PDA

View Full Version : Punt/Kick Returns for TD

Xypher07
08-14-2008, 02:13 PM
OMG This is driving me crazy. I can't remember ever having trouble with an achievement before on a madden game, but this one is just setting me off. I need the most specific and easiest instructions possible please. I'm gonna have to shoot my own foot otherwise just to make me forget about this for a while. Everything else was cake.

ChKn McStu
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Ok, well this is a cheap way to do it but, first set your game skill to Rookie. It will work on other difficulty's but it's harder.

When you get kicked the ball, catch it and run straight up near the sidelines. When you are near the first defender head straight backwards until you are near the end of the endzone. Then immediately turn to the right or left depending on which way you will be going. Once you do that run across the endzone, once again to near the sidelines and there should be plently of open space for you to run right by all the defenders. Repeat this for Punt Returns as well.

This works because all the defenders will start follwing your when your turn around. If your returner is slow, I don't know how well it will work. I would choose the Bears and use Devin Hester. It's really easy with him.

Confin3d
08-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Use Devin Hester from the Chicago Bears. On Punt Returns, us the play Punt Return Protect (I think) but make sure you have a max protection return play and you should get good blocks. The for Kick Return, wait for your teammates to get the blocks thn use your speed boost and zip by everyone.

acastruc
08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
There is a way to run it back for a TD everytime:
You need to be using the two controllers; you are controller 1 (referred to as c1 hereafter) and controller 2 (c2) is the other team obviously. Have the other team kick the ball to you (I used kick left play). Choose return left play for your team. Using c2 kick the ball with medium power. Once you kick the ball, put down c2, pick up c1. What you need to do is run straight up a bit with only the thumbstick (no sprint) because with the other hand use c2 to press B and then X (switch player then dive). Then you just use c1 to run the guy up the left side while c2 makes them all dive out of your way. It's important to keep pressing B followed by X until c1 has broken away. It took me a couple practices and now I can do it everytime. Hope this helps.

TheChupacabra10
08-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the tip guys, this one is a nightmare lol

dethklok
08-14-2008, 05:22 PM
the easiest way i found to get those achievements are to use 2 controllers. Have the team your are getting the achievement receive 1st. then use the 2nd controller to kick off. KEEP THE 2nd controller in your hands. spam the x and b buttons. the kicking team will dive, then switch to the other players and dive and so on and so on. Giving your kick return room to go all the way for a TD. Dont worry about your teams controller. Once the player gets the ball he will be controlled automatically. Do this for punt returns to. Took me not even 5 min to get 2 kick return TD and 2 punt return TDs.

yo soy feo
08-14-2008, 05:47 PM
All you have to do for Kick Returns is get the ball, run ahead, then once youre close to a defender, run back, switch the field. You could practically run laps around them now.

dethklok
08-15-2008, 03:12 AM
All you have to do for Kick Returns is get the ball, run ahead, then once youre close to a defender, run back, switch the field. You could practically run laps around them now. what are you talking about??? switch fields??? laps????

DigitalFury
08-15-2008, 03:20 AM
I had a friend help me online. We set it to 2 minute quarters. Opening kick off? No TD? Punt immediately. No TD? Punt immediately. TD? Kick off.... rinse, repeat.

VictorInATX
08-15-2008, 05:40 AM
This is driving me nuts. I did my Punt return for 2 TD's and 1 Kick-Off for TD, but for crying out loud, I cannot get the 2nd KickOff return for TD.

What teams did you guys use? Was this in Franchise mode? I did the Bears (Devin Hester) and the Dolphins using the 2nd controller trick.

Still can't get it. For some reason, Dolphins kickoff team is fast as hell.

ITD Soldierboy
08-15-2008, 05:53 AM
I was the Patriots, and I played against the Raiders. I had my game set to Rookie, and I had rewinds set to unlimited. I got them really easy using this technique.

VictorInATX
08-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks ITD. I'll give that a try tomorrow. I need to hit my first 1000gs game.

XxChiCubs32xX
08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
There is a way to run it back for a TD everytime:
You need to be using the two controllers; you are controller 1 (referred to as c1 hereafter) and controller 2 (c2) is the other team obviously. Have the other team kick the ball to you (I used kick left play). Choose return left play for your team. Using c2 kick the ball with medium power. Once you kick the ball, put down c2, pick up c1. What you need to do is run straight up a bit with only the thumbstick (no sprint) because with the other hand use c2 to press B and then X (switch player then dive). Then you just use c1 to run the guy up the left side while c2 makes them all dive out of your way. It's important to keep pressing B followed by X until c1 has broken away. It took me a couple practices and now I can do it everytime. Hope this helps.

This is what i did and it worked great...otherwise just use devin hester from the bears and you can usually get it legit

ProjectSix
08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Just got both in the same game. I used Hester vs the Falcons on rookie mode. Used the technique of running forward, then back, across your own end zone, then up the opposite sideline. I set replays to infinite and sometimes needed a 2nd attempt on it.

1000/1000 now :) Thanks for the advice in this post.

Bloody_Hitman666
08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
i just got my punt return...the kick returns were easy...i used devin hester for both of them...for my punt return i was using my created team in franchise and the first punt return i got a td without having to rewind...the next few i couldnt do it.....2 of them they kicked out of bounce and then i rewinded and recieved the balll just ran back to the right and then ran foward to the left and there was always one man that could stop me and he did and on one of the punt returns devin got injured...i was like OMFG...but then on my very next punt return after he was injured he was back in and got a punt return td for my 2nd lol

Mikeyt086
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I finally just got my punt returns, the kick returns were easy i did them with Maurice Jones-Drew :)

I was tearing my hair out with the PR's, but i tried the run backwards then accross the field trick while i was going for my Jets ach and i got it! I got my first TD in the 1st min, but then Mark Bulger just kept throwing interceptions! I had to wait till the 4th qtr to get another chance.

VictorInATX
08-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Talk about frustrating. I finally got it. Bears with Devin Hester and the Raiders. It took me the initial kickoff for TD. Then I played until the 4th QTR to do it again. 5 min QTR's and letting the Raiders own me around 70 something to my 14.