PDA

View Full Version : Tech Vic On Deity Help!

Sandeepizzle
08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
I have been following the guide and have tried as both Greeks and Aztecs but I can never win. I am always 2 or 3 techs behind.

I usually build Libraries and Temples but I usually only get one great person per game. Is there anything I can do to get them faster?

MartiniKiss
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
set your cities to production in the beginning then switch to science production

bulletman
08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Use the method in the thread below but as soon as one of your cities has built a libary switch the city to sceince, do the same once the next two cities have built there libaries and build temples in each city using gold to build them quicker.

I was wining anyway using this method but was lucky enough to have a great Scientist turn up and I got him to finish one of the longer techs to research and it that assured my victory.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80346

Hopefully youll get a great scientist!!

Seraph Metatron
08-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Basically your science is most greatly affected by the number of cities you have. If you are able to take over one civilization, or at least 2 other cities at the outset of the game, you will have a head start on the technology tree.

It was a strategy I used in the original Civilization for the computer back in the day to beat it on hard difficulty levels, was to build city, after city, after city. Since space is more limited in the console version, conquering enemy cities and using your given settlers after 100 gold is helpful to give you that little boost early on.

As much as it may seem counter-intuitive, if you are ahead in the military part of the game, the computer often focuses on building units instead of researching techs, and as a result you can get ahead. The only hangup would be if you are against a tech that is isolated from anyone and therefore doesn't have any borders to manage.

As I had said in earlier posts, in one of my games, when I had combustion, I was looking for wonders to build, and I was still able to build stonehenge because the computer had not researched literacy up to that point...I mean LITERACY! Needless to say they were behind in that race, they may have had about 10 armies of legions, but my one rifleman army per city had no trouble standing against those onslaughts.

Stevn
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I could never win with the Greeks or Aztecs. I was always getting beat by the Chinese so I decided to use them and I won first try. The Chinese are good to pick because they start with literacy and libraries are half price, so you can build libraries quickly and get a good lead.