PDA

View Full Version : Playing Offline and Achievement Dates

Flesseck214
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Pardon me if this has been posted before. So after playing for so long, I just realized that when you unlock achievements when you're not logged onto Xbox Live, your achievements won't come with the dates that you unlocked them. They'll just say "Acquired". This isn't really too big of a deal for me, but I wouldn't mind having dates attached to most if not all of my achievements. So my question was, is there any way to have attached dates on unlocked achievements while playing offline? Or is simply playing while online the only way? Thanks.

Chud 360
08-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Its the only way im afraid :)

EvilestBean
08-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I never noticed that lol, but yeah i think being online is the only way im afraid.

LOCKDOWN123
08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeh, being online is the only way although if you appear offline the achievements will still have dates next to them since your not actually offline.

Heroine923
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Didn't you notice that?I knew that since day 1.But yeah the only way to get the date next to the Achievement is you have to be signed on Xbox Live.

LOCKDOWN123
08-11-2008, 03:21 PM
This has been a slow day...

Ruthless
08-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Took me 2 months or so to notice but i wish they all had dates as the time is displayed when you offline unless you disconnect the power cable then it goes back to 12.00am. But yes it has been asked and yes its bloody annoying.

Flesseck214
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Didn't you notice that?I knew that since day 1.But yeah the only way to get the date next to the Achievement is you have to be signed on Xbox Live.

Yeah, I can't believe I never really figured that out until now. I always thought it was a bug or something. Now I feel stupid. :(

xRogue 5x
08-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Its a good thing that it works like that because of the date and time stamp it helps ferret out those who try to gamesave or cheat the system.

Chaosflare
08-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Its a good thing that it works like that because of the date and time stamp it helps ferret out those who try to gamesave or cheat the system.
But that's only if they're always connected to Live.

For example, I can only log onto Live by disconnecting my laptop from the internet, then hooking the ethernet cable to my Xbox. Thus, a majority of my achievements are offline and unregistered.

I mean, sure, if online achievements are unlabeled, then that's easily seen as cheating, but if not, then who knows?

Flesseck214
08-12-2008, 05:53 AM
But that's only if they're always connected to Live.

For example, I can only log onto Live by disconnecting my laptop from the internet, then hooking the ethernet cable to my Xbox. Thus, a majority of my achievements are offline and unregistered.

I mean, sure, if online achievements are unlabeled, then that's easily seen as cheating, but if not, then who knows?

Oh, you mean doing them offline and then logging on to have them unregistered without dates?

See, I think they should somehow make it to attach dates even when you're offline, it would be easier to track if someone is cheating.

I'm try to do the opposite and get all my achievements properly recorded. :p

Eternal
08-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah and the thing is, when you recover your account on another Xbox, you will lose all offline achievements...

Chaosflare
08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, you mean doing them offline and then logging on to have them unregistered without dates?

See, I think they should somehow make it to attach dates even when you're offline, it would be easier to track if someone is cheating.

I'm try to do the opposite and get all my achievements properly recorded. :p
Thus why I try to connect my Xbox when I can. It's just that sometimes I have problems doing so, as I'm using the laptop on the same time, or my mother is using the laptop and gets whiny whenever I even ask to grab the connection for a second. x_X

Flesseck214
08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah and the thing is, when you recover your account on another Xbox, you will lose all offline achievements...

Really? I don't think I've ever had this problem before. You got a new Xbox and recovered your Gamertag from your old one or you just simply recovered your Gamertag on your friend's Xbox? I did the latter and I don't recall losing my offline achievements. But if this has occurred, thanks for the heads up.

[Waggly Bean]
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM

Only if you don't take your XBox online at all before recovering.

If you sign into Live on your XBox just to update your gamerscore/achievements online, then recover your tag it's fine.

I suppose it's because a copy of your gamertag is kept on Microsoft's servers so if it hasn't been updated, when you recover your tag it takes this 'older' copy. Well it can't exactly take it from an offline machine can it? It makes a lot of sense when you think about it like that.

gatorbait
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Online is the only way because if you think about it how else would they be able to keep track of the achievement dates since when you're signed onto Live it keeps track of the date and time of day automatically. Offline people could adjust their calendar and clocks to whatever and you'd have dates from all over the place from people unlocking achievements from offline.