PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the free 20dlc songs for Rockband2 be

zking918
08-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Just wonderin and wanted to know what everyone thinks the free 20 songs to download could be or they want them to be.

http://card.mygamercard.net/community/kkz/zking918.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/zking918)

nightmare975
08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Wait, what?

TooMuchCowbell
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Wait, what?
There's 20 free DLC songs when Rock Band is released. They wanted to put them on the disc, but couldn't. I'm guessing there's going to be some Iron Maiden because they've been in every guitar hero (not sure about GH1) and were in Rock Band 1 along with a DLC song.

nightmare975
08-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the info, I'd never heard about that.

Tekken
08-13-2008, 08:31 PM
There's 20 free DLC songs when Rock Band is released. They wanted to put them on the disc, but couldn't. I'm guessing there's going to be some Iron Maiden because they've been in every guitar hero (not sure about GH1) and were in Rock Band 1 along with a DLC song.

This is pretty exciting. Source?

JLogan27
08-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I just read that the entire song list from Rock Band 1 will be downloadable for Rock Band 2? I had heard that the songs you downloaded will transfer over but the entire setlist?!?

Says IGN 360 editor Nate Ahern: Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World Tour create an interesting situation for gamers. If you bought Rock Band 1 then chances are you'll feel cheated by the release of RB2, thus you'd think that GHWT would be the way to go as it somewhat redefines the music gaming genre. However, if you didn't buy the first Rock Band then I would absolutely agree with notagoth. Immediately upon purchasing Rock Band 2 you'll have the ability to download a huge library of songs, as well as all of the songs off of the original disc as a free download. Then again, Guitar Hero World Tour does allow users to create and share their own songs, so it's really only a matter of time until the Rock Band library is eclipsed. At the end of the day it could come down to which series has earned your allegiance over the last year since RB's original release."

Dex
08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow. Reading this thread I feel like I'm back in June 2008.

JLogan27
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow. Reading this thread I feel like I'm back in June 2008.

You might be. YOU...JUST...MIGHT...BE......

Krueger
08-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I bet they will be terrible bonus like songs, maybe a few good songs.

Dex
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I bet they will be terrible bonus like songs, maybe a few good songs.
I actually think they will be really good songs - just another incentive for people to buy RB2 instead of GH:WT (if they only plan on getting one). But even if they are so-so, it's still free, which makes it hard to complain.

I can already see a big sticker on the shrinkwrapped box:
BONUS!
20 FREE SONGS!
downloadable via Xbox 360 marketplace
redeemable code inside

MistersalJack
08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
I actually think they will be really good songs - just another incentive for people to buy RB2 instead of GH:WT (if they only plan on getting one). But even if they are so-so, it's still free, which makes it hard to complain.

I can already see a big sticker on the shrinkwrapped box:
BONUS!
20 FREE SONGS!
downloadable via Xbox 360 marketplace
redeemable code inside

you cant deny the word "free." i know i cant, hahahahhahaha. plus knowing they r free and open to everyone that buys Rock Band 2 most likely the list will contain genres for everyone, from metal to alternative to indie.

edd__
08-13-2008, 11:34 PM
If there songs that they couldn't get on the disc, then it'll be good. Judging by the ones they HAVE got on the disc, if it was just a matter of space, then the other ~20 should be great also. And i'm also expecting them all to be by bands not on the disc, as they wouldn't have put two by the same band on the disc. haha, it's not GHWT!

So therefore, i'm expecting maybe some stuff R.E.M., Violent Femmes, Incubus, Sublime, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Le Tigre, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (would be perfect for RB).

The only thing that strikes me is that if they had huge names like Hendrix or Beatles or Jeff Buckley (hope they do), then they'd be on the disc, surely?

xCOBRAx
08-13-2008, 11:41 PM
no joke, rockband alone is gonna cause me to have to buy a new hard drive, this is ridiculous!

