PDA

View Full Version : Alright is it me or what (singers have a Look)

Dla911
08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Alright, i have not been able to beat hard on singing yet i keep trying, and now with oen of the new songs that came out today, its all talky so i try it and i hit 98% with a 28 phrase streak, Song is called Clouds Over California Now if anyone is out there that can tell me how you get that 100% on this song let me know as I think there is a Bug in this song with 1 spot where it does not read (this is on Expert by the way)

Dla911
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Alright its starting to come all over the Rock band forums now that this part is broken

Hammer 5O2
08-13-2008, 08:46 AM
well regardless edit your original post instead of double posting :p

D3adcell86
08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I think the talking parts are kind of iffy in this game.

Semp Pi
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I was having trouble with this song not picking up as well. Thought I'd check here and see if anyone was having the same problem. I guess it's widely known that the part is broken.

If anyone else wants to check, the part I was having trouble with was with the "Reign-------" scream right after the first overdrive part. Has anyone else found any bad parts?

Dla911
08-14-2008, 02:32 AM
I was having trouble with this song not picking up as well. Thought I'd check here and see if anyone was having the same problem. I guess it's widely known that the part is broken.

If anyone else wants to check, the part I was having trouble with was with the "Reign-------" scream right after the first overdrive part. Has anyone else found any bad parts?

its that part and there is one part where you can hardly get it but you can, was hoping to get my Achievement on this one for singing but i guess not now.

Nick Is I
08-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I purchased the Roadrunner Pack like some of you. I always play through the songs on guitar first. I had yet to unlock the 100% a song on Expert Vocals and noticed that Clouds Over California was a 1 difficulty and all talky parts.

So i gave it a try. I actually got 100%. The next day i had 3 messages from random people asking me how i got 100%. I looked at the leaderboards and i had 212,068. About 20,000 more than 2nd place. I somehow didnt get the bug.

Since then, 3 other people have tied my score.

for proof click the link and look for Clouds over California.

http://www.rockband.com/leaderboards

Inhale3xhale
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
yep, im pretty sure mines still broken. maybe a delete and re-dl is necessary?

JMills109
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
"Talkie" parts are exctremely buggy on a great many expert songs.

Supposedly its being fixed in RB2. I guess we'll have to find out, but this happens to me all the time in quite a few songs.

edd__
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
People always seem to say this about talky parts, but i find that if you try and replicate the style in which the singer does it, works fine. I'm not a very good singer, but i've 100%'d two Pixies songs which are both all talky just by trying to emulate Frank Black, incidently.

SebastianSB
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
People always seem to say this about talky parts, but i find that if you try and replicate the style in which the singer does it, works fine. I'm not a very good singer, but i've 100%'d two Pixies songs which are both all talky just by trying to emulate Frank Black, incidently.

I think this may be an exception, though. I can 100% several pixies songs on expert, talkie parts and all, but then turn around and fail songs like Epic during talkie parts for reasons I can't even begin to explain.

ViperxSniper
09-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, have the same problem with At The Gates-Blinded By Fear. It is a talky parts and I can get all Awesome on almost every sections except for a few at the same sections towards the end.

omegamustard
09-21-2008, 08:12 AM
so what are some of these easy Pixie songs to 100 percent?

edd__
09-21-2008, 10:45 AM
I've gold starred both Debaser and Tame, and I imagine Crackity Jones being quite easy, but not tried it yet.
Give a search on youtube for them

sharonoagain
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM
The thing about talky parts is to find out what works for you. Play with your mic sensitivity and your volume. I find some songs require me to change my mic sensitivity from one song to the next to be successful. And what works for me one day may not work the next. Your voice is a different kind of instrument ... you can't just push a button and get the same note over and over.