PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Points WTF!!!!!

master_shake_350
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
WTF I purchased a prepaid Mircosoft Points card and when i enter it on Xbox.com it says this: Can't redeem your code. Please try again.

Can anyone help????

TooMuchCowbell
08-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Make sure the code is exact, it's a long code, easy to mess up a number/letter.

martin88
08-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Try it through the xbox.

master_shake_350
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
F**k me those were fast replies. Ill try on the Xbox later then.

Are there regions for Mircosoft Points???

TooMuchCowbell
08-18-2008, 02:11 PM
No, I'm pretty sure they're universal.

Edit: My mistake, it appears it is not universal, but if you bought it from a store near you, then that store would only carry MS points for your region.

loserboi23
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
there not universal here in Australia, i cant use US codes

ravensfanyuya
08-18-2008, 02:25 PM
some people are poor so they guess codes to get microsoft points, so there could be a chance that someone guessed the code you have

plumbpist
08-18-2008, 02:25 PM
They are not universal.

Are you sure it was activated by the cashier at the store when you purchased it? Ive had that happen to me in the past.

JC
08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
No, I'm pretty sure they're universal.
Incorrect, MS Points are locked to the region. So US MS Points can only be used with US accounts...etc.

Make sure you are typing the code correctly, if it still doesn't work, complain to the store.

master_shake_350
08-18-2008, 03:50 PM
some people are poor so they guess codes to get microsoft points, so there could be a chance that someone guessed the code you have

Dam that would be gay.

Edit: My mistake, it appears it is not universal, but if you bought it from a store near you, then that store would only carry MS points for your region.

Thats probably the problem then, the guys that work in the games shop out here don't no jackshit about games so he probably sold me the wrong region! I think i might apply for a job in the shop.

JC
08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Im not a cheap scate asshole! I bought them from a shop.

Thats probably the problem then, the guys that work in the games shop out here don't no jackshit about games so he probably sold me the wrong region! I think i might apply for a job in the shop.
You misread his post, he said someone may have guessed a code and it was the same code that you bought from the shop.

master_shake_350
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
You misread his post, he said someone may have guessed a code and it was the same code that you bought from the shop.

Yer i know i just edited it.

Sorry man.

Drake O'Phile
08-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Highly unlikely as codes are invalid until the cards are activated at the cash register. Even if someone SOMEHOW guessed your code before it was activated then it would still turn up as an invalid code. The chances of someone not only guessing your code correctly but also guessing it in that small window of time when it was valid and unclaimed is astronomically small.

You may have just had a simple mistake in typing the code in, or perhaps they just didn't activate the code at the register.

master_shake_350
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
or perhaps they just didn't activate the code at the register.

The jackass's at the shop barley no what a 360 is let alone what Microsoft is. How can they register the code if the packaging has not been opened????

dm master
08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
i think its something in the till of a machine they have where they swipe the barcode and itll activate them on MS big database thing

Drake O'Phile
08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
The jackass's at the shop barley no what a 360 is let alone what Microsoft is. How can they register the code if the packaging has not been opened????

If it's wrapped in one of those bulletproof packages and they can't swipe it, then I believe the code is activated when it is scanned at the register.

i think its something in the till of a machine they have where they swipe the barcode and itll activate them on MS big database thing

Exactly correct. If it's just the plastic card (with the removable top half) then there is a little device they swipe it through after they scan it that activates the card.

master_shake_350
08-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Thanks to all that helped. It seems the ding bat at the shop i purchased the points at sold me EU points.

I redeemed them on my mum's account (its European).