PDA

View Full Version : Problems after repair for RROD

Missis Beki
08-13-2008, 02:26 AM
After some time of my xbox half dying it finally gave in a few week ago it has been repaired (motherboard according to the documents i got back) but since its been home its been acting strange, it keeps freezing alot and its not just one game it does it on, but the weirdest thing is when it does freeze you cant press the power off button you literally have to unplug the power cord:confused:
Anyone have similar experiences, and do you think its going to have to be returned to microsoft?

kiwi18
08-13-2008, 02:42 AM
I actually had this when I got mine back also, just give it some time. That's what did it for me.

Missis Beki
08-13-2008, 02:44 AM
I actually had this when I got mine back also, just give it some time. That's what did it for me.
How long did it take to sort itself out and did you ever ring MS?

LumberjackNate
08-13-2008, 03:42 AM
How long does it take before it freezes? Does it freeze in the dashboard? Whenever I leave my 360 on for a couple days on accident it freezes like that, which is caused by heat. Perhaps they botched the fix and something is overheating.

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Seems Microsoft like to screw up repairs - a friend of mine had his repaired after RRoD, and now he has it back (same console not a refurb), the disc drive is overly sensitive - you only have to put the disc in it lightly apparently for it to think you're pushing on it so it shuts.

Doesn't really effect anything, but it's pretty weird! :confused:

Hope yours does sort itself out Beki, I wouldn't want to send it in twice in one month! I would suggest waiting it out for now, like kiwi said. :)

Elites
08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
after getting my xbox back the first time it red ringed i had a couple of problems like freezing during games, Cd tray wouldn't close / open with out me pressing the button at least 50 times and the console would still run even after i have pressed the off / on button.
i waited till my xbox red ringed again and microsoft repaired all the problems it had.

Missis Beki
08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I think i will wait its just so damn annoying it doesn't as of yet freeze at the dashboard its actually in the game which is pretty crappy.
I'll wait and see if it improves or dies again which ever happens first but if its not better in a few weeks i'll send it back in.
Thanks guys

DTwirler
08-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Mine was fine for the first month or so. Now it's making this horrible grinding sound when I turn it on, and every now and then it gives me the lower right red light. *sigh*

narcolepticshee
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
When I got mine back, after about a week the controllers wouldn't connect to it anymore so I had to send it off AGAIN

Peace