Guitar, Medium
Vocals, Medium

Drums, Hard
Guitar, Hard
Vocals, Hard

Drums, Expert
Guitar, Expert
Vocals, Expert

You may enter as many divisions as you wish, however, you can only win in one division per instrument. If you switch difficulties on a particular instrument mid-week, your last entry is the one that counts.

Score is what matters. The highest score in each division wins.

If you win on Medium or Hard you must move up at least one difficulty level the following week or sit the week out. If you win on Expert you must stay on Expert until you lose or sit out a week.

A screenshot of the score screen that appears after the song is completed must be posted. No other screens will be accepted as proof of score. Please have the following easily identifiable: song name, score, and instrument icon.

If you win all three instruments, No more than 1 may be Medium difficulty, in a given week (Hat Trick), you get to pick the song for the following week.

There will be no ties. First person to post a score in a division gets credit for it. Only post a score if it is higher than a score already posted.

Contest will run from Midnight (EST) Saturday to Midnight (EST) the following Saturday. The contest closes at Midnight, whether I actually post that the contest is closed or not. I will not accept any entries posted after that time.

The songs are chosen at random by computer from a list of songs that have not been played yet. I have no input into what song comes next on the list.

Special Rule for Hat Trick
In the case of multiple winning Hat Tricks posted in the same week, the following system will be used to determine the winner. Each difficulty is assigned a handicapping point value. Each Medium entry gets 1 points, each Hard entry gets 2 points, and each Expert entry gets 3 points. The person whose Hat Trick entry has the highest number of points is the winner.

Ties follow the same rules as individual entries. First one posted wins.

Special Note: Send me a PM with your song request when you think you have a Hat Trick. It prevents troubles in getting the next song up.

================================================== ===

Big thanks to soccerplaya for getting these started, and OldWIKI Tik for doing the banner graphics for both contests.

Feel free to discuss any issues you have with the contests with me.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Considering I do not have this song, or points, I will sit out this week:(

sharonoagain
08-17-2008, 04:31 AM
I probably will too, since I don't have the DLC. We'll see. I get my 360 back this week and may have to DL a bunch of music when we are reunited ... BUT I go back to work this week too. Time will tell.

xCOBRAx
08-17-2008, 08:07 AM
i donno something about me not liking NIN and being here [picture will be inserted soon i swear] may have something to with my lack of participation this week, still waiting for closer to the heart!!! woo rush! heh

Mike255
08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
You wanna go first anime? :p

animeaddict42
08-17-2008, 05:47 PM
You wanna go first anime? :p
Nah I couldn't why don't you? Laying off of my drums to see if my yellow pad gets better (won't work but might as well try), besides I want to know how good you are at insanely technically songs before I try and beat it.

Mike255
08-17-2008, 06:26 PM
If you insist. :)

This is good for 5th place XBL. Couple dumb mistakes
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/Lunacy255/Theperfectdrug.jpg

sharonoagain
08-17-2008, 06:27 PM
LOL

I believe what we have here is a Mexican standoff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_standoff)... fascinating ...

*pulling up a chair*

EDIT!!!! *ducking* oh CRAP!!

Crimsonthrone
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f73/captinbeefheart/ThePerfectDrugGuitar.jpg
Guitar Expert 182387.

not bad for my second try ill try to the FC but not likely

animeaddict42
08-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Argh, Mike you had to have practiced this beforehand, I'm pulling up 25k short right now. Not to worry, I got a whole week to practice :D, don't count me out yet.

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-17-2008, 07:29 PM
yeah um, Mike, got any tips?

animeaddict42
08-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Aw god damn it, now I'm fluctuating from 35 to 20k off.... I think the week goes to Mike, and there's still 6 days left... Don't you dare lost respect for me though :p

animeaddict42
08-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Bumping so people don't forget about SotW! Especially for any newcomers.

Mike255
08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Ill try singing and guitar later.

animeaddict42
08-19-2008, 07:13 PM
That means I gotta beat your score now, can't have you getting a hat trick now can I? :p

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
08-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Ha...Ha my drums just took a great big shit on my entry for this week. The green pad is completely useless now it registers 1 out of about 100 hits. But do not get happy Mike lol... I am pre-ordering the very sexy ion drums and getting them mid September when they are shipped. Woo for birthday money!

I will be back...

animeaddict42
08-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Holy mother of god, your getting the ION kit, Arctik? Damn I wish I had that much money... the 90 bucks for the regular drums is a pretty big choice to make for all the games I'm buying this year. Unfortunate to hear of your crappy green pad... mine has started to drop the occasional hit as well, at this rate my kit is gonna fall apart right when I plan on selling it :(.

TwistedFate
08-20-2008, 04:58 AM
Holy mother of god, your getting the ION kit, Arctik?

I'm seriously considering it myself. I just geek out every time I see the damn thing. I'll have to see how much money I have left after I order my laptop. Probably, not enough.

