PDA

View Full Version : Sad games...

chris113113
08-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Wow... compared to the original Fable pub games, these are extremely disappointing... I was expecting more interaction, sort of like what they did with Coin Golf... but even better. Don't get me wrong, the games are fun, but I think that Lionhead could have given Microsoft's development team better ideas...

sk0m
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
well Lionhead might be saving the better pub games for the actual game, maybe we'll see the return of coin golf and the others. Personally spinnerbox is the only game I hate, Fortune's Tower is the best and Keystone is ok.

xxSnyprzElit3xx
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
i totally agree, but, like you said, the games are still fun.

Atarii
08-16-2008, 09:44 PM
They're kinda frustrating if you're going for achievements because Keystone and Spinnerbox (both of which I hate) are chance games. Fortune's Tower on the other hand is fun and although it is also a chance game it is one that you have some sort of control over. Keystone and Spinnerbox need to go DIAFF

edit: spelling

Fruhmann360
08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
yeah. i just had a great time getting a second profile to level 5 stars by spamming A on fortunes tower. i'd set the game up, start hitting A, hit B a few times every so often to clear unlockable screens.i turn the input back on tv.every so often i'd check to see it a table with higher bidding was available and move to it.

i watched legends of the fall. good movie.

xepherys
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Wow... compared to the original Fable pub games, these are extremely disappointing... I was expecting more interaction, sort of like what they did with Coin Golf... but even better. Don't get me wrong, the games are fun, but I think that Lionhead could have given Microsoft's development team better ideas...

The Pub Games were not developed by Lion's Head OR Microsoft. They were developed by Carbonated Games.

Groundogg
08-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm a bit disappointed that there was not multiplayer added, it would've made the game so much better.

I also don't like how everything revolves around luck, an actual card game (like UNO, or Poker) would've been nice where you have to play your cards right, bluff etc.

chris113113
08-17-2008, 02:48 AM
The Pub Games were not developed by Lion's Head OR Microsoft. They were developed by Carbonated Games.

Oops, I thought Carbonated Games was a section of Microsoft's development team. My mistake <_<.

Tekken
08-17-2008, 04:02 AM
I also would have liked to seen some more interesting pub games. Not enough interaction in these. Even though they are mostly luck based I'm glad I was able to get the achievements quickly, and the odds of hitting jackpot weren't TOO ridiculous.

x_Silxx_x
08-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I think they are a little dissapointing, yeah.. but isn't gambling all about luck anyways?
Yeah on many games you can have a strategy, but at the end of the day you can't construct a plan to always win.