Dex
08-13-2008, 11:49 PM
no joke, rockband alone is gonna cause me to have to buy a new hard drive, this is ridiculous!
I'm glad my 360 got the RRoD a year ago so I could trade it for an elite. HDMI is great and all, but I love my 120 GB of space (currently 98 GB free). :woop:

nightmare975
08-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Almost 2 fucking gigs of rock band songs!

I got 6.9 gigs left, I don't think I have enough for Rock Band 2. :P

Piccolo549
08-14-2008, 12:42 AM
thats pretty cool i didnt even know about this

Matrarch
08-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Rock Band's gonna put my hard drive over too. Shoulda bought the Elite in the first place. :)

I'm curious as to these other tracks, but I'm honestly pretty satisfied with the on disc content. Not that another 20 songs hurts, but there's already going to be so much new stuff to try when the game drops!

Chrono180
08-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I am hoping that the offspring songs will be part of the 20 free DLC, because it was announced in June on the Offspring site that "Gone Away", "The kid's aren't alright","All I Want", "Pretty Fly For A White Guy", and "Self Esteem" would be released for Rock Band, but so far they haven't.

RINGO
08-15-2008, 08:59 AM
You know....

One reason why they said they had to do the bonus 20 song download was because they didn't have enough time to nail all the fine details out in time for release....

but I almost think there could have been another reason...

If they have 20 more songs that they can add... they don't necessarily need them all nailed down right away... this would allow Rock Band 2 some time to see what GH:WT was going to do song wise.... which would then allow Rock Band 2 to counter.

not saying that they even need to with the amount of great songs already on the list....but still.

(although I am sad that GH:WT was able to get Crazy Train from Ozzy before Rock Band 2 could... I have been wanting that song since GH1. I love both games, but I have built such a closeness to my Rock Band lately ...lol)

Dex
08-15-2008, 09:47 AM
One reason why they said they had to do the bonus 20 song download was because they didn't have enough time to nail all the fine details out in time for release....
Where did you hear that from?

The only info I've heard related to the 20 free DLC songs was that they didn't have enough room on the disk to include them all.

Think about the fact that RB1 had 58 songs, compared to RB2 having 84 songs on-disk. 84 is almost too many songs! I'm glad they left 20 of the planned songs out of the main game, but we can still play them as a bonus tour (like all DLC in RB1).

Did you really want to play a 104 song endless setlist? :woop:

RINGO
08-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Where did you hear that from?

The only info I've heard related to the 20 free DLC songs was that they didn't have enough room on the disk to include them all.

Think about the fact that RB1 had 58 songs, compared to RB2 having 84 songs on-disk. 84 is almost too many songs! I'm glad they left 20 of the planned songs out of the main game, but we can still play them as a bonus tour (like all DLC in RB1).

Did you really want to play a 104 song endless setlist? :woop:

It was stated sometime during E3.... They said they wanted to have all 100+ but couldn't get them all on the disk in time is what I remember hearing one rep say... I think....lol

Tekken
08-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Pardon me if I am being ignorant or simply blind, but does there happen to be a link to the source for this information?

Dex
08-15-2008, 11:24 PM
Pardon me if I am being ignorant or simply blind, but does there happen to be a link to the source for this information?
It's been posted in several gaming blogs/websites, such as IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku, etc... you can go there and search for yourself.

Otherwise, Wikipedia is always a good resource.
Welcome to the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_2

Game designer Dan Teasdale has stated that between existing downloadable content and on-disc songs, there will be over 200 songs available for Rock Band 2, including 84 master recordings available on the game disc and 20 more to follow as free downloadable content.

Tekken
08-16-2008, 03:57 AM
It's been posted in several gaming blogs/websites, such as IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku, etc... you can go there and search for yourself.

Otherwise, Wikipedia is always a good resource.
Welcome to the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_2)

Much obliged, however the sarcasm is unappreciated. I figured since the OP posted it, he may have the source handy.

Dex
08-16-2008, 04:12 AM
Much obliged, however the sarcasm is unappreciated. I figured since the OP posted it, he may have the source handy.
Appreciated or not, you're still gonna get it.

aPerfektFIaw
08-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Appreciated or not, you're still gonna get it.

