View Full Version : Easier to strum on solos or use the bottom buttons?

08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Me and my friend are stuck on GGAHT and we cant beat the solos, i waas wondering if you guys strum on solos or click the bottom buttons?...or just use the GH controller lol

08-11-2008, 08:24 PM
well... I beat it using the GH3 guitar.... but I think a couple of my friends said they had an easier time with the solo buttons .......

the part where it does the back and forth doodly-doodlies can be very hard with normal fret buttons for most people...... but when you get to these part with the solo buttons you can use two hands an tap back and forth and practically get 100% on these parts.

what some people don't realize is that you can use these buttons even when not in solos...but you have to strum.... so sometimes I just play whole songs with the solo buttons and strum when needed.

08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I used a combination of the solo buttons and strumming, obviously on the really fast parts I had to strum. This was the only song that I played through keeping my hands on the solo buttons, so I didn't have to switch back and forth.

08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
I used the Les Paul. When I was attempting that song I tried using the Fender but I couldn't get use to the buttons for the life of me. Then again, the only thing that was tripping me up was the fast triplets and you don't have to reach at all for those, thus there was really no need for the solo buttons.

08-12-2008, 03:41 AM
I have not passed this, but I will say that I use the solo buttons on the strato at all times and can pass every other song I have (just passed Smokin'. Yay). However, on the zig-zags (which honestly would be MUCH easier on a real guitar (no kidding:Bounce:), press the yellow then red on the solo buttons, then press green and red on the top buttons and repeat. For the next one, just move down the neck one fret. For the final one, have on hand on orange and blue and the second hand on yellow. It helps prevent you from getting tired so you can get past. Overdrive may assist you in this and getting the two overdrives at the beginning of the last section may get you through. Good luck.

08-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Did it with GH3 controller and 3 fingers only (hole song)