PDA

View Full Version : FFS...(UK release dates)

Albino Goose
08-19-2008, 04:11 PM
ok sorry to rant but i reallllly need to let it out lol.

why the hell do the uk always get delayed realease dates? surely its simple enough to release the games all on the one date?

im really pissed off as i jsut found out that North america has too human and i been waiting for it for AGES!

and it was the same for rockband... but that just took the piss (released may in UK)

sooooo any ideas why we get delayed releases lol?

JD FTW
08-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Because we are from the the Ugay

Santa
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Well Too Human is bad so that's no biggy.

Rock Band wasn't too bad as we had GH 3 to keep us happy.

Chojin
08-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Because it's easier to see how well it does in one regional market then proceed based on the market research.

If a game does well in the US (largest market) then demand will go up in other countries.

Either this, or because it's easier to supply one region at a time rather than everywhere all at once.

Supply and Demand!

JD FTW
08-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Lol im a drummer so the wait for Rock Band killed me

Santa
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah but still, the songs on Rock Band were terrible for drums, there was no amazing stuff, maybe run to the hills. But still, where's the Paradise City? Are we the Waiting? They have heavy drums, well not heavy but you know.

JD FTW
08-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah, the DLC more then made up for it, still cant do Thrasher ::(

Santa
08-19-2008, 05:12 PM
One single song though. And a game shouldn't need DLC to be good tbh.

Crimson Ridley
08-19-2008, 06:09 PM
It might also be because the BBFC take their sweet time rating something to be damn sure that Viva Pinata gets the right rating in case someone kills somebody over it. And because PEGI isn't legally binding yet, the BBFC rate a lot more.

Keano
08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Because America loves to screw us over.

Bax x360a
08-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Microsoft views America as a much more profitable region than Europe, and therefore concentrates more on that area due to more income being made there, which is fair enough at the end of the day; you'd do exactly the same thing in Microsoft's shoes...

AlexUplinked
08-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm sure that it annoys most people. Heck, I'm annoyed that they get Fable 2 before us, and I've been waiting for that ever since TLC was released, and the rumours began :p But its just something you get over, you can always buy a USA console and import the game over. All though, you shouldn't have to do that, but its the only option you really have.

Rock Band was really annoying for me, and the prices were insane, but Rock Band 2 is coming out at the same time in UK, then it is USA.

But, just be happy - We get Spore before they do :p!

[Alex]

Gun-Nut
08-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Was kinda annoyed about Too Human also but its only like a week off its not like with Rock Band!

Ben Sharpe
08-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Rock Band was because of the problems EA had shipping the thing and licencing all the songs in Europe.

Normally we get games on the Friday and America on a Tuesday, it has been like that for years

vI Starlight Iv
08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah but still, the songs on Rock Band were terrible for drums, there was no amazing stuff, maybe run to the hills. But still, where's the Paradise City? Are we the Waiting? They have heavy drums, well not heavy but you know.

agreed rock band drum songs suck.....abit of green day please

Crimson Ridley
08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Nobody cares if you think Rock Band has a bad setlist for Drums, this thread is to do with UK Release Dates, unless you didn't notice that.

Even though we have alot of delays here, we also get a fair amount of games before anyone else. Hitman and Tomb Raider come out in Europe before anywhere else, as did GRID.

vI Starlight Iv
08-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Nobody cares if you think Rock Band has a bad setlist for Drums, this thread is to do with UK Release Dates, unless you didn't notice that.

Even though we have alot of delays here, we also get a fair amount of games before anyone else. Hitman and Tomb Raider come out in Europe before anywhere else, as did GRID.

oh sorry sir..........

very rarely now do people from the UK have to wait ages for games compared to the US for example i think fable 2 is like 4 days apart or something like that....

part of the reason is licensing and ratings i think that the US is age rated in one go were as PAL releases are judged by many different countrys and austrailia

DCS 23
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
oh well no sleep lost over that game gettin held back or not released or wateva..
!

Yogurt Top
08-19-2008, 08:25 PM
its only a 10 day wait for too human, im sure you can wait

x KrazieNoob x
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
You could always move if it bothers you that much lol :P But anyways, I think Chojin has a very good point as to why you guys get it late.

Santa
08-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Well you see, i'm saying if we have to wait for something, we should get what we want.

If i wait for 2 hours for a meal, i want the meal to be amazing.

And TBH Hitman and Tomb Raider aren't exactly big top new release games are they?

