PDA

View Full Version : Hacking Rock Band save(for a fair reason)

GamerBR
08-10-2008, 03:57 AM
My old HDD broken and I had a backup of all my saves on the PC,after transfering all the data to the new HDD(the old one was 20GB,the new is 120GB),all the saves worked fine,but the Rock Band one(it gives an error while loading the file,but all the DLC content is listed and works fine).I know people hack the save to get 100% of achievements,I don't want that,I just want to hack it so I'm able to get the save I had before.The problem appears to be that the content is locked to the HDD,there is probably a way to bypass this,does anyone know any?

xCOBRAx
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
three things....

1. welcome to the site
2. this kind of subject matter is something that is relatively discouraged on this site, so i would reccommend googling it and find another site that deals with that kind of stuff
3. this is a question that belongs in the tech forum too

AlphaXGamerXDad
08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you can contact Microsoft about migrating your downloads. I know I remember them talking about doing it, but I'm not sure if it's been implemented. Any hacking you were planning to do however, won't be accepted here, like xCOBRAx said.

D3adcell86
08-11-2008, 02:37 AM
The rockband file is probably corrupt, you will just have to start over.

Netnabi4
08-11-2008, 02:43 AM
If all you care about is you DLC then you can just redownload it. It's free now that you've already paid for it. If it's a score then I would bet money that if you play and work at it you'll get that score back in no time.