boost with my friends

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 05:28 PM
As i said before i understand people have other commitments, i mean i do too im a single parent so at any time i could gave just pulled out
@ColossalKiller7 it was supposed to be from 12pm GMT which is like 4pm roughly in parts of the states but i said id stay up till 4am GMT so that it wasnt too late for my american counter parts.
the one guy that stayed up with me was actually scottish so i was thankful
@ all my friends its ok you wernt to know that it wouldnt work its cool
@Ruthless Potato yeah it is burnout paradise so ill send you a message or something

When will you next be Boosting?Cause I would come and Boost on Burnout.

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 05:32 PM
When will you next be Boosting?Cause I would come and Boost on Burnout.
Im not sure tbh i still want to boost cos im really struggling to get the win an 8 player race but i feel dis-heartened

i was more than willing to help others last night, infact i helped one guy get atleast 5 achievements so it shows im a nice person lol

CyanideBreathMint
08-10-2008, 05:32 PM
S'true though, it's always best to stick with folks within your own territory when boosting because of this very thing...although there's noting to suggest it wouldn't happen if you had all UK gamers agreeing to come online to boost.

Sucks for sure and I do empathize as I've been on both sides of the boosting fence. To the plebs posting about anti-boosting, sod off. This thread (from what I can summize) wasn't made to hear your thoughts on boosting as a whole, it was rather quite specific in its topic.

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Im not sure tbh i still want to boost cos im really struggling to get the win an 8 player race but i feel dis-heartened

i was more than willing to help others last night, infact i helped one guy get atleast 5 achievements so it shows im a nice person lol

Well I'm usually up till about 7am GMT,don't know what time that would be in US.

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Well I'm usually up till about 7am GMT,don't know what time that would be in US.
Well im in the UK so it wouldnt matter to me what time it is in the US lol

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Well im in the UK so it wouldnt matter to me what time it is in the US lol

Oh I didn't know that lol,well guess it would be easyier for us to Boost.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
So how about it Beki? me raven, and chaosflare are going to start a group so we can boost now and again and plus the more we boost and play the more games we can boost together.

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
So how about it Beki? me raven, and chaosflare are going to start a group so we can boost now and again and plus the more we boost and play the more games we can boost together.

I would be interested in joining this Group.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I would be interested in joining this Group.
cool, i have another guy interested aswell, at least this way we get to play together more often and we are all reliable if we wanted to boost at anytime.

Sorry if im making this go of topic lol, just thought i would say about the group thing.

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 06:56 PM
cool, i have another guy interested aswell, at least this way we get to play together more often and we are all reliable if we wanted to boost at anytime.

Sorry if im making this go of topic lol, just thought i would say about the group thing.

Alright sounds cool mate,just send me a message whenever we are Boosting.

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 07:02 PM

dude i said i while back iwant in on this please

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 07:06 PM

I'm sure you will be able to join,the more people we have the better!

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:07 PM
yh and i said in a couple posts below that, "another guy said he wanted to join", and that guy was you.

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
i agree lol it will be good to have a few regular boosters

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Cool so what Games are we going to be Boosting on?

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Because I want about a 4 to 8 group of people there are really wanting to help other and not just themselves please be so kind as to sent me a PM. Because I already have Beki in my list she is one of the people that is certain also Evilestbean and me have history and Choasfire was the person to start the thread. So feel free if you are really serious about helping out other people.

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Because I want about a 4 to 8 group of people there are really wanting to help other and not just themselves please be so kind as to sent me a PM. Because I already have Beki in my list she is one of the people that is certain also Evilestbean and me have history and Choasfire was the person to start the thread. So feel free if you are really serious about helping out other people.

Ok I'll add you now.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
also this wouldnt be a one of, this is going to be a regular group of boosters and if you need help on a certain game then feel free to message us. Also only join if you are reliable and want to be a part of this.

[Waggly Bean]
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
This boosting group sounds good, especially if it's specifically aimed at UK gamers to make things easier timewise.

Maybe you should create a group in 'Social Groups' for it? I know there's already a couple of groups for specific games, but maybe a 'UK boosters' group?

Anyway, I'd be interested in joining although I may not be able to do much boosting right away as I'm going to be busy this coming week. Love the idea though of having a regular group to boost with that you know you can trust to not walk out on you before you get your achievements!

I also don't have Burnout Paradise, but I'd happily get in on any future games that could be boosted for. I think a social group would be the perfect way to arrange the time/game details! :)

Heroine923
08-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I'll be on Live either tonight or Tuesday so feel free to add me guys. GT: XELiTEx HuStLa

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 07:17 PM
yeh a social group sounds cool then we can all see who we have

Artamus
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
I wonder if it's UK only or do you take people from GMT+2/3 as well ?

