PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Mics

KillTheft_Echo
08-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I am so frustrated with these stupid piece of crap Xbox 360 wired Mics. Gosh. Ive gone through 4 since i have had my 360. Pieces of crap. Now one just broke on my yesterday.:mad:

DCS 23
08-16-2008, 07:19 PM
i feel your pain ive gone through six mics..even the mic that came with the chat pad has broke :( that as a good mic aswell...

JC
08-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Yep, Xbox 360 mics are not built to last I'm afraid. :(

Mind, I still have mine since I bought my 360 in 2007.

RickOfPompey
08-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I am so frustrated with these stupid piece of crap Xbox 360 wired Mics. Gosh. Ive gone through 4 since i have had my 360. Pieces of crap. Now one just broke on my yesterday.:mad:
i feel your pain ive gone through six mics..even the mic that came with the chat pad has broke :( that as a good mic aswell...

What are you doing with them lol. I've had mine about 18 months, and its been misused, chucked behind the tele and trod on countless times, and mine still works.

Ben Sharpe
08-16-2008, 08:31 PM
I have one mine for nearly two years and it is still fine, I also have a wireless one and I have had it for a year and no problems with it either :)

Female Ninja
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
The only time mine broke was when I broke it, when I was mad. Before that it worked like a charm for over a year or so....I have never seen where one breaks unless YOU break it.

Piccolo549
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM
yeah i seem to go through one every couple of months, ive gone through i think 10-11

LumberjackNate
08-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow thats a ton of mics to break.. I've had one break on me, and it technically wasn't broke. The mic just got quiet all of a sudden but still worked just not well. That was after a year of abuse including stomping and throwing. Gotta love GoW and CoD4

Female Ninja
08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
yeah i seem to go through one every couple of months, ive gone through i think 10-11

What are you doing to them exactly?

iTz a Ninja
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm currently looking at buying my fourth. Haven't got around to it at the moment seeing as my xbox is broke so there's really no point.

mentaljason
08-16-2008, 10:12 PM
My first lasted 16 months of solid use before having the end of the jack snap off because the wire was caught and I raised the guitar to activate starpower. And I prefer the old mics even if they are the ones that cannot jack in to a computer because it is easier to mute and it really molds with the controller!

xENVxGAMERSKREW
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
ive only had 2 and they lasted a long time near 2 years but, (1 year each or so :P) but i got so fricking tired of those wires so i went wireless that way i dont have to buy another one for a loooooooooooooong time.

Deadly Moves
08-16-2008, 10:16 PM
What are you guys doin with your mics?! :eek:
I havent had any problems with mine and ive had it for over a year..

njdevils17
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm on my 3rd mic. They just break randomly which is annoying. I wish Microsoft would make a quality mic that didn't break from normal use.

_DaNnY_
08-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm on my 3rd mic. They just break randomly which is annoying. I wish Microsoft would make a quality mic that didn't break from normal use.

Agreed, with mine i suddenly one day couldn't hear through the headset anymore; only the mouth piece works.

As i'm a cheapskate now I have to listen to everybody through the TV which means I have to turn the TV volume up.

It's kinda sucky, they're 15 (about $28 - $32) in the UK so they're kinda expensive for the quality and lastability that they offer.

I've heard the wireless ones (they cost about 30 here so that's $60) are very reliable but I really don't like the look of it and would prefere a wired one with my wireless controller =/

Oh well :)

Deadly Moves
08-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Agreed, with mine i suddenly one day couldn't hear through the headset anymore; only the mouth piece works.

As i'm a cheapskate now I have to listen to everybody through the TV which means I have to turn the TV volume up.

It's kinda sucky, they're 15 (about $28 - $32) in the UK so they're kinda expensive for the quality and lastability that they offer.

I've heard the wireless ones (they cost about 30 here so that's $60) are very reliable but I really don't like the look of it and would prefere a wired one with my wireless controller =/

Oh well :)
You heard wrong my friend... The wireless headsets are a big ripoff!!!
Plus they give me ear ache after a while.

_DaNnY_
08-17-2008, 03:10 AM
You heard wrong my friend... The wireless headsets are a big ripoff!!!
Plus they give me ear ache after a while.