You're so nice Dex ;)

Anyway Tekken, this is pretty old news (and this goes for everyone else who is in the dark about it). Hence the sarcasm you will probably receive after doubts or (in Tekken's case) looking for a source when theres a search function on this site, google, wikipedia, etc. etc.

Not trying to be an ass, just explaining why you were on the sharp end of the sarcasm stick.

What The Buck?
08-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm hoping for some MUSE or maybe some Foo Fighters?

Who knows...we'll find out soon.

edd__
08-16-2008, 11:35 AM
I would've thought the sarcasm stick would have a more blunt end.

Thank you, i'm here all week.

aPerfektFIaw
08-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I would've thought the sarcasm stick would have a more blunt end.

Thank you, i'm here all week.

:rolleyes: damn, and i only got tickets for one show

--- back on topic, i really hope theres some nirvana awaiting me in this package of 20 free songs.

xCOBRAx
08-17-2008, 08:21 AM
hey dex i know its been a couple of days since your reply to ringo, but i remember hearing what he said as well. Maybe tomorrow when i have some more time ill try and find it, i believe it was on a video interview or something but i swear i read that these tracks were because they didnt have time to get them into the game basically

DevilGuy
08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Looks awesome, harmonix is awesome to do this. You can get ALL the old RB1 songs, including the ones you DLC'ed for RB1, and a FREE 20 songs for RB2 when it comes out!

I can't wait!

JJBDude
08-17-2008, 10:46 PM
I didn't know about this either so that's cool news. I will assume that the songs won't be so great but saying that I was suprised by the free songs us Europeans got from the original, Muse - Hysteria is great. :D

Edable Giraffe
08-19-2008, 12:44 AM
im hoping for some slipknot, in flames, bullet for my valentine or children of bodom.

its almost definately not going to happen because rock band doesnt seem to like metal, i can always hope though

edd__
08-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Yeah, if you want metal go for GH.
If you want a more eclectic mix of tastier songs, stick with HMX.

frank9080
08-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm really hoping that they give me Streetcar or Roses For The Dead by Funeral For a Friend or maybe all twenty songs would be Funeral For a Friend and more Strokes couldn't hurt

megamoviejohn
08-21-2008, 05:51 AM
I have been wishing for Dave Matthews Band since Rock Band was announced. Two Step could be one of the best drum songs, but if not Dave Matthews then some more Radiohead or Soul Coughing (they would probably never put Soul Coughing on Rock Band).

xCOBRAx
08-21-2008, 07:28 AM
I have been wishing for Dave Matthews Band since Rock Band was announced. Two Step could be one of the best drum songs, but if not Dave Matthews then some more Radiohead or Soul Coughing (they would probably never put Soul Coughing on Rock Band).

come on! everyone wants to walk around in circles! i think circles would be a great addition. we have what? 3 weeks till this game comes out! im building up my RB2 itunes playlist as we speak!

edd__
08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Just - Radiohead would be pretty good, love Jonny's guitar in that. Plus you'd have to play it lying on the floor. or Jigsaw Falling Into Place, pretty good guitar on that too imo.

hockeyfan607
09-01-2008, 08:03 AM
so are all the RB1 songs downloadable?

Son of Kyuss
09-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Yes, once RB2 is out, an update will be available for RB1 called Export. Select that and pay a small MSP fee (should be $5 or less) then it will extract the songs from the disc and on to your harddrive.

Nick Is I
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Bad Religion was re-recording their song Sorrow for Rock Band 2, but was not announced in the setlist. So im assuming that they will be in the free 20 songs. Bad Religion announced themselves that they were included in the game, so they will either be included in the 20 free songs or hopefully they will have their own 3 pack. I would shit myself if Bad Religion got a pack.

I'm gonna say no because they have to re-license every song for Rock Band 2. Some songs that were not masters to begin with will most likely not be included in the export to your harddrive. Ex: Mississippi Queen and Run To The Hills will most likely not get exported.