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 07:21 PM

depends wot time you r on till i guess dude

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Yh thats good, im from UK but im free everyday until 2am ( still looking for a job lol ) also you dont have to boost at the same time, some people might be unavailable in which case we will just have to do it another night, also some games will only need a few people so we can boost when we want, and say if one person is busy at least we still have other people in the group we can get to join the particular game if they have it.

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm not targetting people from one county. I agree it would be best if we all are in the same timezone, but it is not a requirement. Just have a lot of unfinished online games that need help. It also helps if you still own these games or are easy to come by.

Artamus
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, during summer i'm almost always available, but during schooltime i'm probably not on much. But i don't have any boostworthy games right now :P
If i ever get some, i'll join :D

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
i have all the your more popular online games gow, halo, bfbc and many more games im starting em again so im gonna need to boost evrything due to the new tag lol

[Waggly Bean]
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM

I wouldn't have thought that would make too much difference. I think it would just have to be a case of playing at UK times as most of the group would be from the UK, so so long as you don't mind being 2/3 hours out it'd be ok.

It's not really like the difference between American and British time, so I doubt it would cause too much trouble. :)

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, during summer i'm almost always available, but during schooltime i'm probably not on much. But i don't have any boostworthy games right now :P
If i ever get some, i'll join :D
I was looking at your sig and it says currently achieving : The orange Box, ive got that to and need some achievements for Team Fortress 2, i could help you get some on that aswell.

P.S Im soooo sorry if this has gone of topic.

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 07:38 PM
It is really off topic. Beki had a problem and we are solving it. Easy as that.

Fawkes what was you old gamertag? I'll have a look what games you have.

Waggly Bean do you own all the games in your GT and do you have more also PM if you are willing to join.

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
It is really off topic. Beki had a problem and we are solving it. Easy as that.

Fawkes what was you old gamertag? I'll have a look what games you have.

Waggly Bean do you own all the games in your GT and do you have more also PM if you are willing to join.
Raven mate i sent you a friend request.

vI Starlight Iv
08-10-2008, 07:41 PM
TVM Evolution mate i stopped using it a few months ago i have traded a few of those games in tho

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
:eek:You hijacked my rant
but i dont care you are helping me sort my problem, yeah cheers raven hun im in but i dont have that many games in regard to boosting but always glad to help where i can and if needed i can rent

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
:eek:You hijacked my rant
but i dont care you are helping me sort my problem, yeah cheers raven hun im in but i dont have that many games in regard to boosting but always glad to help where i can and if needed i can rent
yh soz about that becki i guess i started that lol, but yh i have tons of games so i can help mostly all the time.

Tenacious
08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Beki, I'm sorry and I feel really guilty. Something came up and I had to go fix it. I'll be happy to boost with you ANYTIME I'm online. Just hit me up. I need all the 2 person Burnout challenges anyway :)

Missis Beki
08-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Beki, I'm sorry and I feel really guilty. Something came up and I had to go fix it. I'll be happy to boost with you ANYTIME I'm online. Just hit me up. I need all the 2 person Burnout challenges anyway :)
its cool u were one of the people that came on later so rant wasnt at you

Raven1709
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Sorry wrong message.

And also sorry Beki, haven't found you a lot of Burnout Racer. But be sure that I won't stop until I get them for you. Even if I have to buy the game myself

[Waggly Bean]
08-10-2008, 08:07 PM

I do own all the games in my tag, plus loads more. I've got about 50 - 60 games total. I'm about to PM you now!

Plus, I think the initial idea for 7 to 8 people is out the window - I think you will get a lot more offers for this group! :)

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Im thinking of making this my next game along with Bejing 2008 and Condemned 2. I have well over 100 games i counted them the other night lol.

Artamus
08-10-2008, 08:26 PM
And suddenly the rant of people not coming to boost when promised turned into a boosting group thread. :P

EvilestBean
08-10-2008, 08:39 PM
And suddenly the rant of people not coming to boost when promised turned into a boosting group thread. :P
yep lol you got that bang on.

ArmyOfPie
08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
That's pretty lame that they didn't show up. :(

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Well I'll be on Live tomorrow so I'll send you all Friend Request's and we can start Boosting.

