PDA

View Full Version : Problems defeating certain units

SonOfNorris86
08-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Right now I am playing Beta Centari on Deity difficulty. Pretty much after I am finally up and running it is nearly impossible to defeat any other country ouside the use of a nuke. Since there is only one in the game thats about all I can take over. So I usually just end up massing Modern Infintry on each of my city. Right now as I play I have upwards of 10 armys on my least populated city and upwards of 20 on my most populated city. I do this because comps have pretty much shown me they are near impossible to defeat especially once they fight enough battles they become pretty much impossible to defeat in a fortified city.

So pretty much looking at my screen I have ever country surrounding my cities mostly with Fighter wings, which outside of more Fighter Wings I can not figure out how to defeat them without suffering massive casulties. Another thing is I have tried to take other cities but I can send in tons and tons of stuff but will lose 8+ units to the enemy infinitry defending the city.

So in short my question is what is the best way to defeat Modern Infinitry defending a city and what is the best unit to defeat Fighter Wings.

Seraph Metatron
08-15-2008, 02:16 AM
I have not been in your situation, but I think Artillery and Bomber armies have the highest attack. Don't know what to tell you about the fighters.

SonOfNorris86
08-15-2008, 04:38 AM
I can't get my artillery to attack fighter wings. I assumed they would since its like that in almost all games. Also bomber wings can't initiate an attack on figher wings and when they are defending they can sometimes win.

So ya is it me or did they not think to hard when making the Fighter Wings. From what I can tell only other fighter wings can even attack them so wtf?

A Satyr
08-15-2008, 04:56 AM
Yea... heres a tip from my experience. never ever play Beta on Deity unless you want economic victory because you cant leave your city at all with the dozens of fighter wings outside you city at all times... I got the other 3 victorys on Eternal combat

SonOfNorris86
08-15-2008, 06:19 AM
It doesn't actually bother me I just waited it out and got the domination victory by 2424 with highest population. I just really want to know if there is anyway to beat those things I talked about above.

A Satyr
08-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Yea this game is filled with bullshit, planes are just 1 aspect of it. Random wins and losses are another...

KabuKiArcade
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Planes are the only thing that beat other planes, because even the 'special' planes like zeros and mustangs have a low defense. They key is to set up your attacks so that it doesn't take two moves to get to a plane and therefore leave your wing out in the open to get nailed.

As far as the cities, once the CPU has modern infantry, it really helps to have a battleship fleet right next to the city for the extra 81(?) attack boost. But if they are fully upgraded with Loyalty, Leadership, and Engineer, you pretty much need Blitz and Infiltration to counter that, and even then you are going to need stacks of units.

They key really is that the CPU will never have too much defense in one city, so if you send a stack of 10 armies, you will whittle them down eventually.