PDA

View Full Version : U.S. and Japanese Marketplace Differences

Jimmy Hapa
08-14-2008, 06:59 AM
I don't know how helpful this is, and it's probably been answered before, but in case anyone was still wondering, the Japanese marketplace is almost identical to the U.S. marketplace. With the exception of a few Japanese games, there's not much you can't get with a U.S. account.

If you're into themes/gamerpics, there are a lot for Apocalypse (like 30 different sets of pics), some for Senko no Ronde, some better packs than the U.S. ones for Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell), etc., to name a few. There are some pretty nice Raiden and Otomedius themes/gamerpics too.

Content-wise, there are a few differences. There's a lot of Idolmaster: LFY content (and there's content for other Japanese games), and the Bullet Witch content is free. Some Japanese content gets released earlier...Overall, not really a big difference.

There is one exclusive arcade game, which is the Japanese version of Castlevania: SotN, which comes with full JP text and voices, and includes the familiars that were taken out. Right now, you can also only get Shotest Shogi on the JP marketplace, but it will come out in the U.S. soon. I'm pretty sure it was developed by a Western development team.

Oddly, you can download Robbie Williams themes for 150 msp. So if you really want those, go for it.

And FINALLY, the Inside Xbox spooling vids are updated everyday, and are actually pretty well done. You even get a preview for the next day. It seems that once a week, they interview some idol or pretty girl who "plays" the 360, and we can watch her play the game and talk about games, her likes/dislikes, etc. It's kind of odd, but it's cool for people who are into it.

There are a lot of things that Japanese gamers cannot get, such as T.V. show downloads, movie rentals, movie TRAILERS, etc. If you set up a U.S. account in Japan, that content is "not available." Even some of the streaming movies on Inside Xbox are locked (like the recent Comicon ones), but none of the movie/T.V. previews are...which is strange.

Anyway, I hope this helps. I have some free time...too much I guess. Back to Bioshock!

StarsRPD
06-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Awesome thanks!

Corrupt.
06-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Holy necro Batman!