Raven1709
08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
For now we are still looking dor three more players. Missis Beki still didn't any conformation:).

vI Starlight Iv
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
For now we are still looking dor three more players. Missis Beki still didn't any conformation:).

its good to be in what members we have so ican send fr

BlamelessSoul
08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
well you got to factor some achievments are gonna be impossible like godlike in shadowrun. With selfish gamers you will never get a legitimate oppourtunity to kill all 6 of the other teams players without taking any damagew friendly or unfriendly.... so if you want the 1000 points you gotta do what you gotta do.

xxEquilibriumxx
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I have set up many boosting sessions. All mine have been successful. Why you ask. because if a game requires 16 I try and get 25. If by some chance all 25 want in I ask who in this room has things to do in an hr? Those people that say they got things to do I will keep an eye on the clock and those people usually go in the middle. When they leave I'll replace them with whoever else is left online. As for the people that go first or ask to go first I just tell them I draw names out of a hat. I can usually count on around 30% of the people that say they can come to not show.

Raven1709
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
We just want to keep it a little casual. I don't want to be adding just people for a few achievemets and then cut them loose. I just want to be able to play the same people in the same games. I don't want to be telling everyone be here at this hour. I just want to prevent what Beki was saying. It should be fun hunting for online achievements and even more fun with friends you can trust in stead of people that just look out for themselves and leave you hanging.

Missis Beki
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I have set up many boosting sessions. All mine have been successful. Why you ask. because if a game requires 16 I try and get 25. If by some chance all 25 want in I ask who in this room has things to do in an hr? Those people that say they got things to do I will keep an eye on the clock and those people usually go in the middle. When they leave I'll replace them with whoever else is left online. As for the people that go first or ask to go first I just tell them I draw names out of a hat. I can usually count on around 30% of the people that say they can come to not show.
My game required 8 including myself i had 16 people lined up only 3 showed up, figure that one, comes down to it those other 13 were unreliable which is why i like what ravens doing, this way we know who we are boosting with and when

EvilestBean
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
My game required 8 including myself i had 16 people lined up only 3 showed up, figure that one, comes down to it those other 13 were unreliable which is why i like what ravens doing, this way we know who we are boosting with and when
raven AND me lol;)

Raven1709
08-11-2008, 11:59 PM
And Beki and Chaosflare.

EvilestBean
08-12-2008, 02:17 AM
And Beki and Chaosflare.
soz if im sounding out of order i didnt mean it like that

Chaosflare
08-12-2008, 02:26 AM
soz if im sounding out of order i didnt mean it like that I have no problem with it. ^^

Raven1709
08-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Well let's just say a lot of people had a rigth idea and the right problems that needed fixing. But is working a bit for now. Now we need to get it rolling.

EvilestBean
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Well let's just say a lot of people had a rigth idea and the right problems that needed fixing. But is working a bit for now. Now we need to get it rolling.
yep, lets get this thing rolling.

vI Starlight Iv
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
yep, lets get this thing rolling.

yeh lets do it

DevilGuy
08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
yeah that sucks but i would gladly take that over the people who show up, want to go first, then leave as soon as they get what they need. I would really like to take them out behind the wood shed.

Everyone kept doing that to me in Halo, when I was getting Overkill. After a while I was so mad then I convinced them to let me go first, got my achievement then quit the game. :D

vI Starlight Iv
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Everyone kept doing that to me in Halo, when I was getting Overkill. After a while I was so mad then I convinced them to let me go first, got my achievement then quit the game. :D

lol........revenge is sweet

Raven1709
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
But not something we are promoting with our team Fawkes:p

I don't get why people would act that way. If you make a commitment you honour it. If not why even bother if all you do is being selfish.

EvilestBean
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
But not something we are promoting with our team Fawkes:p

I don't get why people would act that way. If you make a commitment you honour it. If not why even bother if all you do is being selfish.
cheers for helping me get some of the achievements on Lost Planet Raven i appreciate it mate :). Im definatly going to help you get all the online achievements on Halo 3 I also need some online achievements, ive got some but not all lol.

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Do any of you need the online achievements for Prey? I'm thinking of doing some boosting in that soon. Not sure when I'll be free yet, but I also haven't checked who does and doesn't have Prey!

I suggested to Raven that we could do with some way of keeping a list of games we want to boost somewhere, so we can easily compare without having to go through each others gamertags separately. Especially as I've got lots of games I haven't even put into my 360 yet, so aren't on my gt at all!

I still think a social group is a good idea - I'm pretty sure you can make them private too if you wanted to. I know you can't edit your posts in the social groups, so making lists in there is probably not the best idea, but for arranging possible boosting times, maybe?

Also I suppose we could always put these lists in our gamertag bio if we wanted to...

