PDA

View Full Version : More classic rock dlc...anybody?

darosa321
08-11-2008, 06:19 AM
is it just me or does there need to be more classic rock to download, maybe more rush, acdc, van halen idk. But I was wondering what you guys wanted to see?

nightmare975
08-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Not another dlc topic >_>

Have enough Rush, need ACDC, never will get Van Halen.

edd__
08-11-2008, 12:36 PM
It's just you.

What a pointless topic. Everyone has different tastes and HMX are offering a huge range and trying to suit everyone. Hell i heard through the grapevine that some nerdcore hip hop might turn up soon a lá MC Frontalot.

darosa321
08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Man its nice to see so many nice ppl on here...

TwistedFate
08-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Hell i heard through the grapevine that some nerdcore hip hop might turn up soon a lá MC Frontalot.

I don't think it should be in Rock Band, but some MC Frontalot or MC Chris would totally rock.

I would soooooooooo love to hear Sharon sing Fett's Vette. :woop:

YouTube - MC Chris - Fett's Vette Music Video

sharonoagain
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Hahaa, you know I would too!! :p

*wikki wikki wikki*

edd__
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Rumour has it that this is the Frontalot track: linky linky (http://www.last.fm/music/MC+Frontalot/_/Livin%2527%2BAt%2BThe%2BCorner%2BOf%2BDude%2B%2526 %2BCatastrophe)

I actually am quite intrigued, love the drums in it, and the chorus sounds very Beck-esque, if it's true i'm pretty sure i'll buy it. Not a fan of this sort of music per se, but this song sounds pretty great.

CriscoDisco878
08-11-2008, 10:55 PM
you can never have enough rush, they are the perfect band for rock band amazing drummer, amazing guitarist and a good singer, they are good. i would love to see van halen, definately acdc also i would go crazy if they did a queen pack, queen on rock band would be amazing

darosa321
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
you can never have enough rush, they are the perfect band for rock band amazing drummer, amazing guitarist and a good singer, they are good. i would love to see van halen, definately acdc also i would go crazy if they did a queen pack, queen on rock band would be amazing

Thank you, all i was trying to get at was who would you like to see in rock band, not who needs to be in rockband. I love the rockband tracks and they have done so much for all different music fans. Queen would be amazing :). They have so many songs that would work well in rock band.

nightmare975
08-11-2008, 11:55 PM
I said no Van Halen seeing that they have been contracted by GH. :(

darosa321
08-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Have they really?!?! is there a way you can see you GH has signed to a contract?

Poisonheadcrab
08-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Yeah, sadly Van Halen, Aerosmith and now Metallica are signed on to GH:WT (but If I'm correct Metallica got a song in RB2 before said signing).

I'm happy to see Linkin' Park, Duran Duran, Journey and Kansas in this game...but in MY mind, Godsmack would be the bomb. I Stand Alone all de way!

darosa321
08-12-2008, 04:39 AM
so is rush signed to rockband or are they nuetral?

edd__
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM
afaik no one is signed to Rock Band. It's just the arses that are GH that crave the exclusivity because they know it'll be so hard for them to compete otherwise.

Personally i'd love to see some Jeff Buckley DLC, amongst others. There's loads of bands i'd love to be able to play but i think i would literally cry if they managed to get Grace, either the song or the whole album.

CriscoDisco878
08-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Thank you, all i was trying to get at was who would you like to see in rock band, not who needs to be in rockband. I love the rockband tracks and they have done so much for all different music fans. Queen would be amazing :). They have so many songs that would work well in rock band.

you are welcome, i love classic rock, i wish it was all classic, i cant stand some of these modern bands like disturbed, slipknot, and all those bands that dont even play real music. i think they should do a journey pack as well. . . . .

SoaringEagle
08-13-2008, 01:14 AM
im just wondering how some ppl are getting FREE DLC when i have to pay for all my songs and have absolutely nothing free on my dlc list

edd__
08-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Who gets free DLC?
There's two tracks that are free. And there was 9 tracks that came free with the EU version, trying to make up for our months of waiting.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
you are welcome, i love classic rock, i wish it was all classic, i cant stand some of these modern bands like disturbed, slipknot, and all those bands that dont even play real music. i think they should do a journey pack as well. . . . .
...........wow

CriscoDisco878
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
...........wow

hahaha, i love that reaction out of people when i tell them i hate modern music.

SaCkaveli20
08-14-2008, 03:54 AM
If HMX was smart, they would throw as much money as they could at AC/DC to get them exclusive.
And offer Zeppelin $40,100,923,399,933.99 for a track pack..lol
(joking..^..obviously)

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I like AC DC too but not a lot of classic rock

sleepynow
08-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Personally, I like catchy songs with a good melody. " I love the dead" by Alice Cooper is a good example. It seems that alot of bands from the past 10 years or so have forgotten about the art of songwriting, so I can't really get into the "new" stuff. Although , My Chemical Romance is really good. Not a fan of hip hop,etc. As long as Rock Band can continue to give me a fun experience with my friends I will keep playing it, and buying the dlc I like. Sure would like some Alice, though... So I agree with Crisco Disco!

irishoh
09-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I think we definitely need some more classic rock, and a better selection of more current rock. I'd mess my drawers over some Floyd or Zeppelin (although I hear Zeppelin would never hand over their masters). Other classics i'd love: More Allman Brothers, Jethro Tull, Cream, Zappa, early Santana, Blind Faith, Traffic, and later Beatles (Abbey road, Let it Be, the White Album etc...) More recent artists: Primus, Cake, Jane's Addiction, The Racontours, and above all else, the two bands I'd love to play are Phish and the Black Keys

edd__
09-24-2008, 11:16 PM
If you're going Beatles, it'd have to be something from Revolver or The White Album. I'm thinking Back in the USSR or Doctor Robert

SebastianSB
09-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Man its nice to see so many nice ppl on here...

When you troll a single game's forum for a long time all the repeating topics and questions slowly drive you insane :woop:

sharonoagain
09-25-2008, 01:56 AM
For some of us, it's a short drive. :rolleyes:

SebastianSB
09-25-2008, 03:22 AM
well...at least you save gas I guess. That's important these days.