The volume/sound quality on them is louder???

Deadly Moves
08-17-2008, 03:18 AM
The volume/sound quality on them is louder???
True..
but...

the battery life is crap
there harder to mute
there harder to alter the volume
there known to give people ear ache after a while
and there more expensive than the wired mic's

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
08-17-2008, 03:31 AM
I have a wireless mic and I have never had a single problem with it. Its really easy to turn the volume up/down and to mute it you just press the power button once and its muted. It is very comfortable on my ears IDK about the people that DM know :p
I would highly recommend the wireless mic as it is a quality mic unlike the crap wired ones.

dm master
08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
True..
but...

the battery life is crap
there harder to mute
there harder to alter the volume
there known to give people ear ache after a while
and there more expensive than the wired mic's

ive got one 2

my battery life is about 7 hours

there fine to mute and alter the volume

ear ache ill give you (just take it off for a bit every hour of something)

there not much more expencive but they are more reliable and the sound quality is beter and you dont get the over the head thingy catching your hair.

but how do you break your mics so much mine broke after 6 months CONSTANT use so i got the wireless one which is lasted me a year

ravensfanyuya
08-17-2008, 04:05 PM
what do u do with your mics...ive had mine since i got my xbox over a year ago

vI Starlight Iv
08-17-2008, 04:11 PM
they are rubbish why would microsoft fix them when they make loads of money

Deadly Moves
08-17-2008, 04:12 PM
ive got one 2

my battery life is about 7 hours

there fine to mute and alter the volume

ear ache ill give you (just take it off for a bit every hour of something)

there not much more expencive but they are more reliable and the sound quality is beter and you dont get the over the head thingy catching your hair.

but how do you break your mics so much mine broke after 6 months CONSTANT use so i got the wireless one which is lasted me a year
What i mean is...
that, its easier to mute and alter the volume with the wired mic, bcos its right next to the controller.. Instead of moving your hand to your head

dm master
08-17-2008, 04:23 PM
What i mean is...
that, its easier to mute and alter the volume with the wired mic, bcos its right next to the controller.. Instead of moving your hand to your head ]

ohh ok i get ch but its a workout to mute your mic now you can lose all that weight just from turning it down

Gun-Nut
08-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Personally not had any problems with my microphone and had it for over a year :D

DigitalFury
08-17-2008, 05:23 PM
I actually just bought a new headset on Ebay ($5.90 U.S., thank you) because mine is starting to die. It's not broken yet, but I can tell it's on its way out the door because from time to time it just goes dead and I have to manipulate the wire a bit until it come back on. I've had mine for 13 months and it's been used and abused the whole time.

I just wish I could use USB headsets because I've had the same USB headset for like 4 years and that thing works great. I used to use it with my PS2 and I still use it to listen to the radio on my computer when my wife is watching TV. I paid $20 for it and it's the most durable peripheral I have ever bought for a video game system. It has outlasted 2 PS2's, a USB PS2 keyboard, 4 PS2 controllers, 2 Guitar Hero guitars a DDR pad and my Xbox 360 and my Xbox 360 headset.

blackflame0729
08-17-2008, 06:10 PM

Make sure its not your controller. I've gone threw 4 and found out that it was my controllers. But dont you love microsoft? I baught a new controller and it broke (mic wise) within a few weeks.

vI Starlight Iv
08-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Make sure its not your controller. I've gone threw 4 and found out that it was my controllers. But dont you love microsoft? I baught a new controller and it broke (mic wise) within a few weeks.

well isnt that lucky lol they are terrible

Hypnotik Robot
08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
What are you doing with them lol. I've had mine about 18 months, and its been misused, chucked behind the tele and trod on countless times, and mine still works.

x2. I've stepped on it so many times and before rasing my foot back up said, "Welp that's it, I guess I can justify buying the wireless one now," only to lift my foot back up and watch it spring back into shape completely unscathed.

Fonkey Monkey
08-17-2008, 07:56 PM
ive had mine since launch, which is coming up on what ,3 years?

ill give you that its an absolute piece of shit, but i dont see how you can go through so many. just bad luck i suppose.