Anyway, just some ideas to think about... :)

Raven1709
08-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Read your PM's, Waggly. We started the group already hahahahaha.

And Evil, no worries mate that's why we made this group.

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh yeah I see it - but I never got an invite!!!

I've checked my PMs - nothing new there....

I'm offended!! :(

:p

Hammer 5O2
08-13-2008, 09:11 AM
people have to learn to commit to their boosting sessions and make sure they will be there if they say they are. i know things in real life come up but a commitment is a commitment so people gotta learn to commit to a session if they say they are.

Raven1709
08-13-2008, 10:09 AM
;1073148']Oh yeah I see it - but I never got an invite!!!

I've checked my PMs - nothing new there....

I'm offended!! :(

:p

You didnt get an invitation YET!!! If you read the PM I sent you, you would know why:). Deal with that first and then I'll invent you of course:p

Heroine923
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I haven't got my Internet back on at my house yet,I should be on by next week or Earlyer(I hope).

Santa
08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Why the hate?

Surely if someone enojys doing something and it doesn't affect other people, then what's the problem?
Oh yes, lets stay up all night so we can kill each other for a few points.

Don't get me wrong, achievement points really do show off how cool a person are.

I say that with an ounce of sarcasm.

Raven1709
08-13-2008, 05:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, achievement points really do show off how cool a person are.

Yes that is all I see you doing. Trying to piss people off. What is your problem? Why do you keep on going on like this. Are you that pathetic???

Missis Beki
08-13-2008, 05:50 PM

So what if i do decide to stay up most of the night its not affecting you personally is it?
So what if i want to get my score up its something im proud of.
Its something i enjoy doing and if you dont like it then suck a fat one.

Don't get me wrong, bitching at someone for something they enjoy really does show off how cool a person is.

I say that with an ounce of sarcasm

Gyouseki_Puro
08-13-2008, 06:49 PM
yea i hate it when they dont show up and when they do, they get their achievements then leave... makes me mad

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
You didnt get an invitation YET!!! If you read the PM I sent you, you would know why:). Deal with that first and then I'll invite you of course:p
I've read all my PMs, I'm confused. I'm PMing you about it!

Santa stop being a dick for once. If you don't want to boost you don't have to, nobody is forcing you to do anything. And seeing as this thread is all about boosting (and has turned into a thread arranging a boosting group) why are you even bothering to post in it, let alone trying to insult everyone else posting in it? Grow up.

vI Starlight Iv
08-13-2008, 08:30 PM
woy a dick santa is people make choices, your a big man who comes on this website and pokes fun at boosters nice one

mentaljason
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I see this thread has kind of changed from the original topic, but just going bak for a bit, backups never actually BACKUP the group and there is always a few people who dont show so if the backup bothered to do their job they would have their achievement!

Raven1709
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Finally some sense. Mentaljason, hero of the day. NO SARCASM.

I understand where you are coming from. If you don't want to help don't. If you need it help the others as well.

Santa
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
So what if i do decide to stay up most of the night its not affecting you personally is it?
So what if i want to get my score up its something im proud of.
Its something i enjoy doing and if you dont like it then suck a fat one.

Don't get me wrong, bitching at someone for something they enjoy really does show off how cool a person is.

I say that with an ounce of sarcasm
Enjoy staying up all night to boost? Wow, i love socially active people.

"woy a dick santa is people make choices, your a big man who comes on this website and pokes fun at boosters nice one" Can you give me a bit more grammar i'm kind of confused on what 'woy' is, is it what, wow or whatever? And what does 'santa is people make choices' please explain.

"Santa stop being a dick for once. If you don't want to boost you don't have to, nobody is forcing you to do anything. And seeing as this thread is all about boosting (and has turned into a thread arranging a boosting group) why are you even bothering to post in it, let alone trying to insult everyone else posting in it? Grow up" Well you see, someone has to have the dick, so thanks.

And if i made a very specific thread, you'd probably feel the same. Instead of saying Don't you just hate people that don't show up, but instead you made it too specific. So yeah i'm not agreeing with boosting, especially not at night, i mean why would you stay up? I don't really see the need to grab a maximium of 50 points.

[Waggly Bean]
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Enjoy staying up all night to boost? Wow, i love socially active people.

"woy a dick santa is people make choices, your a big man who comes on this website and pokes fun at boosters nice one" Can you give me a bit more grammar i'm kind of confused on what 'woy' is, is it what, wow or whatever? And what does 'santa is people make choices' please explain.

