PDA

View Full Version : Achievements Discussion

L3giOn
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Please discuss all achievement related material here!
These achievements look pretty easy to me. It seems like you'll get them all just by beating the game.

Tyger7
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
yeah just play through the game, each unlocks it seems which each boss. (most of them)

Sarge McLarge
09-01-2006, 03:25 AM
I think it would've been neat if they had an achievement for collecting all of the Golems, because there sure are a lot of them :eek:.

L3giOn
09-01-2006, 04:04 AM
I think it would've been neat if they had an achievement for collecting all of the Golems, because there sure are a lot of them :eek:.

Yeah I agree with that, and I've collected every one possible so far.

Gprime
09-01-2006, 05:16 AM
For the happy ending do you just beat it and get it or do u have to do side quests n stuff?

Reech
09-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Anyone got an idea on how long it will take to finish this game?

L3giOn
09-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Anyone got an idea on how long it will take to finish this game?

Back of the box says 50 hours...

L3giOn
09-02-2006, 02:54 AM
For the happy ending do you just beat it and get it or do u have to do side quests n stuff?

I don't think there are any side quests so all you should have to do is beat the game...I'll confirm once I've beaten it.

TheMollywhopper
09-03-2006, 12:08 AM
There are a small handfull of side quests.... I'm not entirely sure as I'm only 18% trough the game, but I don't think any are related to achievements.

Reech
09-03-2006, 04:46 PM
As previously stated, all the achievements are main story related ala King Kong

Monsterbox
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Warning, Spoilers!

During the final stage of the game, you will be forced to fight Toya before the final showdown. After the battle you will be given the choice to kill him. If you choose not to kill him, you will receive the happy ending. If you choose to kill him, you will get the bad ending and will not get the achievement.

L3giOn
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Warning, Spoilers!

During the final stage of the game, you will be forced to fight Toya before the final showdown. After the battle you will be given the choice to kill him. If you choose not to kill him, you will receive the happy ending. If you choose to kill him, you will get the bad ending and will not get the achievement.

That sucks, I'll want to kill him but I definitely want the achievement more.

KilluhKam
09-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Warning, Spoilers!

LMAO thats the dumbest thing i ever herd, here's the REAL SPOILER!!!!!

when you beat toya you fight the ice queen, once you fight both of her forms and you win, you use toya and makoto in the fight for the first form of Infinity, in order to get the happy ending, you have to beat the game then when your back in yokohama city, you have to find everyone and tell them where to meet you, once you do that you then go to the meeting place and after the cutscene's and all that you get the achievement, i have no idea where you got that info, but you dont choose to kill him or not, the Queen of Ice absorbs him into her.

Monsterbox
09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
LMAO thats the dumbest thing i ever herd, here's the REAL SPOILER!!!!!

Well, aren't you just the smartest man on the planet. I got it from the official strategy guide, smartass. If that's wrong, the blame Prima.

According to the guide: "After the battle you will get the bad ending if you agreed to kill Toya, but you will move on if you said "Never!" Once you go up the stairs to fight the Queen of Ice, you'll be unable to turn back."

I asked the question elsewhere and it was confirmed that this would give you the "bad ending" that doesn't get you the achievement.

KilluhKam
09-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, aren't you just the smartest man on the planet. I got it from the official strategy guide, smartass. If that's wrong, the blame Prima.

According to the guide: "After the battle you will get the bad ending if you agreed to kill Toya, but you will move on if you said "Never!" Once you go up the stairs to fight the Queen of Ice, you'll be unable to turn back."

I asked the question elsewhere and it was confirmed that this would give you the "bad ending" that doesn't get you the achievement.

i see you also wasted money on the guide, that guide dosn't help out at all its so stupid, was a waste of $20, you think they guide would help you, but it dosnt Prima's slippin on there guides

EDIT: It seems that when i was playing through the game that it diddnt give me the option to do that, the game automatically said Never! When i was playing through it, i apologize (just did the fight again and this time it gave me the option) also, the guide really dosnt help i ended up not using it because everything it said diddnt help me at all

TheMollywhopper
09-16-2006, 07:20 AM
The guide sucks loads of balls (just like everything Prima makes)... Good thing I got a 5-finger discount on it :)

L3giOn
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
The guide sucks loads of balls (just like everything Prima makes)... Good thing I got a 5-finger discount on it :)

Hah, sounds like it wasn't even worth it though! :nana

Flea
09-16-2006, 02:07 PM
For the last fights i just used omega and his death hit or whatever its called,
You then just need to hit the characters once and you win.
:D

L3giOn
09-16-2006, 04:17 PM
For the last fights i just used omega and his death hit or whatever its called,
You then just need to hit the characters once and you win.
:D

Ok, then I'm definitely going to try and get him. :woop:

Volucer
09-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Are the achievements different in the US, because my version haas different names and descriptions to those on the main site.

