PDA

View Full Version : Does the wireless Mic Work?

True I Skill
08-11-2008, 12:03 AM
ive been looking into this.. My wire mics always break, and leave me strugling holding the wire to talk to my friends while i play, If i get a wireless mic.. Does it break as easily?.. Also how does it connect to the controller? Is there a thing i can plug into the bottom Of your controller? Coz i wouldnt want to be pressing the button on the mic on my ear all the time to turn mic off and on..

Last question.. Can people hear me?.. My mic always needs to be close to my mouth or my friends say they cant hear me properly.. ive looked at this mic, and the mic looks like it will only make it to my cheek :S Unless it extends?.. When talking down the mic will people be able to hear me?

Female Ninja
08-11-2008, 12:08 AM
I had one that just stopped working all of a sudden for no reason at all, so I don't know if it is that reliable...but everything comes in great, and you don't have to worry about people not hearing you, because it picks up everything....

Chaosflare
08-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Hmm... I was actually considering getting a wireless headset for a while, but is it really any better than having a wired? Is it really any different outside of the wired/wireless status?

Female Ninja
08-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Hmm... I was actually considering getting a wireless headset for a while, but is it really any better than having a wired? Is it really any different outside of the wired/wireless status?

I like the fact that I can get up and talk without taking my controller...

Chaosflare
08-11-2008, 12:20 AM
I like the fact that I can get up and talk without taking my controller...
Hmm... I guess I might as well be sticking with my wired headset for now, as I barely get up when I play; outside of answering the door.

Xilynx
08-11-2008, 12:28 AM
The wireless headset comes highly recommended from me. I purchased it a long time ago and never looked back. It is comfortable, light, and sounds good. When it dies and I have to go back to the boom mic, I hate it.

I'm a wireless whore, though, so for what it's worth make sure you get a Microsoft headset. I've only had bad experiences with 3rd party accessories. Hope this helps.

laundryman
08-11-2008, 12:31 AM
I use the wireless and love it. I like both styles, but the wirless is good. If you are thinking about buying one, you should. It's good.

LOCKDOWN123
08-11-2008, 12:32 AM
I prefer the wired one, I have had so many wireless one's break down on me and only the one wired one

darquesyde
08-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I was thinking about getting one too, but does the "mute" button on it mute your mic and earpiece audio or just the mic part?

Reason I ask is that I use the wired headset and play at night with the tv sound down while my g/f is asleep. I mute my mic but like to hear what is going on if I'm on playing a team game. But I don't want to have the mic on so everyone can hear me breathing.

Lancer Evolution
08-11-2008, 12:58 AM
^^^^
It only mutes your mic, not the audio.

I have one and it is way better than wired. I highly recommended it, you can walk around (around 15 feet from your xbox). I can go grab a drink, go to the restroom, etc.

ColossalKiller7
08-11-2008, 12:58 AM
I'll sum it up by saying it's excellent, till it breaks. Which it always will.

True I Skill
08-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Hmm.. Every1 says its good, So i think il get it.. But most of you say it breaks.. does it just break normaly? Or would i have to drop it, Or SMASH IT ON MY DESK, for it to break?.. Also how long will it take to break if it just breaks normaly.. I wouldnt want to be paying out 30pound every 4 months for one of these..

Chaosflare
08-11-2008, 01:08 AM
I'll sum it up by saying it's excellent, till it breaks. Which it always will.
And how long would it take for this to happen? What would it entail?

Ben Sharpe
08-11-2008, 01:11 AM
I have had a Halo 3 one from the day it was released and tbh I have never had one problem with it, I would recommend it, it is a great bit of kit.

kiwi18
08-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Wireless is so much better then wired. It doesn't break easily as all the wired ones do. It works like a charm. Just make sure you have a wired one around so after 3-4 hours of continuous talk on the wireless, you can charge it.

dtolley
08-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I will not buy another wireless again. I bought one about 6 months ago and used it approx 10 hours. It just shut off one day & never came back on. If I try to charge it, no lights come on, it's just dead. So, a few weeks ago, my wife buys me a new one. I charge it up, use it for a couple hours, and guess what... same thing happened. I can't get either of them to turn on or take a charge. I'll stick with the wired from now on, because they are so much cheaper and I have only had one that broke. (and it was my fault it broke, I forgot it was laying in my chair and I sat on it. lol)

ColossalKiller7
08-11-2008, 02:24 AM
I will not buy another wireless again. I bought one about 6 months ago and used it approx 10 hours. It just shut off one day & never came back on. If I try to charge it, no lights come on, it's just dead. So, a few weeks ago, my wife buys me a new one. I charge it up, use it for a couple hours, and guess what... same thing happened. I can't get either of them to turn on or take a charge. I'll stick with the wired from now on, because they are so much cheaper and I have only had one that broke. (and it was my fault it broke, I forgot it was laying in my chair and I sat on it. lol)
The exact same thing happened to me twice. I called Support and they told me to send it in for like $40. Faulty product.

madgamer544
08-11-2008, 02:50 AM
i have a wireless mic now, and its been working great for me, probably had it for at least a month by now. I would highly recommend them, people can hear me fine, its not uncomfortable, i dont accidentally rip it off, the only bad thing is it loses connection to your controller if you get more than like 30 feet away from it, but i love my wireless mic

BL33DtheDREAM
08-11-2008, 06:52 AM
No joke, had a wireless mic, for about one month and after that it wouldn't not power on at all. i left it on charge for days and days and nodda. Stick with the wired mic. Ten times better.

RFT 123
08-11-2008, 09:20 AM
My wireless mike would connect to the 360, but you couldn't hear anything.

LOCKDOWN123
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I think the wired one is just much more reliable

ColossalKiller7
08-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I think by reading most of the posts I can sum up what everyone is trying to say:

It's cooler than the wired

Not reliable at all

Breaks way too easy

I have had my share of wireless mics, 2, and just like everyone else, one day you turn it on and it is unresponsive. Personally, I would nevery buy another one.

danbarney
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I've had a wireless headset for over a year now and haven't had any problems at all.:woop:

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 02:55 PM
If you ask me I think there rubbish!Mine broke after a week,if I was you I would stick to the Wired Headset.

True I Skill
08-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Hm.. Every1 has mixxed Opinions, I Think i will buy it seeing as ive never had one.. And il try keep it as safe as Possible, If it breaks. Il try get my money back at the shop, If i cant then il just stick to Wired headsets ;(

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Hm.. Every1 has mixxed Opinions, I Think i will buy it seeing as ive never had one.. And il try keep it as safe as Possible, If it breaks. Il try get my money back at the shop, If i cant then il just stick to Wired headsets ;(

Even if you do take care of them,they still break.I never dropped mine or anything and it broke.:(

Pheonix_Assassin
08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
ermm i doubt they would break

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
ermm i doubt they would break

It's just my opinion,but I think there shit and they break way too easy.

[Waggly Bean]
08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
To be fair when I worked in a videogame shop, I don't think we ever had one returned, and people tried to return almost everything else! :p

I've never tried it as I don't really mind using wired, but if you fancy it and have the money to splash out I'd say go for it!

Also, one of the guys who I worked with had one, and he loved it. :)

dm master
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
ive got the wireless one have had it for ages and have had very little trouble

the one thing wrong is that occationally everyone else hears loud static and i have to turn it off and on again to fix it.

it connects straight to the console and the buttons are on your ear (voloume mute etc) but they are easy to use

vI Starlight Iv
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
my experiences are bad it doesnt work and it sucks battery power fast