"Santa stop being a dick for once. If you don't want to boost you don't have to, nobody is forcing you to do anything. And seeing as this thread is all about boosting (and has turned into a thread arranging a boosting group) why are you even bothering to post in it, let alone trying to insult everyone else posting in it? Grow up" Well you see, someone has to have the dick, so thanks.

And if i made a very specific thread, you'd probably feel the same. Instead of saying Don't you just hate people that don't show up, but instead you made it too specific. So yeah i'm not agreeing with boosting, especially not at night, i mean why would you stay up? I don't really see the need to grab a maximium of 50 points.

What don't know how to multi-quote? :p

Anyway, the point is, if someone makes a thread and you disagree with its content, it doesn't give you the right to come and insult everyone in it. Again, if you don't like it, don't post, go find somewhere where your idiotic comments are appreciated.

Oh and "someone has to have the dick"? That's so mature. What a clever guy you are. Bet your mom's proud of you.

Santa
08-14-2008, 09:50 AM
;1075608']What don't know how to multi-quote? :p

Anyway, the point is, if someone makes a thread and you disagree with its content, it doesn't give you the right to come and insult everyone in it. Again, if you don't like it, don't post, go find somewhere where your idiotic comments are appreciated.

Oh and "someone has to have the dick"? That's so mature. What a clever guy you are. Bet your mom's proud of you.
Multi quote? Yes but i have real stuff to do, i don't have the time to listen.

Did i insult everyone? Perhaps, i was asking why you would want to do it, the last i checked a forum is a place of Democracy, where everyone can post what they want.

I know it's mature.

Raven1709
08-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Who says the group is staying up all night to gain an extra 50 points. We are a group that help out each other with achievements that are hard to get on there own. So yes if you have a problem with helping people get hard achievements it is your right. It is your right to speak your mind. But it is your way of speech that offends people. But that is not your problem. As long as you feel the might of the internet anonymity you would continue your rant on this subject. So please be so kind as to make your own thread on your side of boosting and leave us be.

Heroine923
08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Look's like Santa got Banned.:woop:

Missis Beki
08-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Good he deserves it, he had replied in a few threads of mine (think he was stalking me) and he never had anything nice to say
does that mean he cant come back on the forums ever?

Bax x360a
08-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Good he deserves it, he had replied in a few threads of mine (think he was stalking me) and he never had anything nice to say
does that mean he cant come back on the forums ever?Depends whether he got a temporary or permanent ban...

Artamus
08-14-2008, 06:07 PM
The first ban is 3 days.
Second i can't remember but i think it was 10 days.
Third is permanent ( AKA not one year, but forever or until lifted ).

Missis Beki
08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Either way maybe he'll nice when he comes back.
Heres to hoping

[Waggly Bean]
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM

Heh heh I wonder if it was due to this thread or another one he posted annoying things in. I've seen him posting before and often thought his responses were a bit arsey. Lets hope he comes back as a new friendly Santa! :p

EDIT: Funny, was a completely different thread that got him banned. :p

Minty:
"Santa also got an infraction (resulting in a timeout) for spam."
(Source - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86270)

Guessing he's received a few infractions before then! ;)

Raven1709
08-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Just kick him out. He's nothing then trouble.

Crimson Ridley
08-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I've never organised a big planned boosting session, but I did join a game on Turning Point and talked everyone into boosting with me, all was going great, everyone knew when it was their turn. Then you get the one arsehole who decides it's his turn, which causes a riot and everyone does what they want. It took me about 10 minutes to get it back to normal. So I hate people who don't listen or get impatient.

And I have also had people who have gotton their achievement and ran before, which pisses me off so much.
I'd never do that, I boosted with people on Blacksite for the 50 Wins, I got mine first but sat there for another 100 wins to help the guys out, when I could of just ran and never see them again.

Raven1709
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM
I've never organised a big planned boosting session, but I did join a game on Turning Point and talked everyone into boosting with me, all was going great, everyone knew when it was their turn. Then you get the one arsehole who decides it's his turn, which causes a riot and everyone does what they want. It took me about 10 minutes to get it back to normal. So I hate people who don't listen or get impatient.

And I have also had people who have gotton their achievement and ran before, which pisses me off so much.
I'd never do that, I boosted with people on Blacksite for the 50 Wins, I got mine first but sat there for another 100 wins to help the guys out, when I could of just ran and never see them again.

And like I messaged you we are a group of people who are fed up as well. We stick or come back. One way or another

EvilestBean
08-15-2008, 12:20 PM
wow, i missed alot in this thread lol, wish i could of said something to that idiot.

Raven1709
08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Don't even bother. He's not worth it.