PDA

View Full Version : 6 More ROCK BAND albums

aPerfektFIaw
08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=30565

follow the link. I figured I'd post it here rather than in the RB2 forum since we'll be seeing one album by the end of this month before RB2 comes out.

pretty exciting news. ;)

EDIT: source #2
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/688253/Six_New_Rock_Band_Albums_Coming.html

What The Buck?
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Suhhhhweeeeet!

Cant wait to find out.

MistersalJack
08-15-2008, 08:39 PM
YAY! BRING IN THE FLAVOR, BRING IN THE FUNK! damn the dlc for rock band is already big enough with dlc packs coming in every tuesday hahahahahahha.

Dex
08-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I hope one of those albums is the new Metallica - Death Magnetic.

I know we were promised the first single before the album drops (September 12th?), and GH already announced the album would be coming out for GH3/WT, but I'd rather see it in RB1/2.

Dla911
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
I hope one of those albums is the new Metallica - Death Magnetic.

Hell Yes i Hope so

Chris PW
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Great stuff! I can't wait to find out which albums are coming out.

sharonoagain
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Hmm, seems the source at G4 has pulled their post. Wonder what's up?

xCOBRAx
08-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Steely Dan's "Bodhisattva," included with Rock Band 2, is destined to be the most difficult guitar song ever in the series. Drake said the guitar part is "mathematically possible" to play, but, as yet, no one has been able to score 100% on the song. We're sure the legion of Rock Band 2 players out there will take this as a challenge come the release of the game in October!

taken from the first source and that being said, him saying this makes me want to cry....this undeniably means i will not be passing the expert career lol :\

Matrarch
08-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm trying to look at it this way. No one being able to 100% the song doesn't mean it's not passable. They may cleverly put easy OD paths so that you have just enough to squeak by the song.

Or it'll be another GGaHT which just takes some plugging at but is doable with a little practice and luck. I hope it wouldn't be something *impossible* to just pass. Gold starring is always another story. :)

soccerplaya13cj
08-16-2008, 04:13 PM
My guesses on albums.
-Some Foo-Fighter album. They've been on both disk, so I imagine something is in the works.
-An older Metallica album. Heard somewhere that they had rights to a ton of songs, so we'll see.
-Soundgarden album. On both disk.
-Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood. We've gotten tons of promotional stuff, I imagine some classic is coming.
-Dream Theatre album. Portney plays the game a ton and was really happy with being included in the game (see interview). So the future is hopeful for this band.

Piccolo549
08-16-2008, 04:17 PM
looking foward to the metal ablum, maybe powerslave?

xCOBRAx
08-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm trying to look at it this way. No one being able to 100% the song doesn't mean it's not passable. They may cleverly put easy OD paths so that you have just enough to squeak by the song.

my comment was mainly a personal reflection unfortunatley. i still cant beat GGaHT so there is very little likelyhood that i will be able to beat this song hehe.

Nick Is I
08-17-2008, 09:02 PM
correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it mentioned that they would have an album from each genre. Alternative, Rock, Pop Punk, Punk, Metal?

so the above post of Metallica, Motley Crue, Soundgarden, etc. isnt very likely

JJBDude
08-17-2008, 11:18 PM
I will spend as much as it takes to get Trivium's new album in the game lol.

Someone suggested a Foo Fighter album which would be cool, I reckon there's a chance that will happen as well as Metallica's new album and a few old band albums.

DevilGuy
08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Awesome! I can't wait. Wow. 500 DLC's is a lot. :O

soccerplaya13cj
08-18-2008, 08:53 PM
correct me if im wrong, but wasnt it mentioned that they would have an album from each genre. Alternative, Rock, Pop Punk, Punk, Metal?

so the above post of Metallica, Motley Crue, Soundgarden, etc. isnt very likely
nowhere does it say that and no way in hell those are 'the 6 genres'. That's 5 genres and I love how the two you pulled out of your ass are pretty much the same. You left out pop, and everything on this game is rock.

If we're gonna go at it from a genre standpoint:
Metal - Old Metallica
Pop - Michael Jackson - Thriller, Prince - Purple Rain, Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree, etc. Just guesses.
Alternative - Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Soundgarden, Weezer (Pinkerton), etc.
Random - Guesses go to Deep Purple Machine Head, AC/DC - Back in Black, Dream Theater, Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood, Green Day - Dookie

BTW, welcome to the forums, glad you got owned.

edd__
08-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Listening to Bodhisattva now, never heard it before, but it's a quality song, should be great fun to (try and) play.

I'm thinking and hoping that one of these albums will be something very different to what we've seen. Maybe something like The Roots? Touch this illa-fifth dynamite ;D
Soundgarden would be awesome, as would Beck. or Jane's Addiction, or Smashing Pumpkins, or Blind Melon, or Rage, or something..
Trying to think of some a bit different they could throw out there.. maybe something like Bedouin Soundclash? or early Groove Armada? or Capdown, would love to play Ska Wars