PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions.

HumphriesT
08-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Hello. My name is Tommy. Gamertag : HumphriesT.

I need some help here, and im not quite sure how its going to go about. But id figure since ive used this site religiously since getting an xbox last november, why not.

Also, if this isnt the place to post this, feel free to let me know where. I tend to be blind as hell.

First off, when i first got my xbox, i "shared" my account with a friend. She bought a couple games on XBLA on my account, because she didnt have an xbox more or less. NOW she does. My question is, is there any way to get them off of my hard drive, and my gamertag, and onto hers? I really could use the space for a good chunk of my rock band songs, and it would give her back her games, and the ability to get back some of her achievements.

Secondly, i am having a hardware issue. My controller has an odd battery setup. No matter WHAT battery i use, it loses the ability to charge. Even with a play and charge kit, after being used in my one controller, it just stays DEAD. I have tried different cords, nothing. Different batteries work for so long, than BAM, they cant keep a charge. A friend used one of my "screwed" batteries and after awhile it worked... than all of a sudden it randomly would drain out of nowhere. Any clue on if its my cords, or more specifically my controller?

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

-Tommy (HumphriesT)

LumberjackNate
08-13-2008, 05:45 AM
You might try charging the batteries with his controller and see if they will last on his controller. And to test the cord, take the battery out and use the play and charge cable to see if the controller works.

And as for your first question, I don't know of any method to transfer DLC to other gamercards.

Krisv2010
08-13-2008, 05:53 AM
As for the controller. Maybe there is a short in it somewhere, how old is your controller, and where from? If you got it at wal-mart then I'd say to just take it back and they should give you a new one.

And as for your first question. I'm almost positive that you can't do this or else people would buy the XBLA games get the achievements and then trade them to friends for games they need for achievments.

HumphriesT
08-13-2008, 06:07 AM
So no go on the games eh? Shes gonna be pissed. Heh.

As for the controller, its the one that came with the system back in november. Its your standard white one. Thats all i really know.

Thank you.

-tommy

Pootcrum
08-13-2008, 06:18 AM
I know this might a stupid question but I think its worth asking.... you are using rechargeable batterys in there right? Have you tried using a battery pack instead of the normal way? Another option is to take out the batterys and charge them in a charger then use a multimeter (if you have one) to check the potential across them?

HumphriesT
08-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Yep. the batteries are in right. Ive even used the AA style Battery Cradle for the controllers. Its just rechargeable Microsoft Batteries that seem to be having the trouble.

And ive tested the charger and batteries on another system. And they work fine. Ive had problems with my USBs recently, would that be it?

-tommy

Pootcrum
08-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Im confused. The batterys that are going dead, are they AA rechargeables batterys or the microsoft battery pack?

I have had issues with one of my front USB ports not working sometimes, and I always blamed it on hot swapping issues. I switched to the quick charge kit instead of the play n charge kit and havent looked back.

You need to isolate whether it is the battery that is dying, or the controller/console either draining the battery or not charging it.

Again if you have a multimeter you could test the voltage coming out of the USB ports at the front.

X monkfish69 X
08-13-2008, 07:10 AM
With regards to the downloaded games, there is no way to transfer the games over, unless you recover your gamertage on her 360 and then re-download the games again. I'm not 100% sure if that will work or not, but it's worth a try....

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 07:12 AM
First off, when i first got my xbox, i "shared" my account with a friend. She bought a couple games on XBLA on my account, because she didnt have an xbox more or less. NOW she does. My question is, is there any way to get them off of my hard drive, and my gamertag, and onto hers? I really could use the space for a good chunk of my rock band songs, and it would give her back her games, and the ability to get back some of her achievements.

If she created a second gamertag for her on your machine she can simply recover the tag to her new console for all her achievements. And if she downloaded the games using that gt she might be able to use bthe license transfer tool to assign the licenses to that xbox too, then redownload the games.

However, if she always played on your gamertag (Humpries T), which I'm assuming she did from the way you've written it, there is no way to do it. She will have to buy the games again if she wants them, and re-earn the achievements on her new tag on her new console!

