PDA

View Full Version : Saved Data On Hard Drive

zI Beef Iz
08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I know that you can recover your gamertag and attain achievements on somebody else's 360, but is it possible for me to recover my gamertag on a friend's 360 and go on (for example) SvR 2008 and load their saved data with my account? (So it's their saved data, but I could (for example) bloody every ECW wrestler on the roster and get the achievement even though on my hard drive on my 360, I haven't unlocked every ECW superstar).

I think I've explained the question, but if it doesn't make sense I'll try again. :p

Daywalker-san
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
From what you are saying, it sounds like if you are asking if account swapping is a good idea. Dont do it, its asking for trouble and is looked down upon by the community.
If you need cash to unlock the roster, start a season on Legend with Triple H, and simulate a whole season a few times. you will end up with a huge surplus of cash

zI Beef Iz
08-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Okay, thanks. I wasn't aware it was account swapping (well, not aware that it was looked down upon, as to me it's not really different from boosting, which, in a way, is just as bad then?). When you say 'the community', do you mean the community of Live users or Microsoft? (i.e. it's against the rules), and is what I asked possible? I've only been a member of Live since March.

But I'll do the Triple H thing and try that. It's just I'm rubbish at SvR 2008, and prefer 2007.

JC
08-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Okay, thanks. I wasn't aware it was account swapping (well, not aware that it was looked down upon, as to me it's not really different from boosting, which, in a way, is just as bad then?). When you say 'the community', do you mean the community of Live users or Microsoft? (i.e. it's against the rules), and is what I asked possible? I've only been a member of Live since March.

But I'll do the Triple H thing and try that. It's just I'm rubbish at SvR 2008, and prefer 2007.
Well, account swapping is against Microsofts Xbox Live Terms of Use, so I would steer well clear of it. ;)

Daywalker-san
08-14-2008, 10:51 PM
It is technically possible, and is done by people to gain achievements non-legitimately. And i read your OP wrong :p, turns out what you were referring too is not what i thought it was.

zI Beef Iz
08-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Okay then, so for examples sake I could copy a friend's SvR saved data onto a memory unit, plug that memory unit into my 360 and play that saved data and that wouldn't be against the rules of Live?

Daywalker-san
08-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Wouldent work, the saves are assigned to the profile that creates them

zI Beef Iz
08-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Wouldent work, the saves are assigned to the profile that creates them

Ah, I read a review for a memory unit that said you could do it, oh well.