PDA

View Full Version : Why dont the Avoided player option work after you file it on certain players???

KING XXX Rated
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I submitted an avoided player on this one gamer who was using vulgar language to a little 13 year old boy. This guy was in his 30's. I joined a new room after the game and he was able to join the same room a few seconds later??? What does the avoid player feedback really good for other than lowering someones rep????

ESJ is Shiznit
08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I submitted an avoided player on this one gamer who was using vulgar language to a little 13 year old boy. This guy was in his 30's. I joined a new room after the game and he was able to join the same room a few seconds later??? What does the avoid player feedback really good for other than lowering someones rep????

Maybe its only in matching on games like halo, gow, graw or cod4. If you avoid a player I doubt you would match up against them again. I would say he only joined the party because he knew someone in that party.

Asian47
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
There are two ways for someone you to play against someone you've already avoided. It could be the games matchmaking system, take GTA IV for example.

It's matchmaking system goes by your TrueSkill rank, albeit more stricter than most games. It makes it so that you constantly play with people you've avoided no matter what. I don't know too many games that are as bad as GTA, but every once in awhile, you'll encounter someone you've avoided, very rarely though.

The only other way someone you've avoided joins your game is if you're in an open party(Halo 3, CoD4), or if your in a player match.

Raven1709
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Doesn't work period. On Lost Planet I filed 50 avoiding players stuff alone with 5 others. All those players came back so it's pretty much worthless feature. If it would work as it should, bye bye idiots.