HumphriesT
08-13-2008, 07:21 AM
First, Yeah. The Xbox Microsoft Rechargable Batteries that come with the Play and Charge kits, are the ones that are screwing up. Not rechargable AAs. Im not sure what a multimeter is, but than again, ive had trouble with my USB ports since ive used that cheap USB splitter that came with rock band.

Secondly, i just want to give her the "title" or whatever to the games she bought on my xbox. She and i shared HumphriesT, because she was to lazy to get her own shit. But Should i recover my gamertag on her xbox, would she have access to those games?

-tommy

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
No, if you both used HumpriesT then there is no way to 'split' it.

You could recover your tag to her XBox, but only if you're willing to start a new tag yourself. You can't have the account active on both consoles on Live as far as I know.

Pootcrum
08-13-2008, 07:37 AM
First, Yeah. The Xbox Microsoft Rechargable Batteries that come with the Play and Charge kits, are the ones that are screwing up. Not rechargable AAs. Im not sure what a multimeter is, but than again, ive had trouble with my USB ports since ive used that cheap USB splitter that came with rock band.

Are you still using that "splitter", Im assuming its just a USB hub so that you can have multiple instruments going into one USB? I dont have Rock Band so I dont know. Non-powered USB hubs will not deliver enough power to charge a battery I wouldnt think.

I would suggest, as others have said, in trying to return something as faulty and see how you go. If you get a brand new play n charge kit and it repeats itself at least then you could say its the controller or the console giving you issues.

FoxRacing1234
08-13-2008, 07:48 AM
To the second question: I had this same problem. It was my controller, I got a new one because of a really stupid mistake and now the play and charge works perfectly. the battery stays charged like it should. I'm thinking you have the same problem I had since you said it worked fine in your friends controller.

HumphriesT
08-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah. well, i guess shes gonna have to bite the bullet until some stupid little feature comes about. I dunno. Id cry to Xbox technical support, but i doubt they would give a damn. Every time ive called them about my headsets, they tend to be... rude. But whatever.

As for the controller, yeah, i mind as well buy a new one. Though i guess theres gonna be a Green one coming soon. Thatd be awesome.

The USB Hub i got from rock band, i keep away from my xbox. ever since i put that shit in, its had horrible problems with USB. sometimes when i plug a mic in directly to the xbox, it wont recognize it. Its awful.

Pootcrum
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Cheap electronics are never good. I installed a cheapass firewire card in my comp a few weeks back and it rooted my install of XP somehow, dont ask me how. So yeh, cheap electronics, BAD.

Go with the new one, whinge at someone, youll get free stuff. If you cant get a replacement from a retailer whinge at microsoft tech support.

LumberjackNate
08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Cheap electronics are never good. I installed a cheapass firewire card in my comp a few weeks back and it rooted my install of XP somehow, dont ask me how. So yeh, cheap electronics, BAD.

I installed a cheap NIC and it fried my motherboard:mad:

And on topic, if your xbox is having trouble recognizing USB peripherals give Microsoft a call.

P I Staker30
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Hello. My name is Tommy. Gamertag : HumphriesT.

I need some help here, and im not quite sure how its going to go about. But id figure since ive used this site religiously since getting an xbox last november, why not.

Also, if this isnt the place to post this, feel free to let me know where. I tend to be blind as hell.

Secondly, i am having a hardware issue. My controller has an odd battery setup. No matter WHAT battery i use, it loses the ability to charge. Even with a play and charge kit, after being used in my one controller, it just stays DEAD. I have tried different cords, nothing. Different batteries work for so long, than BAM, they cant keep a charge. A friend used one of my "screwed" batteries and after awhile it worked... than all of a sudden it randomly would drain out of nowhere. Any clue on if its my cords, or more specifically my controller?

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

-Tommy (HumphriesT)

OH SCHIT BALLS! my names Tommy too o_O, and I think they have a cord for transfering data from one HD to the other

[Waggly Bean]
08-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I think they have a cord for transfering data from one HD to the other

Um... if that's the data transfer cable, doesn't it only work with transferring from a premium to an elite or something? I know it limits it to some degree anyway...