Dla911
08-20-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm seriously considering it myself.

Me too.

But as of this week, I will see what this Friday will turn around and play as in DLC and if there is nothing good then i will pick up NIN pack 1 and i will try in on it, other then that if there is good stuff then i wont be in this week, i have the points i keep eye balling the Pack but i will grab a few other songs befor i grab this pack

sharonoagain
08-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Only TWO entries so far? Fabulous scores, BTW, but still.

Seriously disappointing, especially since this song beat out Closer to the Heart. I like NIN as much as the next girl but ... wow. :confused:

Mike255
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Ill be posting my expert guitar and vocals soon. Theres no way im getting the ion kit. Ill just get the GH:WT kit and use it for RB.

Matrarch
08-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I'll be entering scores later this week. I've been really busy up through today and haven't had much time to play Rock Band at all! :)

I'd go for expert guitar, but I can't gold star this song due to the fast strumming sections in the middle. -_-

edd__
08-20-2008, 03:43 PM
When you guys get the ion kits, any change you could make some vids of them in use? Really intrigued myself, but wanna see how good they actually are before taking the plunge.

Son of Kyuss
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6007/img09292dr2.jpg

Wham bam thank you ma'am?

Mike255
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/Lunacy255/ThePerfectDrug-1.jpghttp://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn234/Lunacy255/PerfectDrug.jpg

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Only TWO entries so far? Fabulous scores, BTW, but still.

Seriously disappointing, especially since this song beat out Closer to the Heart. I like NIN as much as the next girl but ... wow. :confused:
I bet there would be more entries if it was all disc songs, not dlc every other week, just a suggestion.

Mike255
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
We just changed it to every other week. Geez. If you dont have a song, buy it or sit out i guess. Sorry, i hate playing onDisc songs unless i have to.

Dla911
08-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I bet there would be more entries if it was all disc songs, not dlc every other week, just a suggestion.

Befor you start complaining here ya go click the lovely link

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76687&highlight=Song+week

XVx KILL SWITCH
08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
calm down,I wasn't complaining at all, I was just trying to say not everyone has every dlc, and not many people would download them just for the sotw.

TwistedFate
08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
calm down,I wasn't complaining at all, I was just trying to say not everyone has every dlc, and not many people would download them just for the sotw.

Which is exactly why we alternate weeks.

Crimsonthrone
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
damnit my guitar just broke well im guess out for this week (some good scores though)

arCtiK AsSaSsIn
08-22-2008, 10:33 PM
When you guys get the ion kits, any change you could make some vids of them in use? Really intrigued myself, but wanna see how good they actually are before taking the plunge.

Once I get it I will try it out on at least The Who songs, RttH, Dead on Arrival, and some other awesomely hard songs and tell you how it works. I don't have any way of videoing them but if I find a way I will.

I am also getting GH:WT once I save up more money :p

SebastianSB
08-22-2008, 10:49 PM
yay NIN =D I almost missed this due to me forgetting to visit this forum lately for some reason...attempts in a bit.

I don't think I ever got my updated sig from my last two wins, though =(

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5814/asdfqy4.png

5* of course...but if I got far away enough from the screen to see the 5th one, the guitar symbol would turn into a white circle lol

Son of Kyuss
08-24-2008, 03:01 AM
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5299/img0930nm1.jpg

I am the perfect drug, the perfect drug, the perfect drug?

Hope this isn't too late.

(It's guitar just in case you don't notice)

TwistedFate
08-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Contest is closed

Winners:
Drums, Medium:
Guitar, Medium:
Vocals, Medium:

Drums, Hard:
Guitar, Hard: SebastianSB
Vocals, Hard:

Drums, Expert: Mike255
Guitar, Expert: Son of Kyuss
Vocals, Expert: Mike255

Be very careful with your photos. If I have to strain to recognize the icons, I'm going to pass it by. The rules are very specific that the icons must be easily recognizable. My theory is, if you can't be bothered to take a legible picture, I can't be bothered to strain to determine the instrument.

I don't need to see the whole screen. I have the game, I know what the screen looks like. I need the score, instrument icon, and difficulty. I also need enough of the title to see that it's the right song. I don't care about the stars, so you can cut some of those off if you need to. Get closer to the screen if you can't take a decent picture.

animeaddict42
08-24-2008, 05:01 PM
God Mike, that was an awesome score you pulled out. I kinda wished you would have let me go first now >.<. Nice wins, everybody, great scores all around, though the lack of half of the score slots being filled kind of worries me.

Dla911
08-25-2008, 01:02 AM
God Mike, that was an awesome score you pulled out. I kinda wished you would have let me go first now >.<. Nice wins, everybody, great scores all around, though the lack of half of the score slots being filled kind of worries me.

it was toss up for me, Wanted to see what this week was going to pull out of its butt for songs and i will go with this weeks songs insted of NIN (i keep eyeballing the NIN pack but i rather get the other songs i will play more right now then this pack)