PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
08-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

Lukhuta
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Mmm... This is madness achiev. seems weird doesnt it? Does this mean "buy 300 songs from xboxlive" or is there something special like in GH4 to create one's own song?

Adasi
11-14-2008, 04:11 PM
you can plug in an Mp3 player via USB and transfer any song....

whether it has to be a Zune player or not remains to be seen...i'll be really fucked off if it does though!

pspnewb
11-20-2008, 06:25 AM
No i plugged in a 300 gig external from my pc to lips and it worked fine

dotty
11-21-2008, 06:41 AM
A tip on getting the Gotta Have More Cowbell achievement:

Each song has their respective sets of noisemakers (at least the on-disc songs do, most likely any DLC songs as well). If you want to get this right away, when choosing a song in Sing! and before choosing to sing it either as Full or Short, go to Song Options and under Noise Makers, choose the Heavy set. After this and going into the song, pressing either LB or RB will bring up the cowbell.

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 05:12 AM
The 100,000 star achievement is going to take quite awhile as far as I can tell. I have about 20 or so hours in the game and just made it to 50,000 a little while ago. Kinda hard to believe that I was the first to get it according to MGC.net.

Bishop24
11-22-2008, 05:19 AM
How do you get the "Send a challenge to a friend for the first time" achievement? I sent out two challenges earlier today but did not receive the achievement. Do they have to have the game for you to get the achievement?

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Yes, they have to be online and they also have to accept it. Interesting though, I can confirm that you do not have to actually send a challenge, but you do have to accept one. My son's profile unlocked it when he accepted mine.

The 20 wins achievement took me around 2-2 1/2 hours using my kids profiles and my other box. It is far more involved to win a match than I thought.

Bishop24
11-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, they have to be online and they also have to accept it. Interesting though, I can confirm that you do not have to actually send a challenge, but you do have to accept one. My son's profile unlocked it when he accepted mine.

The 20 wins achievement took me around 2-2 1/2 hours using my kids profiles and my other box. It is far more involved to win a match than I thought.

Well I guess I'll never get that achievement then since I don't think anybody on my friend's list has played the game.

Appreciate the clarification though.

OldWIKI TIK
11-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Hind sight, you can do it on one xbox. Make a silver account and add them. Then just trade invites. It is alot of signing in and out, but it would work.

Red Rowdy 360
11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
achievements are really dull

Management
12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Easy 1K or a pain in the ass?

M0rdain
12-12-2008, 11:14 AM
What do you have to do to get the Call Me Superstar achievement, i know it will come from just playing the game, just wanted to know what i need to get it :)

Patrik73
12-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Easy 1K or a pain in the ass?

they are easy, just very time consuming.

RED23X
12-18-2008, 06:49 PM
i got the superstar after getting 100 of each medal only need the 100,000 stars(got 80,000) and challenges(got 10 so far)so if any1 wants a challenge add me RED23X.

wtf got 99,780 stars.just sung bust a move got 800 stars my counter stayed the same and no cheev

oh its just come up wahoooooooooooooo.

Micge
01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
you can plug in an Mp3 player via USB and transfer any song....

whether it has to be a Zune player or not remains to be seen...i'll be really fucked off if it does though!

Zunes and iPods work, BUT I dislike how the added songs clutter up your song list, but you can only sing them when the device is plugged in. Would be far simpler if all the songs on the player would get added and then removed once you unplug. This on a 1g 2nd gen iPod shuffle, not sure if same behaviour is on other players aswell.

What I did was insert a few retail CD's in and ripped the songs I wanted to HD and added from there. Now they can be sung anytime. I'm guessing a DVD full of MP3's could also be copied onto HD and then all added.

Micge
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
BTW, something terribly annoying I just found out. I had added some 20 songs from my iPod earlier through Get Music (not sure 100%, got the localized version) and wanted to delete them now. You delete them through Sing, but they stey on the Get Music list making it VERY cluttered to browse. Any clue as to how I can remove them from there completely?

manieldoran
01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't think you can delete individual songs from Get Music, but you can select which device you want to show songs from by pressing the back button (opposite of the start button). Then you just choose which ones you want to get rid of (make them grey) and which you want to keep (make them white).

Micge
01-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't think you can delete individual songs from Get Music, but you can select which device you want to show songs from by pressing the back button (opposite of the start button). Then you just choose which ones you want to get rid of (make them grey) and which you want to keep (make them white).

Ah, but even if I deselect all the devices listed (disc, hd, marketplace) the songs from my disconnected iPod still show on the list.

PiaMaria79
01-28-2009, 06:38 AM
After hours and hours of playing Lips I'm only lacking these achievements,

One Giant Leap for Mankind
Added 20 songs to Lips from external sources

This is madness!
Added 300 songs to Lips from external sources

Call Me Superstar
Achieved a Grand Ranking of "Superstar"

Defending Champion
Got 20 challenge wins

First Kiss
Participated in 2P Kiss game ranked as "Match Made in Heaven" (Except in Freestyle mode)

I don't like singing songs without lyrics so haven't been too keen to add any from my mp3 player... and definitely don't want those added songs to clutter my get music section so really not sure if I'll ever get the two achievements...

Call Me Superstar - as soon as I get 38 green medals more I have this one :)

Challenge wins - will take time, only have 1 win so far :p

First Kiss - we just can't seem to be able to get this one ( I know how it's done though)

Now I'm just wondering what will I do when pretty much all achievements have been achieved, sucks really :D

Stufin135
01-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Ah, but even if I deselect all the devices listed (disc, hd, marketplace) the songs from my disconnected iPod still show on the list.
Just to let you know you can actually delete these songs by highlighting them pressing A and scrolling down to the option that says delete (a few down from sing). Annoying i know took me hours to find and then hours to delete 300 of them :P

Kevin Boleware
04-24-2009, 06:53 PM

This achievement can also be gotten by having both players score 0 points. It will count as a win for both players. Just starting a song and immediately quitting should speed up this achievement. :)

Kevin Boleware
04-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Just to let you know you can actually delete these songs by highlighting them pressing A and scrolling down to the option that says delete (a few down from sing). Annoying i know took me hours to find and then hours to delete 300 of them :P

This is only on the sing portion of the game though. The problem is that if you want to add more songs from another device (on the Get Music screen) then the old songs are still seen. Appears to be no way to delete them off this screen, which I agree with everyone else, is quite annoying. :mad:

Baihu1983
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Whats the best song to get the Party medal? Seems to be very random :uzi:

Baihu1983
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Forget the last post, seems you can get it with in 10 seconds on co op or simply have 2 controllers switched on. And it appears if you both get it[which you should] then it adds 2 to your total count :woop:

BurtonBoarder7
04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I have downloaded 382 songs in to my Lips game and still no achievement. Does anyone know if there is a glitch with this achievement??

BurtonBoarder7
05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Anybody still around on this thread?! I need some help. :confused:

WoodsMonk
05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
I have downloaded 382 songs in to my Lips game and still no achievement. Does anyone know if there is a glitch with this achievement??

I had the same problem, I had 270ish songs from my 360 added, and 30 or so from my Ipod, So i just burned another 30 songs to my 360 and the acheevie popped up!

So I don't know if you have to add 300songs from the same external source?

eliott256
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM

You have to do all 300 in one go.

(I realise this was posted a few months ago, so you probably have it sorted by now, but heyho lol)

Baihu1983
07-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Anybody still around on this thread?! I need some help. :confused:

Would help if you told us what you need help with?

Just got to get 100,000 stars and 20 wins

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Seems a ball ache adding 300 songs..
But if I gotta, I gotta...
Need people to challenge and let me win for the 20 challenges though..