PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the Drinking Class -- Glitched? Or what?

Siduakal77
08-15-2008, 05:07 AM
I've repeatedly built cities that were level 31, and were able to one-turn build even 500 resource cost wonders. I've sat eating turns with these things as the Mongols (With 4 mountains around my city... ..Mongol bonus kicks in on each mountain)

And I can't get this achievement. I've got 2 great people left, so I can get that NP.. But I need this drinking class one to 100%. Anyone know what my issue may be?

Seraph Metatron
08-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Have you tried it with anyone other than the mongols? I don't know if that could be the issue, I have no idea why. Just trying to brainstorm.

KabuKiArcade
08-15-2008, 03:00 PM
In city view, at the top where it shows your hammers, that number has to be at least 200. If it is not, you won't get the achievement. Make sure you have everything that improves hammers, like workshops and factories... make sure your government is communism, as you get a boost there, and make sure you are manually adjusting your citizens to work on the hammer spots (balanced citizen deployment will never get you 200 hammers, as the CPU would rather keep the people in the city).

The Mo'
08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I had the same problem for a while -- stuck at 140 production -- switch to Communism to get a 50% boost.

Siduakal77
08-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I'll make another run at it. I didn't even think to check the value.. I figured when I produced a end game wonder in one turn that was sufficient lol

Mustkill9
08-17-2008, 08:59 AM
I'll make another run at it. I didn't even think to check the value.. I figured when I produced a end game wonder in one turn that was sufficient lol

You didn't even "check the value?" You mean the big number in the upper left of the screen? But you want people to take time to try and help you! I'd ban you if I had the power.

tadpeters
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
I followed the achievement guide exactly and it worked for me.

BMS
08-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I followed the achievement guide exactly and it worked for me.

co-sign

i got this and Organized Knowledge in a game with the greeks

MartiniKiss
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
its not glitched u need to find the right map to do it
and it doesnt have to be done with america btw
i think i got it with the germans or the russians?