PDA

View Full Version : Power Never Takes a Back Step - bugged

Mr Cynica1
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I was trying to unlock "Indistinguishable from Magic" (tech victory on deity) last night, and I eventually managed it using the guide on here and some trial-and-error. However, at the end I also unlocked the achievement for only using one city. The catch was that (as the guide suggested) I was playing the Lightning Round scenario and therefore had three cities. It seems that the achievement is not 'win the game with only one city' but instead 'win the game without building any new cities'.

DevilGuy
08-14-2008, 06:23 AM
OMG! Same thing happened to me today! I was doing technology victory on King with lightning round, started with 3 citys, and got the achievement at the end.

I don't think it's don't build more citys... but maybe? I think Lightning Round is just bugged.

Seraph Metatron
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the guide made note of that.

Seraph Metatron
08-14-2008, 12:11 PM
So as I went back and re-read the guide it doesn't note it in this edition of the guide. The first guide for the game does comment on that, sorry didn't know they changed it.

eXtreme 1138
08-14-2008, 12:16 PM
yah, this has already been pointed out several times lol. the game only registers cities as new if you use settlers to create one yourself. You can take cities over however you like and as you say, starting with more than 1 in some scenarios and not making any more also works.