TheMollywhopper
09-21-2006, 05:44 PM
The achievements are all for fighting the same people and soforth, but they do have different names and discriptions here. I sent Routine the list for NA but I don't think he ever posted it.

CxF Pr0v0k3d
10-17-2006, 11:24 PM
32 hours to get 87% done, but i used a turbo controller to fast forwad through those long cut scenes that take up to 15 minutes to read lol.. and a sick strat guide that walked me through clearly and easily :D

Zef
10-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Are there any bugs with some achievements? I seem to have skipped one out somehow when I beat the Emperor of Fire/Entei (after Poseidon incase you fight him again at some point after Kyoto and get it then)

I'm suprised that there weren't achievements for things other than beating bosses and the game, a golem collecting one and a golem battle one would have been good.

Korix
11-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I was also thinking about, in addition to those above, an achievement for finishing quickly. It would make you play through it twice, but that'd be fine. Also, one for dealing a certain amount of damage to on enemy during a turn, one for saving up SP to a certain number(no cheating), one for raising someone's HP over a certain number, one for racking up hours of battle time, one for doing every attack from every character/golem in the game, all that good stuff. They should have hired me for that part of the game. I'd have only needed one day.

Wreckon Dracgon
11-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I agree Korix and I would have all of them:woop:

RadicalSniper99
12-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I completely agree that the achievements shouldn't have been based in completing the story. I know there needs to be a bunch from that side of the game, but having side quest stuff would have been nice.

Stuff like getting Omega or finishing the Colliseum would be achievements that mean something to other people. Finishing the story is TOO EASY. This game is an easy 1000 even though it takes a fair amount of time to finish.

xVanished
02-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Can someone awnser this real simply question for me?

Are all the achievements story related, like if i were just to go thru the game n beat it, will i get 100% of the achievements if i have totally beaten the game?

Melf
03-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Can someone awnser this real simply question for me?

Are all the achievements story related, like if i were just to go thru the game n beat it, will i get 100% of the achievements if i have totally beaten the game?

yeah just play through the game, each unlocks it seems which each boss. (most of them)

I don't think there are any side quests so all you should have to do is beat the game...I'll confirm once I've beaten it.

As previously stated, all the achievements are main story related ala King Kong

Are there any bugs with some achievements? I seem to have skipped one out somehow when I beat the Emperor of Fire/Entei (after Poseidon incase you fight him again at some point after Kyoto and get it then)

I'm suprised that there weren't achievements for things other than beating bosses and the game, a golem collecting one and a golem battle one would have been good.

I completely agree that the achievements shouldn't have been based in completing the story. I know there needs to be a bunch from that side of the game, but having side quest stuff would have been nice.

Stuff like getting Omega or finishing the Colliseum would be achievements that mean something to other people. Finishing the story is TOO EASY. This game is an easy 1000 even though it takes a fair amount of time to finish.

I'd say they're story related. ;)

KrauseOasis BR
04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
uhuuuu, im completed 100 % archiev this game, 34 hours , nice rpg!!

tks guys!!

ThaMissinLink
06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I saw it for 10 bucks brand new today..so maybe I'll pick this up

Sizzlebuzz
08-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Beat the game at level 69 with the secret dungeon weapons and around 4.5k hp. Full 1k. Woot.

squirrelbomber0
08-06-2010, 05:29 AM
the achievements for this are lame when i do something achievement worthy i wanna be able to look back at me achievements and see a symbol of my accomplishment but instead i see a bunch of the same thing and dont know what is for what unless i read it

DanielRoyLivall
06-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Bit stupid you don't need to complete the bonus dungeon or collect all the golems or anything. Way too easy this way.

Rockmen v3
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Just picked this game up real cheap to see what it was and I'm glad to see easy achievements haha.

Hyde21
03-02-2013, 07:36 AM
Hii brothers & sisters, i want to ask :

1. I just already finished this game, but why there's still 3 achivements
not unlocked? Is there any glitch? I think the achievements are not
unlock, after beating ice of queen in ice temple (Final area) & happy
ending achievements, and one more is after beating efreet,
2. How can i got happy ending ?
If i read the guide, there's only must second choose when i fought
Touya at ice temple (Final area).

I'm stress because i spent almost 80 hours to beat this game, but there's still 3 achievements not unlocked. Any suggestion ?
thanx.

antthekneeee
11-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Probably one of the worst icons in my opinion. I hate when the game companies just repeat them.

LazyD81
02-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Muhahaha I`m playing this game now, and I need to boost my post stat.