PDA

View Full Version : Gamerpics and the new Dashboard

tpb
08-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Has it now been confirmed that avatars are going to take the place of gamerpics and that gamerpics will no longer be useable with the new dashboard?
M$ are still putting new gamerpic downloads, etc on XBox Live... but why bother if they are only useable for a few more months at most?

Mr. Writer
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
I think there is going to be a choice whether to use the gamerpics or your avatar but I'm not too sure.

LumberjackNate
08-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I am pretty sure you will be able to choose between a gamerpic or an avatar

AlexUplinked
08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I was worried about this as well, all though they haven't confirmed it it seems a wise choice. Otherwise if you have brought a lot of gamerpics off of XBLM you would have wasted your money, and MS would get a lot of angry letters, and I'm sure would be boycotted or forced by cyber gun point to refund people.

[Alex]

zzjj
08-13-2008, 12:23 AM
i would be mad if they made you you just be able to have avatars than i would have wasted a lot of money in the marketplace

Rocha12
08-13-2008, 01:35 AM
i would be mad if they made you you just be able to have avatars than i would have wasted a lot of money in the marketplace

That's very true! I wonder if the different regions will be able to get different avatars like they can gamer pics.

Ben Sharpe
08-13-2008, 01:50 AM
I was worried about this as well, all though they haven't confirmed it it seems a wise choice. Otherwise if you have brought a lot of gamerpics off of XBLM you would have wasted your money, and MS would get a lot of angry letters, and I'm sure would be boycotted or forced by cyber gun point to refund people.

[Alex]

Major Nelson confirmed that themes and GPs are going no where and will still be fully functional

X monkfish69 X
08-13-2008, 07:07 AM
I would be glad if you have the choice. I would have only wasted a few MS points on such things, but I'm sure there are a few people that have spent more on those and would be annoyed at not being able to use them.

Not sure if I want an avatar or not. It might distract me from gaming, choosing what my avatar wants to wear that day :p

DJbruce
08-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Ive spent about 80 Points on my Gamerpics and about 200 on themes. Not bothered about themes since I use one that someone on here made. But I love my Vault boy Gamerpicture =/. But as someone already mentioned they will still work.