PDA

View Full Version : This is Getting Too Easy

Seraph Metatron
08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
So when I first unlocked the deity achievements, it was pretty difficult for me. The difficulty of the computer was a shock. I have been working through deity on all of the characters and it is just getting too easy. I mean I got all four types of victories with the Egyptians by 1810AD, I mean even a technological victory. Perhaps Deity is not as challenging as the designers first thought. Maybe they could create a difficulty level where your warriors are penalized (basically the opposite of the bonuses you get for chieftain and warlord)

A Satyr
08-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Do tell how you got those victory's with the Egyptians?

Mad Man
08-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Do tell how you got those victory's with the Egyptians?

SO how u do it?

Fruhmann360
08-11-2008, 11:39 AM
maybe you're just too good.

Seraph Metatron
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
I rush similar to the strategy in the guide with blitzkrieg. With an extra city or two (three if you are lucky), I rush technology. Bronze working to get archers (make archer armies). Rush to democracy, switch governments, then rush to knights. I don't even get basic techs like ceremonial burial or pottery until after I get knights. With knights I can usually take out 2-3 of the 3-4 remaining civs, then rush combustion and destroy them with tanks. When I get close to tanks, I rush Leonardo's Workshop to upgrade all my archers to rifleman and knights to tanks.

I essence, when I get the rush going, I find the enemy civs building warriors/legions/archers, etc. They are more focused on production then anything else. I usually would get combustion by 1600AD, occasionally the enemies don't even have techs like literacy. At that point the game is over. The egyptians were actually the easiest for that particular game for two reasons. One, there was a lot of desert squares that match, so they helped with that. But second, you start with a wonder and I got the oracle. That was a great wonder to start with because it kept me from making battle errors. Anyways that's how I did it, now that I have a strategy like this it really is getting pretty easy.

OldWIKI TIK
08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I have found that deity level is not as hard as expected until you try full-length games. A bit tougher then. What I have found real nice is the GOTW. I am decent at the game and all, but want something more. Try that, only problem I have with GOTW is no saves....... at least I don't know how to save. :/

Seraph Metatron
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah, without saves that does increase the difficulty. You make a mistake, no going back.