Dex
09-03-2008, 11:51 PM

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82514

1) On the day Rock Band 2 is released, Rock Band 1 will receive a title update. That update will add an "export" command in the RB1 menu.

2) Hit "export" and you'll need to enter a password, which you get with your copy of RB2. Enter the password and you have to pay. Harmonix promise it won't be more than $5.

3) Pay the $5 (or less), and your RB1 songs (well...the ones on the disc...and the ones they're allowed to port over, as Harmonix can't guarantee that all songs will be available) will be transferred to your HDD.

And that's it! Note this doesn't work for your DLC, since that already works in RB2 anyway. It's just the songs on the disc.

APX
09-04-2008, 05:07 AM
im hoping for some slipknot, in flames, bullet for my valentine or children of bodom.

its almost definately not going to happen because rock band doesnt seem to like metal, i can always hope though

No metal in Rock Band? been under a rock for almost 2 years? ;)

Avenged Sevenfold “Almost Easy”
Disturbed “Down with the Sickness”
Dream Theater “Panic Attack”
Jane’s Addiction “Mountain Song”
Judas Priest “Painkiller”
Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen”
Megadeth “Peace Sells”
Metallica “Battery”
Motorhead “Ace of Spades”
Rage Against the Machine “Testify”
Ratt “Round & Round”
Rise Against “Give it All”
Soundgarden “Spoonman”
System of a Down “Chop Suey”
Testament “Souls of Black”

That's 15 from the Disk of RB2, not including the various Metal Packs from the marketplace.

Sigh, kids these days, thinking slipknot and inflames are THE THINGS to be a metal head, mainstream is so lulzy. ;)

edd__
09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't class Jane's Addiction, Rage or Soundgarden as metal tbh.

good ol boy366
09-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't class Jane's Addiction, Rage or Soundgarden as metal tbh.

agreed...as well as a few others on that list.

brak4222
09-04-2008, 10:06 PM

All except for Enter Sandman, Run To The Hills and Paranoid......and they are not downloadable, they are transferrable.....

APX
09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Well untill the band changes what genre they are, they are considered metal. ;)

edd__
09-04-2008, 11:49 PM
I don't wanna be rude APX, and i know that a lot of bands don't fit neatly into one genre, but you're wrong ;D
Nah, seriously, considered metal by who?
Soundgarden are considered a hell of a lot more to be a huge part of the grunge scene, and in fact one of the pioneers of that era, featuring on what was considered the very first grunge release: Sub Pop's Deep Six compilation.

Jane's Addiction were a big part in the early days of alt rock, and it was Perry Farrell who set up Lollapalooza, which features mainly alt rock and hip hop. Listen to songs like Jane Says or Been Caught Stealing and tell me that's metal!

Rage have clear metal influences, but there a band so much harder to pigeonhole, a unique sound that is a completely amalgamation of all their varied influences; rap, metal, funk, punk, rock, &c. I'm pretty sure there isn't a general consensus calling them metal

APX
09-04-2008, 11:57 PM
In a sense they all fall into the sub genre's of metal, Rage being into the whole Rap-Metal genre like (ewww) limp bizkit was.

As I said, people have a different understand of rock, they hear one thing from these days (2000's) and think everything should be up to par with that sound, when they just pretty much copied everyother band from the past era's. :(

I'm not into the mainstream metal/rock scene, I was also into the underground thrash/death/black/symphonic black metal scene, as well as grindcore and etc.

iamtheSCARECROW
09-06-2008, 03:46 PM
i read in game informer that harmonix wanted to put some songs from one of there bands freezepop into the game but for some reason couldn't get them into the game on time or didn't feel they fit or something like that so i'm guessing that they will be some of the songs and i wouldn't doubt that the rest will be they're bands too like bang camaro. i personally wasn't a fan of any of there band's stuff but i won't argue with free!

edd__
09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
their* about 50 times.

SC Defective
09-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Nice I was not aware of this.

I heard somewhere that RB2 is planning on allowing you to listen to all the songs from your dashboard just like a regular CD. Not sure if that was true though, I heard it from a friend.