But like i said, waiting 4 months you want the game to be amazing, i think we got muse like 2 or 3 tracks? Come off it, that is appaling.

pwjuggalo
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
honestly it is because most games are created in ntsc-U.S. format soit comes out here first then they reformat it and release it else where plus they also have to redo the case and booklets, america is the only place that they release games in one language for most other countries they have to wait the cases to be reprinted and packaged so it has english and french or spanish or japanese plus redoing the in game language and animations for things

Yann
08-20-2008, 12:22 AM
It's not that they are ignoring Europe per say. That's a small part of it. But a European release with voice acting requires translation, which takes time.

The reason for Rock Bands delay was that there were very few instruments floating around and they just couldnt get up enough stock fast enough to send them to Europe.

_DaNnY_
08-20-2008, 01:15 AM
In the olden days with PS1, SNES and even PS2 to a degree the UK got releases MONTHS LATER than USA, i mean we used to get major RPGs 6+ Months later than USA on the PS1 even though we share the same language as the U.S (near enough) infact alot of games didn't even get released here.

As a kid I would ask different game store owners and other gamers why this was and the answer they gave would be. "The game has to be translated into italian,spanish,french and german as well as making slight modifications to the grammar of the american release. Once that is finished and the new boxart has been made they can start to ship units out"

That's how it was and any RPG gamer will tell you that the UK got truely ripped off on PS1 RPGs compared to America: Chrono Cross, Tales Of Eternia, Xenogears, Lunar Silver Star Story, Lunar Eternal Blue, Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean: The Second Story never even got a release in the UK because of the translation issues, all were big titles and sold huge numbers in the states but never reached UK shores.

To be honest waiting an extra 10 days for Too human is nothing to moan about in comparison just because you know people in another country are able to play it already.

All european countries originally had an August 19th release date but all have been pushed back, I guess there was a problem somewhere and so we're getting a push back instead of a shared release date with America.

Don't let it stress you so much, on average now we get games a month later MAX; usually we get the same dates as america and the odd game will be 1/2 weeks later; which is nothing in comparison to countries like new zealand and india... alot of PAL games in the UK don't offer translations anymore (it's a purely english game with no language select option) which I think could be a reason our no. of releases and the delay on getting them has improved dramatically. :)

Albino Goose
08-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Lol im a drummer so the wait for Rock Band killed me

me too...that was parshley the problem with that :/

and to whoeever said about buying a us console.... My brothers just waiting for his visa ands moving out for 10 years lol...:P

pissed me off beacause he could have got it for me if he came home 1 week later lol :/

cheers for the input guys...i understand a lil better this time...

A Satyr
08-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Because America loves to screw us over.
I dont think i could sleep at night if we didnt...

Crimson Ridley
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
At the end of the day, it's the way of the world. If we didn't have to share our games with the rest of Europe we would get games at roughly the same time.
You'll notice when you load some games up that you get an option to choose English, French, Spanish etc. languages. The English is American, nothings changed, but they have to translate it into all those other languages which takes a hell of a long time on RPG's especially.

Oh and why are people complaining about Too Human being late here, the demo sucked balls, what did Silicon Knights do all that time they were making it? Worst developer ever.

And to Santa: No of course Tomb Raider isn't a big release, that's why people go nuts over a new one and why there has been so many.... Same with Hitman, really popular series... You have no clue what you're talking about.

Santa
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
At the end of the day, it's the way of the world. If we didn't have to share our games with the rest of Europe we would get games at roughly the same time.
You'll notice when you load some games up that you get an option to choose English, French, Spanish etc. languages. The English is American, nothings changed, but they have to translate it into all those other languages which takes a hell of a long time on RPG's especially.

Oh and why are people complaining about Too Human being late here, the demo sucked balls, what did Silicon Knights do all that time they were making it? Worst developer ever.

And to Santa: No of course Tomb Raider isn't a big release, that's why people go nuts over a new one and why there has been so many.... Same with Hitman, really popular series... You have no clue what you're talking about.
No the nerds go nuts over seeing pixels move around. Aye aye.

Popular or not, we got it a day early? Wow that is amazing, you compare it to better games.

Artamus
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
What pisses me off about the release dates most is, if they are first promised to EU earlier or at the same time, but we still get it later.
And Jimmy, imo Too Human demo was win.

Pirate Luke
08-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Ah well we get the good old FIFA and Pro Evo before US. We've even got the Smackdown games before them and thats a US sport!