PDA

View Full Version : Get Code and then Return Preorder?

xtremerocker
08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
whats stopping me from preordering at gamestop, getting the code, and then two days later going to the store and asking for my reserve money back. ur supposed to be able to retract orders on any game as long as its far enough from the games release. and yeah i may get a dirty look form the employee but theres nothing they can do.

Taker447
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
like you just said theres nothing they can do. easy way of getting a free arcade game. But why wouldn't you want Fable II anyway its a fantastic game.

whoami40
08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
I would do the same but instead of getting your money back roll it over too another game you want.

xepherys
08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
The only benefit I could see to this is picking up extra copies of the Pub Games for someone who can't foot the pre-order right now...

xtremerocker
08-13-2008, 10:48 PM
i dont buy games anymore now that i got gamefly, that was a life safer during last years onslaught. i mean ill buy stuff like halo 3, GTA IV, gears of war 2, stuff that i know i will be playing for a long time after im done with it.

Stuffgamer1
08-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Man, as an employee of Gamestop, it really hurts to see you suggesting such a thing here. Do you know that canceled reservations count against the employee who was unfortunate to have to take them in performance reviews? THAT'S why you tend to get dirty looks. It's not just a mere inconvenience to us. Is it really worth a free, fairly lousy (in my opinion, anyway. Too hard to win anything!) $10 game to screw up somebody's job/career (yes, some people make a career out of Gamestop)? Fable II's going to be awesome enough that you should just go ahead and buy it anyway. From what I've read, it should have at least as much longevity as Halo 3, albeit a different kind.

Pantera Opeth
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Fable 2 is probably going to be one of the best games ever. What's the point in getting the Pub Games if you're not going to get Fable 2? Can't be for the achievements, since Fable 2 will have more achievements than the arcade game does.

And canceled reservations count against the employees who took them? That makes no sense at all, since the employee most likely couldn't control the free will of the customer. Just last week I pre-ordered 4 games spending well over $400, I didn't get a hug or anything from the guy working.

Udam the Ogre
08-14-2008, 02:27 PM
As Stuff said it does indeed hurt the employees. I used to be an assistant manager of a GS and employees are pushed to get reservations and actually keep them.

Pantera: Depending on the games *cough* Fable 2 *cough* you get pre-order swag or free stuff for putting down that deposit. Seriously, if you want the pub games, just keep the reserve and get Fable.

x_Silxx_x
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
like you just said theres nothing they can do. easy way of getting a free arcade game. But why wouldn't you want Fable II anyway its a fantastic game.

/me coughs, modders who download their games

I'm not one of them fortunately :P

Tdlob
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Man, as an employee of Gamestop, it really hurts to see you suggesting such a thing here. Do you know that canceled reservations count against the employee who was unfortunate to have to take them in performance reviews? THAT'S why you tend to get dirty looks. It's not just a mere inconvenience to us. Is it really worth a free, fairly lousy (in my opinion, anyway. Too hard to win anything!) $10 game to screw up somebody's job/career (yes, some people make a career out of Gamestop)? Fable II's going to be awesome enough that you should just go ahead and buy it anyway. From what I've read, it should have at least as much longevity as Halo 3, albeit a different kind.

I had no idea that they did this...

meetsim
08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
What if you were to order it online at gamestop's site, wait for them to email you the code, and then cancel your preorder. I would assume that would not hurt anyone's performance review. The question is does gamestop's site allow you to cancel your preorder?

Dao Jones
08-14-2008, 07:10 PM
What if you were to order it online at gamestop's site, wait for them to email you the code, and then cancel your preorder. I would assume that would not hurt anyone's performance review. The question is does gamestop's site allow you to cancel your preorder?

Yes, you can. I canceled my Mass Effect LE preorder there when I found out that Amazon had the LE also with free shipping. Also didn't like how my preorder took out the whole amount ($70 I believe) right when I preordered it, not the $5 or $10 I thought it would be. But like others said, why would someone get the pub games and not get Fable 2 to transfer the funds and items? C'mon, now my dog can do BACKFLIPS right when I get him with my uber leet item. :)

DustyTheHamster
08-14-2008, 07:33 PM
On the other hand I'm thinking of rolling my Fable 2 preorder up from the standard to limited edition based on how crack like these games are. Oh and the fact that it made me hook up the ole black box and play the first one again.

Dao Jones
08-14-2008, 07:41 PM
On the other hand I'm thinking of rolling my Fable 2 preorder up from the standard to limited edition based on how crack like these games are. Oh and the fact that it made me hook up the ole black box and play the first one again.

I believe both games (Fable and the Lost Chapters one) work on the 360. After I make my billions on Fortune's, I am also going to replay Fable, but as a good guy. So much easier being evil! :) Also, the Limited Edition is very nice, did you see the Master Chief-type outfit that comes with the game? My goodness. :P

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169216